Guild wars is disconnecting my internet?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: PrinceCola.5620

PrinceCola.5620

Sadly i think this is happening to me as well. Logging into the game and playing for a minute seems to shut of my internet completely, but if i alt-tab i regain connection…wat o.0

EDIT: Yeah, turns of my internet completely. And i was reminded that i have this same problem with steam…never knew why…asked their support, other people etc etc etc…never found out what the problem was.

(edited by PrinceCola.5620)

Posted by: Mathus.6341

Mathus.6341

Yes My disconnecting started back up again… This has been a Prob for a mass amount of ppl for months now. Whats the next game to play I guess…

Posted by: PrinceCola.5620

PrinceCola.5620

Same happens to me…i guess Arenanet is working on it now since they are not replying.

Posted by: StormLight.3072

StormLight.3072

My friend pejket have a similar problem:
connectoin error (s) detected. Retrying …
And he wonders if anyone can fix it, because he really wanted to and play again.

Posted by: Liberos.7358

Liberos.7358

This is getting absolutely ridiculous, I can get on sometimes, and get 150ms latency, then play for hours with no problem. Then all of a sudden for 3-4 days my latency is 200-300ms, and I get super rubberbanding, if not a reconnect… even in missions.
I’ve updated my firmware, port forwarded every port, changed my QoS in my router, tried two identical modems, and had my isp out twice. I’ve ran traceroutes 10 times, the latency drop is at their servers. Anyone got anything like this ? or even a solution ? or when can I expect them to fix the server ?

PS I live 178 miles away from the server in dallas sooooooooo

Posted by: Castiel.7298

Castiel.7298

I’m having the exact same problem, browsing is fine, then i open GW2 and when i play, everything also experiences connection problems ( usually only running teamspeak in the background ) i get lag spikes and disconnected from both systems, started about 3-4 days ago

Azradel – Guild leader of Semper Dius [Dius]
You are not prepared.
http://www.semperdius.co.uk/

Posted by: Asheraht.8479

Asheraht.8479

totally having the same problem – i thought it was because i live in the middle of nowhere in the country. but after further investigation with my ISP CenturyLink(WI) its not their issue. I can be playing GW2 getting in the middle of something and i get kicked. i freeze up, server disconnects, has a heck of a time reconnecting doesn’t matter the day of the week or the time. Would be great if they would take this seriouslyl!

Posted by: Nitro.4732

Nitro.4732

If you are using satelite connection: unfortunately this is expected as generally this technology has very high latency at the best of times and may cause timeouts on low latency applications such as Guild Wars.

If your router is disconnecting from the internet, restarting, crashing or losing wifi connection then there is something wrong with either the router’s software(firmware) or it cannot handle the amount of data being sent to it. Lots of commercial routers such as Belkin, D-link, TP-Link, Edimax, Speedtouch etc tend to have cheap products on the market for home users but tend to over hype their products. Some router hardware come with very low performance processors (100-200Mhz) which can handle a good few computers simply browsing the internet, checking email or even streaming internet video. However when it comes to gaming and other multi-session based applications they fail to keep up and tend to show the symptoms listed above. Some companies just have really bad firmware that is not optimised for the hardware.

When looking for a good router look for companies that have regular updates to their firmware and offer high performance processors (400-600Mhz, even dual core). Look at companies that offer Open Source firmware as they are more likely to have fixes and updates faster because anyone can contribute to fixing known problems.

Good Brands that tend to match these points are:

Linksys (recently bought over by belkin so be careful their hardware may change)
Asus (Has a great open source community, support lots of open source firmwares like DD-WRT, OpenWRT, CeroWRT, and the popular Tomato Firmware)
Buffalo (Offers models with pre-builtin DD-WRT)
Netgear (Starting to move into Open Source, but offer great performing closed source hardware)

If you are plugged directly into your modem and the internet is still disconnecting then this is most likely showing an issue with your networking card, check for the latest network card drivers, check google for other known problems. The manufacturer of the network card may offer a newer driver than Apple/Microsoft/Linux so check them directly also.

If your are currently having router based problems, share your routers model number with this post and I may be able to give some advice on how to troubleshoot these disconnects even further.

CoolerMaster Masterbox 5 | H110i | AMD Ryzen R7 1800x 4.0GHz | 32GB DDR4
512GB Samsung 950pro | 2TB SATA-3 | AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

Posted by: Burnrubber.9068

Burnrubber.9068

I’m using the Virgin Media Super (crappy) Hub and been getting the same issues. I’ve called Virgin and after a long conversation about my internet speed and guild wars 2 i was told they would happily replace my Hub. This has had absolutly no effect on the problem. At one point they tried to blame one of the computers on my network as a pure fluke speedtest when i shut that one down gave me the correct internet speeds.

I had maybe a day or two with no issues and then all the problems have come back. We have 2 computers running different operating systems both running guild wars 2 and they are both causing random dissconnects of the hub, and only when guild wars 2 is running.

Another long and boring conversation with Virgin Media tech support is due when i get the time, i will keep you all posted on the outcome.

Posted by: jayt.2378

jayt.2378

getting same problems is well i used my laptop today and was even going to call to get a replacement thinking it was my wifi. but i never played gw2 before writing this message through out the day a bunch of videos, music, etc and no disconnection problems not even when playing other games but as soon as i played gw2 before typing this up couple minutes ago got disconnecting my internet will fully disconnect as soon as i open guild wars 2 launcher and gone and will re-connect after awhile.

but it will happen again once getting in to the kitten game huge problem and have been getting lots of problems and seriously i don’t want content from anet i want them to fix many of these performance issues they got going on and there are a lot cause from the start of this year have been experiencing numerous problems especially error 7 on top.

how can i enjoy content when i cant play properly and keep having these problems and what is surprising is anet seem to keep ignoring these issues they ent even address these issues at alll.

(edited by jayt.2378)

Posted by: Edward Exeter.3517

Edward Exeter.3517

I am experiencing the exact same issue (US). It just started a few days ago.
My internet connection is 100% stable throughout the day, but when I play GW2 I start losing connection to the server at random times, and my internet connection drops completely for about 30 seconds or so. After that everything is fine and I can log back in until it randomly happens again.

Has anyone seen an official response on what the problem might be? Obviously it is happening to lots of people from all over the world.

Posted by: Strawberry Nubcake.7163

Strawberry Nubcake.7163

This is sad.

I’ve been having this problem off and on over the past few months and even contacted support about it a while back. They didn’t mention if anything was out of the ordinary after I sent all the files they requested. The problem seemed to clear up for a short period of time before it came back with a vengeance about 2 months ago. Maybe it was longer than 2 months… it’s hard to remember. It’s been going on for a while.

I recently reformatted, reinstalled the game, changed every setting imaginable, etc. The only thing that seems to solve the problem is to NOT play the game. I spent the past week or so taking a break from GW2 because getting disconnected constantly wasn’t fun.

I have played several other games online during my little vacation and my internet has been perfectly stable. I’m 99.9% sure that it will start dropping again if I decide to do something besides my dailies. It would be nice to be able to do fractals again without my internet randomly dropping every time a boss is about to die. That got old real fast!

Suddenlink is my ISP and they can’t find a problem either.

It’s only unstable while playing GW2! What the deuce??

Posted by: Tyler.6731

Tyler.6731

Just want to stop by and let ArenaNet know that I am another one experiencing these issues. I’m pretty confident that it’s related to Guild Wars, my modem resets itself over and over when playing and only when playing.

Please fix this ArenaNet.

Posted by: Mythgraven.1302

Mythgraven.1302

Same thing happens to me things were running fine till about a month ago.
I have tried opening ports, I sent in the test
info they wanted, I have even shut my firewalls and anti virus off.
Nothing seems to help and its only when guild wars is running does this problem
occur. I can play steam games and other MMOs with no problems.

Posted by: yoran.1084

yoran.1084

I’m having this issue 2, at first i thought my computer was the problem till i didn’t run gw2 for 6 days and never had issues with my internet. I’m raging atm becaus i was about to finish a story quest that took me 23 minutes till my internet shuts off becaus of gw2. Please fix this!
EDIT: my friend is playing with me on the same network but doesn’t have this problem at all?

(edited by yoran.1084)

Posted by: Hydan.2341

Hydan.2341

I also have the same problem my internet goes down for about 10 sec each hour and it only happens as long as i play gw2 otherwise it is stable any solution or advice?
Thx in advance

Posted by: Crimby.4160

Crimby.4160

Same thing has been happening to me…has anyone found a solution yet? getting very tired of not being able to play something i’ve paid for..

Posted by: NanoBiped.1753

NanoBiped.1753

I’ve never had this problem.. until now. I’m in Australia.

Seems like whatever they did during this most recent patch has caused the problem for me. I play for under 5 minutes and my net drops, yet when I’m not playing (surfing the web, downloading, watching YouTube videos) it stays connected.

This thread was created approximately 5 months ago. Why hasn’t a dev responded yet?

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Anyone else have this problem since the 30/04 patch?
I spend 3 day without internet but I think it was a problem with my ISP but suddenly, my connection come back and then I remembered this problem (I had the same problem when I bought GW2 back in October and this last time, I just logged in when my connection die).
Also, this seems to affect the modem only since reinstalling/restoring windows don’t fix it.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: DreamReaver.7514

DreamReaver.7514

Same thing happening today, am in Australia and using ADSL 2. Have no internet issues till i start playing GW2 and then I will loose my internet completely and only happens when playing guildwars. And i can’t predict when i will loose my internet while playing GW2. Everything was perfectly fine and never had this issue until today.

everything is an illusion

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

I am having this issue. When Gw2 is running , some times my internet access goes offline. Network notification in task bar says “No internet”. It will then reconnect within a few seconds. This has happened even though another Pc, on the same network, running Gw2 at the same time stays online just fine .

I am running Windows 7 SP1 64bit, AMD 1820, 8GB Ram, Radeon 6850, Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller. Zoom gigabit modem.

I usually have teamspeak, yahoo messenger and firefox open while playing.

Posted by: Orillion.9051

Orillion.9051

I’m having the same problem here. I’ve started playing GW2 in March, and everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago, when i began to experience massive loss of internet. The context is similar to what’s described by others in this thread.

I’m in France, on a DSL connection, usually supporting 4 Mb without problem. I’m only having my browser running at the same time, and sometimes some music playing as a background task.
I’ve been calling my ISP, who has been running a ton of diagnoses, and even disconnected the other phone sockets in the appartment, in order to avoid signal losses. The only anomaly seems to be a large number of “errors” coming from the outside network, and someone from the telephone hardware company is going to come and check the cables and stuff (scheduled on May 27th).
It sometimes also happens when i’m downloading things, so i assumed it wasn’t related to GW2, but now that i’ve seen this thread i’m having serious doubts.

Posted by: slaney.4250

slaney.4250

I had a similar problem a while back and found this solution,

http://besthubris.com/computers-internet/wireless-network-drop-connection-windows-7-error/

maybe it can also help some of you fix the disconnects

Posted by: Hong.4280

Hong.4280

Same for me here in HK.. My mac won’t get disconnected from wifi.. but once im in GW2 my wifi disconnects and I have to reconnect again for my wifi.. it happens every 2-3 min or so that I can’t even enjoy playing! Appreciate if anyone has a solution especially for macbook. Thanks.

Posted by: SSpeed.3970

SSpeed.3970

This is not an issue on GW2’s end, I guarantee you that. Other games have same issue.

SSpeed.3970

If you are using Windows 7 and are currently sharing your internet speed, you may be at risk for frequent disconnects.

Please call a doctor and ask for Zodack. Over the counter medication. symptoms include pain, congestion, and possible death.

But seriously, Windows 7 + Unknown variable (related to another person on your network) = Frequent Disconnects

Correct me if I’m wrong, or tell me if I’m right.

SSpeed.3970

Solution:Use compatibility mode

Your welcome

Posted by: Anasurimbor.5763

Anasurimbor.5763

Solution:Use compatibility mode

Your welcome

Neat, except it doesn’t work.

Also, grammar.

Borlis Pass

Swedgin [FFT] – Norn Guard

Posted by: The Wind Singer.3921

The Wind Singer.3921

Edit2 (12/15/2012): The problem was my router. It is fixed now and working 100%. Guys, try to set the lease time on your router’s DHCP. In my case it was too short and every time my D-Link renewed it I lost connection with the game server.

Worked for both of us in the house, good solution.

Come O’ human child, to the waters of the wild,
With a faerie hand in hand, for the worlds more full of weeping than you could understand.

Posted by: Quad Piece.8430

Quad Piece.8430

I also have this problem, HOWEVER, I live in two different homes. Here’s where the weird part starts BOTH homes have the same router same ISP AND same connection package! Yet One home disconnects immediately after login (we’re talking less than a second) been going on for 3 MONTHS now and all internet activity crashes, while the other home has NEVER disconnected and I can play the game with no problems nice and smooth.

Posted by: BluePhantom.2894

BluePhantom.2894

I also have this problem, HOWEVER, I live in two different homes. Here’s where the weird part starts BOTH homes have the same router same ISP AND same connection package! Yet One home disconnects immediately after login (we’re talking less than a second) been going on for 3 MONTHS now and all internet activity crashes, while the other home has NEVER disconnected and I can play the game with no problems nice and smooth.

If in house 1 everything work perfectly, and in house 2 there is a problem, with the same condiction, then it would scratch a problem with your router, probably this is a problem with your ISP.

To be sure, try to update your router’s firmware.. or try to use the one you believe work in house 2.. maybe something happened to it..

Posted by: Quad Piece.8430

Quad Piece.8430

If in house 1 everything work perfectly, and in house 2 there is a problem, with the same condiction, then it would scratch a problem with your router, probably this is a problem with your ISP.

To be sure, try to update your router’s firmware.. or try to use the one you believe work in house 2.. maybe something happened to it..

Unfortunately my router is flashed with a special firmware from my ISP and does not allow manual firmware updating/downgrading, it simply connects to the internet on every boot and updates, therefore having different firmware/versions of the firmware on the routers is impossible.

Calling my ISP was also the first thing I tried, they helped me on live chat and even tried disabling all security on their part apparently (Yeah they’re famous in Norway for being nice, I can even DDoS without them giving a flying F about it) however we simply could not reach a solution.

After compiling everything I know I’ve decided that what hints I’m stuck with are:
-It’s a local problem (Excluding the router)
-It’s not related to my ISP
-AVG is not related as I have tried disabling it already (Including firewall) and windows firewall is already disabled due to me using AVG firewall.

Things I haven’t tried:
-Downgrading my WLAN drivers (Suprisingly ASUS I’ve had this problem with drivers V 1.0.7 through V1.0.9 and they only supply 1.08/1.0.9 on their website so I felt it was useless.)
-Ethernet (I unfortunately have a desktop weighing in at 15 KG and the router is installed in a small cottage, not exactly easy to accomplish :/)

Sorry for the long post, it’s not easy squeezing all I’ve discovered into one post.

(edited by Quad Piece.8430)

Posted by: Norhevc.9618

Norhevc.9618

Just wanted to chime in that I have the exact same issues with a TL-WR841N router. Not sure how to fix it…… running PingPlotter as suggested on the support here I get packet loss across the board once the game is running. Have opened up all 4 ports on my router, doesn’t seem to help.

Posted by: DeezeeO.7621

DeezeeO.7621

Just wanted to revive this thread and let ArenaNet that this is also happening in my case

I’m from Australia – Usually I am able to play the game for about 10 – 15 minutes after that -ALL- computers/devices connected to my WIFI connection suddenly drop out

Took a break from playing GW2 over the past 2 weeks to see if the problem was actually on the games end – seems so my connection was fine and unaffected until today when I started playing again and the issue persisted almost instantly.

I know this is a FTP game – but it seems this issue has been around for quite awhile and this thread has no response from ArenaNet which I consider bad customer service on your part.

Could we PLEASE get a response or some kind of fix? This has been going on for far to long and I’m on my last thread with your game.

Posted by: JosieMach.3052

JosieMach.3052

I have the same problems. It happens everywhere in gw2, not only dungeons and fractals.
The whole internet is gone for a while. I also lose connection to Skype.
I think this is weird. I disconnect (blackscreen most of the time) and then internet is gone including the Skype call.

Posted by: ShadeofDante.5318

ShadeofDante.5318

Just wanted to chime in and say I’m suddenly having the same issue here after months of no problems. It’s something to do with GW2, or at least the way it accesses the servers. In my case it causes my wifi card to lose connection and have to be disabled/re-enabled. It’s definitely something with how GW2 acts though, as it only has this issue when playing GW2. Any other game works fine with my card.

Posted by: CreepingDeath.8396

CreepingDeath.8396

Having the same issue here. It’s only started a few days ago. I had originally put it down to the servers getting hit hard by the free trial week, or the fact my girlfriend just got the game and it’s the first time we are playing it on the same connection, but it happens pretty regularly (like 6 times in the last 2 hours).

Posted by: Angrod.4103

Angrod.4103

Same, it started about a week ago for me. I would pop on and it would be fine for a few minutes, then it would lag once, for just a second or two, then it dc’s. Everything else is connected perfectly but it refuses to stay on for too long. And it was perfectly fine for the first 8 months that I’ve been playing.

Slappin Dem Muffins
DarkHaven—→IoJ—→FR—→YB
[SE]

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

And here I thought its my ISP’s fault, exactly the same problem that people described but only happens randomly. Will try some of the solutions people posted here and see if they helped.

Posted by: Bullit.8514

Bullit.8514

Hi all,
Same problem here. I played gw2 since release and never had any issues until 6-7 months ago, when my modem begun to restart after a while playing ( sometimes continuous restarts for long times like 20minutes). So after a raging at my pc/modem/connection/internetprovider/every god-s sanits and whatever for a few weeks , playing gw2 lost it’s cool, starting to be just annoying and surce of rage… so i quitted gw2. For the last 3 months i played other online games as counter strike-go, and done normal stuff on internet as allways without getting the tedious restarts ( just occasionally a few times per month, no big deal). Today i’ve decided to go again and try gw2… played 1h or more and then…. crash, crash, crash several times in a few minutes. So after telling the story of my “life”… arenanet do something wtf!!

P.s. i apologize for any misspell or grammar fails.

Posted by: IvoryOwl.3275

IvoryOwl.3275

I’m adding myself to this list – Portugal here.

I cannot give a precise answer as when things start to go wrong but usually the first half-hour of gaming is alright and afterwards it starts to derail. I keep getting damaged as I do Jumping Puzzles for no apparent reason and finally ported to the ground, sometimes there’s skill delays, sometimes I get rubber-banding or infinite dodge and this always means that a disconnection is imminent. The worst of it all is that it seems to affect my entire Internet! Like others, any other extra online program I have on, will loose connection and attempt to reboot. This only happens when I play GW2 and nothing else.

Could it be that the server is overcharging our connection in some way? Is it related to culling? I’m not sure but it seems things just got worse ever since culling was removed. Maybe something went wrong in the new patches? I know its bad not being able to see players, but an unplayable game is much worse. Whatever it is, it needs to fixed ASAP.

(edited by IvoryOwl.3275)

Posted by: MidoPioneer.5170

MidoPioneer.5170

I have exactly the same problem for like 2-3 months now
when I start guildwars 2 and go past the character select screen, I keep getting very high spikes on my ping and request timed out(s) then when I close gw2 my ping goes back to normal.
This is so annoying since I am not running anything else on the background and it is clearly some problem with the gw2 server since when I close the client my ping goes to normal.
Note:
I play a lot of other online games, and I never get the same problem.
Please any dev answer as this is so annoying :S

Maxeme – FSP

Posted by: Rainweaver.7302

Rainweaver.7302

Been having this problem since last saturday. Whenever I go past character select screen it disconnects my internet.

I’d really appreciate some answer on the matter.

Posted by: klesk.1790

klesk.1790

So i’ve finally found it…~!.All this time i thought it was my internet company that was disconnecting me…..~! I hav the exact same problem~!

Posted by: Hachidaime.3684

Hachidaime.3684

Same thing is happening to me too.

Posted by: Falen.8276

Falen.8276

been having the same problem for the past few months.

this thread is over a year old and nowhere is there a reply from Anet about it, whats up with that?

Posted by: RoboticZombies.9478

RoboticZombies.9478

This problem still exists, in case ArenaNet was curious, which it doesn’t seem they are. My girlfriend can play just fine at the same time, with the exact same router and ISP (roughly 2 feet to my left), but when I log on I have gotten this problem from day 1.

I tried moving all around the house, having my girlfriend log off, restarting the router, etcetera etcetera. No luck. Not my ISP, not my router, not my modem, not my problem. Good luck everyone, maybe some guru will come save the day eventually.

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

Dunno if this helps, but I used to have the same problem where my internet would disconnect until a reboot PC and router when I used to open Secondlife.. Turns out it was a port forwarding issue it would actually “freeze” my router connections somehow, I forwarded the relevant ports for SL and it stopped being an issue, have you looked into the same for GW2 maybe ?

Posted by: RoboticZombies.9478

RoboticZombies.9478

I’ve tried the /clientport 80 solution, although I haven’t tried port 443. Between this post and the error code 7:11:3:189:101, I’ve seen surprisingly little solution to the issue. Thanks for the idea, I’ll give port 443 a whirl and see.

Additionally, across all the posts I’ve found on the issue, the only post that offers any real hint at a solution is seiffer.4971’s cryptic message “Adding -repair to the target destination under properties on the exe fixed this for me.”

Obviously this involves editing the .exe file, but if anyone can give a more accurate process on how to do this, I would gladly test this solution.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’ve tried the /clientport 80 solution, although I haven’t tried port 443. Between this post and the error code 7:11:3:189:101, I’ve seen surprisingly little solution to the issue. Thanks for the idea, I’ll give port 443 a whirl and see.

Additionally, across all the posts I’ve found on the issue, the only post that offers any real hint at a solution is seiffer.4971’s cryptic message “Adding -repair to the target destination under properties on the exe fixed this for me.”

Obviously this involves editing the .exe file, but if anyone can give a more accurate process on how to do this, I would gladly test this solution.

That would be the task of repairing the client if there is anything that needs repairing.
Check the game for errors and repair it

• Close your game completely.
  • Next, make a copy of your Gw2 game shortcut and rename it “GW2 Repair” or to something that you will recognize it for being only for running a repair on your GW2 installation.
  • Now, right-click this “Gw2 Repair” shortcut and click on “Properties”.
  • On the “Shortcut” tab look in the “Target:” field, you should see:
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2” or wherever you have Guild Wars 2 installed.
  • After the closing quotation marks in this line put a single space and then add -repair
    It will look like this but with your GW2 install location:
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2” -repair
  • Hit OK after making this change.
  • Run this repair shortcut. Your game will run through a repair cycle and fix any damaged files it finds.
  • After it runs through, start the game using the normal GW2 game shortcut (not the repair shortcut).
| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |