Guildmate got banned for Botting???

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Genocide.4506

Genocide.4506

My friend got his account terminated due to “botting” I and some other guildmates we’re with him on Teamspeak when he suddenly said his account was banned for botting after being away for half an hour then when he came back playing he got kicked out of the game and couldn’t log back in and as said above got banned for botting… please fix this.

support ticket:
#130420-002232
account name:
mallas.9836

Blackgate thief :)

Posted by: roseria.7695

roseria.7695

I was on ts with him

he was farming skelks in frostgorge sound went afk gets back and then he was banned.

Arenanet please fix this.

i know this guy he doesnt bot hes our pve planer running to all the meta events putting alot of his free time into our guild making sure we all get to do stuff.

Roserra @ [ATT] – Attuned

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Your friend has already opened a support ticket so there is no reason for you to post here in the forums.
If he has not gotten a response in 3 days, he should post a review here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Yes, many suspensions are not done cause of the last activity. There are two ways to get a suspension for botting.

a: someone reports you for botting, and the account get flagged with a timestamp of the report
b: some automatic systems (how they exactly work is kept a secret to not show botters how to get round them) is recognising and therefor flagging the account with a timestamp.

In both cases a GM looks into the situation and reviews the situation. A flag on itself is not reason for a suspension. The GM in this case has judged that the person must have been botting and suspended your guildmate. The queu on reviewing flagged accounts is unknown, it can be minutes and it can be weeks. So it doesnt have to be something he did the last few minutesthat cause the flag. the GM however reviewed his actions on the timestamp and decided he was botting at an unknown point in time.

Bottom line he filed a supportticket, he has to wait the queue. If it was a mistake they will rectify it, if not….well then he have been using a bot.

Arenanet respects the privacy of their clients. so they won’t comment on vouches that he wanst doing anything wrong nor give any public information bout the specific reasons. what you are doing is nice and recommendable but has zero effect im afraid.

I hope he really didnt do anything wrong and it is a mistake. sit out the queue and you will know.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

I was the one banned. Pretty sure it was someone that reported me then the person reviewing it didn’t review it at all. It would have taken them 10 seconds to see i was doing nothing wrong.

At least it was reinstated pretty quickly.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Welcome back to the game.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I was the one banned. Pretty sure it was someone that reported me then the person reviewing it didn’t review it at all. It would have taken them 10 seconds to see i was doing nothing wrong.

No one is blocked without a review. I’m glad this has sorted out just fine, but please be aware that this was not a case where you were reported, suspended, and then reviewed. The initial review lead to the block, but a second review resulted in reinstatement. Just want to be clear on this so players understand.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet