Guild Wars2 Gw2.exe Entry Point Not Found

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: LoopySnoopy.7923

LoopySnoopy.7923

Hi this error has just happened and it seems to stick around regardless of restarting my PC. I’ve tried fresh graphics drivers,run GW2 repair,checked for malware/Virus/trojans.
Gw2 is a fresh install my OS is fresh as the PC is brand new and the error only comes up with GW2,my other games run fine no messages like this.
I’ve checked Google but the only things that keep coming up is posts from 2012.

EDIT1 GW2 ran fine last night when I logged off no error messages

I am wondering if any one with some technical knowledge can help me

Please see attacked screen shot for the problem

Attachments:

Too much agreement kills a chat.

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

I’m experiencing the same issue. When I start GW2 the client says ‘Initializing…’ and then it disappears and this little window pops up. When I clikc ok, it ’’reappears’’ for about six times before the client starts normally.

Not sure if it’s related to updating to the latest Nvidia drivers.

Looking at the message closely … d3d9.dll … I moved this and three other files from their original location in GW2 folder to bin file (as this was posted as a solution to Sweet FX problem after the Feature Pack update).

EDIT: I moved d3d9.dll , dxgi.dll and injector.ini from the bin folder back to the GW2 folder and the message doesn’t pop up anymore. However, the graphics look horrible again without Sweet FX. :/

Attachments:

(edited by Arctinus.7824)

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

it’s your sweetfx. i delete mine and problem solved.

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

You can just click the ok button to get rid of the message (a few times I know, it’s annoying) but SweetFX still works.

It’s actually a problem related to the latest Nvidia drivers.
Rolling back to previous drivers doesn’t help if you’ve already installed the latest.
Maybe a complete driver clean might help and then install the previous Nvidia drivers, haven’t tried that one myself yet.

Personally I think it has something to do with the new Virtual Reality settings in the Nvidia control panel but anyway…

Problem happens also in Diablo 3, probably other games too, not tested any others.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Yeah, SMAA injector seems to be the issue after today’s Nvidia update. The game launches for me though. The error (“the procedure entry point Direct3DBreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll”) keeps popping up for me, but the game launches and works without problems.

The issue is that I don’t want to stop using SMAA, and I’m sure people don’t want to stop using SweetFX either – the game looks horrible without it, the standard FXAA is horribly blurry.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: LoopySnoopy.7923

LoopySnoopy.7923

Problem is I don’t use SweetFx with gw2, I only use Sweetfx with Skyrim…..I did update to the new Nvidia driver today.
Guessing a full driver wipe is on the cards; If I press the okay button nothing happens it just keeps popping up, my client does load how ever and I can play but that daft error message is still there in the background….Wondering if the Nvidia forums will be able to help.

Thanks all.

Too much agreement kills a chat.

Posted by: Aruka.7059

Aruka.7059

unistalling latest GeforceExperience work for me.

(edited by Aruka.7059)

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

uninstall GeforceExperience FOREVER

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

You guys convinced me.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: monoliith.6238

monoliith.6238

Same issue. Uninstalled GeForce Experience. No errors now.