Guildwars 2 Account Suspended. I need help!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Tigerhat.4580

Tigerhat.4580

Q:

Hello Guys!
Can you help me please, today when im try to login my GW 2 account, im got an instant message: My account is suspended… At this time i dont know the proper reason! NO Im not a hacker/cheater/exploiter, i never spamming and selling ingame, and i never break the GW2 laws. Im opened a new ticket at the Arena.net support. I havent got any respond yet. I red a lots of forum and ppl’ who bought the Heart of Throns from a nonretail sellers have the same situation. Maybe thats the reason. I bought my from G2A.com online market at 2016.05.11. with G2A Shield. (i have pictures/screenshots from the transaction) Im use this site to buy CD-KEYS for two years ago, without any issues.
Im checked my GW2 account at the website, and under the HEART OF THORNS ther isn’t anymore the ACTIVE status icon, only the “BUY” button…
Do you have any ide what happend? I dont want to loose my account. I have more then 1000 hours gameplay (1 legendary weapon, full ascended character, and lots of more things) I payd for the original Gw2 at 2013 summer when the pre launch started. I payd for about 10 ORIGINAL GEMCARDS! And now i payd for the Heart of Thorns expansion.
Any way i have a lots of time and money in this game and i don’t want to loose it all.
Thanks for your ideas. Nagy Attila Gábor

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Read the rules. If they realise you have your account upgraded to HoT by a non-official retailer they will set your account back to vanilla and you have to buy again from an official retailer.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

G2A is a very risky site to buy games from. It’s quite possible the CD key you bought from them was purchased with a stolen credit card (not you, the original seller) and you got caught in the cross fire.

First, I would create a ticket and speak to support (Anet’s) to confirm the exact issue. After speaking to them, if what I said is correct, you next step is to contact G2A for a refund. Anet can’t let people use fraudulent keys, doesn’t matter if you tried to do the right thing.

And from now on, you should always confirm if a retailer is an authorized retailer of any product before buying from them. Just because you want to save money and buy it cheaper, you actually could end up losing money and not having what you tried to pay for.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Tigerhat.4580

Guys please! Im not a criminal! I payd for this game. Not just one time! When i bought the original game at end of summer 2013, and when i purchased the expansion and every single time when i puchased a gemcard so… i payd and i payd and just i payd!
If the ARENA.NET thinks the G2A isnt a retail seller, don’t let them to sell GWHOT CD KEYS. If you check out the G2A still selling Guildwars cd keys. Why they let tem to do this?
Why they do this suspend with me, with a honored old player from the biginings.
If they do this they will loose their player base!
A.net must FORCE this sites to finish selling! If they have the proper copyrights it wont be to hard…
When im purchase something, with a bankcard on the internet, how can i know it will wont be legal at the future?

Its totaly wrong way to bann players like me… this is NOT SOLVE anything, about selling cdkeys!

Try to think about with my head: I pay for something years ago and when my last purchase didnt acceptable by the Arena.net they bann me??? They need to solve this. Think it how the G2A get those CD KEYS? If someone is criminal, is that I AM? Because i bought their game again?

Ahh guys sorry im so angry about this… i spent about 320 Euro! (A.net you can check it on my acc) on this game at the past 3 years…. i cant belive they do this with Me!

(edited by Tigerhat.4580)

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Guys please! Im not a criminal! I payd for this game. Not just one time! When i bought the original game at end of summer 2013, and when i purchased the expansion and every single time when i puchased a gemcard so… i payd and i payd and just i payd!
If the ARENA.NET thinks the G2A isnt a retail seller, don’t let them to sell GWHOT CD KEYS. If you check out the G2A still selling Guildwars cd keys. Why they let tem to do this?
Why they do this suspend with me, with a honored old player from the biginings.
If they do this they will loose their player base!
A.net must FORCE this sites to finish selling! If they have the proper copyrights it wont be to hard…
When im purchase something, with a bankcard on the internet, how can i know it will wont be legal at the future?

Its totaly wrong way to bann players like me… this is NOT SOLVE anything, about selling cdkeys!

Try to think about with my head: I pay for something years ago and when my last purchase didnt acceptable by the Arena.net they bann me??? They need to solve this. Think it how the G2A get those CD KEYS? If someone is criminal, is that I AM? Because i bought their game again?

Ahh guys sorry im so angry about this… i spent about 320 Euro! (A.net you can check it on my acc) on this game at the past 3 years…. i cant belive they do this with Me!

It’s alright they will resolve it for you. You have to understand the keys on G2A are bought with stolen credit cards. Anet does not know which cards are stolen or not stolen when a purchase is made. The card is later reported stolen after you buy from G2A. Anet does not know they are selling a key to G2A since it’s just a credit card purchase like any other. If they sold keys to G2A it would be an official retailer. You’re incorrect in thinking Anet had any control over G2A.

Just explain the problem and they will work it out for you. DO NOT get all hostile and aggressive toward support. This is not their fault. You will get farther faster with them if you can understand this.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

The list of authorized retailers. Just select your country to see which companies are legally allowed to sell the game. If it’s not on the list, it’s probably a scam website.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hello Guys!
Can you help me please, today when im try to login my GW 2 account, im got an instant message: My account is suspended… At this time i dont know the proper reason! NO Im not a hacker/cheater/exploiter, i never spamming and selling ingame, and i never break the GW2 laws. Im opened a new ticket at the Arena.net support. I havent got any respond yet. I red a lots of forum and ppl’ who bought the Heart of Throns from a nonretail sellers have the same situation. Maybe thats the reason. I bought my from G2A.com online market at 2016.05.11. with G2A Shield. (i have pictures/screenshots from the transaction) Im use this site to buy CD-KEYS for two years ago, without any issues.
Im checked my GW2 account at the website, and under the HEART OF THORNS ther isn’t anymore the ACTIVE status icon, only the “BUY” button…
Do you have any ide what happend? I dont want to loose my account. I have more then 1000 hours gameplay (1 legendary weapon, full ascended character, and lots of more things) I payd for the original Gw2 at 2013 summer when the pre launch started. I payd for about 10 ORIGINAL GEMCARDS! And now i payd for the Heart of Thorns expansion.
Any way i have a lots of time and money in this game and i don’t want to loose it all.

You can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance. Only the CS Team can answer your questions, and/or offer assistance.

Good luck.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Sorry this happen to you just count it as a life lesson, do some research before you buy stuff from the Internet. Most people know that G2A is a scam site. Maybe G2A is not the scammers but what G2A is is a retail front for indepenant sellers much like amizon and eBay are. So contact support you will have to perchase the expantion again and to play it safe get it direct from Anet. Then contact G2A you should be able to get a refund, it might take a little effort. Anet is not responsable for your mistake so be calm and polite when dealing with support, it may take a few days to get this mess made right. Good luck.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Tigerhat.4580

Im use G2A to buy cd keys about 2 years ago. Im bought a lots of cd key for steam. This is the first time, when im in trouble, with this. If the steam accept those keys for years ago, why is should think the A.net dont accept it?!

Few more things what i don’t understand.
1. Only A.net can make cdkeys.
2. How can the G2A get a cdkey for GW if they dont payd for it?
3. If a user sold a stolen cdkey for G2A, how the user get the cdkey if he isnt pay for it?
4. If someone use a stolen credit card, and buy GW2, he only can get the cdkeys if the transaction is processed! So the A.net recive the money for it!
5. If i buy a cdkey from the G2A, who sell stolen Cdkeys (you guys told me) why im a criminal, and why my account get banned?
6. I have friends ingame who bought his expansion from the G2A, and they dont get banned? So why my account got a suspended status?
7. Im not sure, the G2A is the “big bad guy” in this story!

I think the A.net recive the money for every cdkeys, because if not, the thief did not recive any keys, when he try to purchase with a stolen credit card!

How many time needed for A.net to answer me? I sent my ticket about 30 hours ago, and i just recived an automatic respond. It tells me they recived my ticket, but nothing else.

Anyway: im try to be polite, but try to think with my head please.
Im a honored well paying old user, and now i got NOTHING at this moment.
Im so frustrated.

(Sorry for my poor english knowledge, im beginner in it.)

Ellieanna.5027

With stolen credit cards, sometimes people don’t know their number was stolen until weeks after the purchase was made. I could go into a long story but the final answer is

If it’s not an authorized retailer for the game, it becomes buyer beware. If you go and buy a used car from a person (not a dealership), and it’s stolen. The police will take the car away from you. You most likely aren’t the one who is arrested for it if you did your part, but you still will lose access to the car.

That is what happens when companies like G2A sell a game. Yes, G2A will have people selling honest keys on there, but they also have stolen keys being sold on their site.

You didn’t pay Anet for the key (authorized retailers pay Anet for the game, and then sell it to you, thus Anet is paid). You don’t deserve access to something that wasn’t legally paid for. After speaking to Anet, they usually release the account back, or ask to you pay for a real copy of HoT and they give you access again. But until you speak to them, your account is suspended since you have stolen property on it.

And no, maybe G2A isn’t “the bad guy” but they are very much aware that people sell products on their site with stolen credit cards, so they certainly aren’t a good guy.

End of the day, stop buying from unauthorized retailers.

Tigerhat.4580

If the A.net don’t give me back my account i don’t want to restart the whole game from zero.
I have 6 level 80 characters, i have a full ascended berserker armors, and weapons, a Sunrise legendary sword, i have 500lvl Weaponsmith/armorsmith/huntsman and a lots of sknis, things, account upgrades from gemstore. I payd for about 10 gemcard to buy those upgrade slots for inventory/bank and for the skins.
I have a lots of real money in this game.
I think im unable to restart it… i want my characters and things back.
Im lost everything, because of other peoples do criminals, and im punished for it…

Ellieanna.5027

YOU bought from an unauthorized retailer. YOU made that choice.

YOU need to speak to support. At this point you need to stop posting while assuming what Anet will and won’t say and WAIT. It’s called patience. 72 hours is their ticket response time (that is their goal, it can be faster).

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

They will lift your ban. You will need to be persistent but polite. So far you haven’t done the best at demonstrating that but if you want your account back you need to take a deep breath and work with support rather than against them. This is not the first case of this happening. Often support will give you an automated message type response. You will need to escalate the ticket by being persistent and polite about the issue. Otherwise it will be a rough road.

Tigerhat.4580

The 72 hours is expired and no any respond from Arena.net!
I sent another ticket, but nothing.
What do you think about guys. You told me the goal is 72 hours.
Now i dont know what should i do.

(edited by Tigerhat.4580)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

if you’ve waited 3 days and not gotten a response, post in this thread with your ticket #: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-3-days-older-2/

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

You have to wait, it can often take much longer. Submitting another ticket makes it take even longer. After three days you can add the ticket # to this thread. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-3-days-older-2/page/19 as you did, but without a ticket #.
But now you have submitted more than one, you have made your wait time longer. You should have received an automated response that they will got your ticket and they will get to you eventually.
Check you e-mail spam folders to see if it might be there.

And look at this 1st before you buy from Anet.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/
If not from this list -you will eventually have the account flagged.

You can also see this about not receiving Anet email.
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/64124056-Problems-Receiving-ArenaNet-E-mails

(edited by Blude.6812)

Blude.6812

if you’ve waited 3 days and not gotten a response, post in this thread with your ticket #: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-3-days-older-2/

He did, but no ticket# was received from Anet.

Tigerhat.4580

Please A.net respond to me. Is anyone inside there? Im waiting 4 days ago, and no any answer. Im working 12hours per day, im be tired to, i just want to play with my game at my little free time, but i cant.
What happend with the CS.team?
I saw a lots of post from players who didnt get respond for more then weeks!
Its horrible.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Please A.net respond to me. Is anyone inside there? Im waiting 4 days ago, and no any answer. Im working 12hours per day, im be tired to, i just want to play with my game at my little free time, but i cant.
Its horrible.

Asking on the forums won’t do anything. As someone suggested before, if it’s been longer than 72 hours, post your ticket number on the 3+ Days sticky at:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-3-days-older-2

But don’t post multiple tickets or it’ll slow down the process and you’ll be put to the back of the queue again.

Good luck!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Blude.6812

Its horrible.

Asking on the forums won’t do anything. As someone suggested before, if it’s been longer than 72 hours, post your ticket number on the 3+ Days sticky at:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-3-days-older-2

But don’t post multiple tickets or it’ll slow down the process and you’ll be put to the back of the queue again.

Good luck!

I believe he said he never got an auto response, so no ticket #. I gave a link that tells him what to do if not getting e-mails from support.

Tigerhat.4580

I have a ticket number: 2238718.
So i think the A.net have my ticket, just didn’t answer/solve my problem yet.
I can’t do anything about that, just waiting as the others said.
Im checking my mail every 5 minutes. (yes im checking all type of mails spam,promotion, etc..)
If they will solve my problem once, i will be drunken for 3 days in my happiness. But now i just biteing my fingers, and every time when my phone do a “new message” voice, my heart want to jump out my chest.

Blude.6812

I saw you added the # to the review section, which is good.
Time of response doesn’t reflect well on supports reputation though. Good luck and hope the prob is solved for you.

Tigerhat.4580

The problem discovered and solved.
The seller was bought the game from directly the Arena.net, BUT HE DID A fraudulent purchase, then try to sell it cdkeys on G2A.com. Thats why my cdkey revoked and the expansion deleted from my account. Im trying to get my money back from the G2A.com because my purchase deffended with a “G2A SHIELD” but i think they want to GET RID OF ME!
First they colse the resolution without an proper reason. Second time they dont want to accept my ticket! Now im try it again and last time.
I can confrim it guys, as you told me, never buy anything from a nonretail seller.
I have learned the lesson on my own loss!
Anyway i get back my old account, but my expansion is lost.
Thanks for your help!

Charrbeque.8729

The seller was bought the game from directly the Arena.net, BUT HE DID A fraudulent purchase, then try to sell it cdkeys on G2A.com. Thats why my cdkey revoked and the expansion deleted from my account. Im trying to get my money back from the G2A.com because my purchase deffended with a “G2A SHIELD” but i think they want to GET RID OF ME!
First they colse the resolution without an proper reason. Second time they dont want to accept my ticket! Now im try it again and last time.
I can confrim it guys, as you told me, never buy anything from a nonretail seller.
Thanks for your help!

Since ArenaNet has nothing to do with that website, there isn’t anything they can do to get your money back.

If that website refuses to give you a refund you’ll need to contact your bank, or credit card company, and dispute the charge. Explain to them that you got scammed and the website refuses to give you a refund.

Charrbeque.8729

Hello Guys!

Thanks for your help!

Just a warning to everybody else, do not purchase from that website. They actually do obtain serial keys for games through fraud.

https://games.slashdot.org/story/16/06/21/235248/indie-dev-tinybuild-lost-450k-to-fraudulent-sales-facilitated-by-g2a

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

G2A is what we call a “fence” much like shady pawn shops and don’t look too closely at where the goods come from as long as it’s cheap and then feign innocence when it turns out the codes they sold are no good.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes