Gw2.exe not closing

Gw2.exe not closing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: KatiesAura.5928

KatiesAura.5928

has anyone else found gw2.exe not to be closing normaly? i have to manual end it via windows task manager on windows 7 ultimate

I may be your guardian angel but I don’t have the ability to walk through walls

Gw2.exe not closing

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

Yeah I’ve noticed this a lot lately as well. I’ll go to start GW2 up and the window never pops. I’ll look through task manager and find other instances of it still there. Just started happening to me the last few days.

Gw2.exe not closing

Posted by: Psychophant.5682

Psychophant.5682

I’m having this problem post-patch as well. I also had this problem soon after release, but it was fixed a couple months back.

Archon Moros
Lvl. 80 Abrasive
GM of [KAIN]

Gw2.exe not closing

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Yes this has happened to me as well when the patch should of closed my client, but didn’t fully. As OP said you must go to task manager(or whatever equivalent you have) and end it manually if this happens for any reason. For those of you not sure if this has happened, if you start up the client and nothing happens(besides maybe a loading icon next to mouse) the client has not fully closed upon your last use. If a login message comes up stating you have not logged out, head to your account on this and go to security and end the oldest log-in activity, then try to start client.

Gw2.exe not closing

Posted by: randalm.7125

randalm.7125

I too am experiencing this, Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Gw2.exe not closing

Posted by: Macros.6120

Macros.6120

This started happening to me after the January 28th update, too. It occurs maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the time after closing the client. It’s worth noting that multiple instances of the process can appear in the task manager if you keep trying to open the program.

Running Windows 8, 64-bit, non-pro edition.

Beyond The Wall [Crow]
Gandara

Gw2.exe not closing

Posted by: HSS.5837

HSS.5837

Exactly the same thing happens to me too. Most of the time I close the program now it stays running in the background. The game isn’t shown in the taks manager’s Applications tab but is still active in the Processes.

Gw2.exe not closing

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Yes indeed. Sometimes it runs in the background after I close, and I must end in the task manager. Also only after 28th update.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Gw2.exe not closing

Posted by: Itachi Hitokiri.6348

Itachi Hitokiri.6348

Same problem here, will keep on running after close to desktop. Can terminate using task manager.

Gw2.exe not closing

Posted by: Vlawde.1895

Vlawde.1895

Mine says still running but task manager doesnt show it

Gw2.exe not closing

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

I know that this isn’t ideal, but you could make a batch file to kill gw2.exe then start the game, it would save you trying to load the game multiple times and then having to kill them all.

taskkill /F /IM gw2.exe
cd c:\<game location>
start gw2.exe

Gw2.exe not closing

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

Having the same problem here (another thread with additional people experiencing it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/GW2-exe-process-doesn-t-end-when-closing )

Seems like it might be something tied to 64 OS bit since a lot of people are noting that they’re using one.