Hack Attempt?

Hack Attempt?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

I just check my account security and found out that an ip from “Texas” is showing up in my “Current Login” list and since I live on the other side of the planet theres no way that I’d login to my account from Texas. The hacker’s ip is not in my authorized ip list so does that mean someone is trying to hack my account? or the hacker already have access into my account???

Can someone please answer me? I’m super worry at the moment since I’ve invested quit a lot of time and effort into this account since aug last year. Thank You!

P.S I’ve changed my password and so far there isnt anything missing in my account so I assume it’s still in good standing.

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

Hack Attempt?

beastie.4536

looks like someone from TX , US (64.25.32.69) is working very hard trying to crack my account at the moment. I’ve already disconnect this ip 4 times from my security menu in the last 20 min.

Hack Attempt?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No, that’s NCSoft. There are a few official posts that say don’t worry about it. However search here is almost useless.

<searching with Google>

Here’s one.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Constant-attempts-to-hack/2844255

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Hack Attempt?

beastie.4536

phew! Thx mate for the info!!!! that got me worry sick….

Hack Attempt?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

No, that’s NCSoft. There are a few official posts that say don’t worry about it. However search here is almost useless.

<searching with Google>

Here’s one.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Constant-attempts-to-hack/2844255

You are wrong about search here being almost useless. Search here is COMPLETELY useless, not almost useless. :P

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Hack Attempt?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Can someone at ANet either fix this or at least added a sticky to this forum about this? At least have the page display the connection as (ANet forums (this site)) so it’s less likely for customers to freak out about it.

There are at least 3-5 topics per day on this issue.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Hack Attempt?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

<searching with Google>

Here’s one.

You are wrong about search here being almost useless. Search here is COMPLETELY useless, not almost useless. :P

No the results it list are for all practical purposes useless. It does display posts containing one or more of the words you are searching for.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Hack Attempt?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Can someone at ANet either fix this or at least added a sticky to this forum about this? At least have the page display the connection as (ANet forums (this site)) so it’s less likely for customers to freak out about it.

There are at least 3-5 topics per day on this issue.

You’ll be happy to know that I actually sent an email about this about an hour ago. Yes, this is not ideal, and we should fix it.

We are thankful for everyone’s patience with this, and are particularly grateful to those of you who are — despite the aggravating lack of a forum search engine! -- taking the time to find a relevant post and share it with others. Links help, so thank you!

The Dallas connection point on your list is ok. We have a data center in Dallas through which log-in activities can take place, for the game or for the forums. So seeing Dallas on the list isn’t a cause for alarm and you will note that you don’t get an email that asks you about this connection. (If I got such an email I’d be inclined to NOT accept it, personally.)

Thanks for your understanding as we go through the process of determining how to correct the issue and then schedule the coding that will fix it.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Hack Attempt?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Thanks, Gaile. Sorry if I came off as being snippy. I just cruise this forum a few times a day and see quite a few of these and was suggesting a solution that could save everyone some time and anxiety.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Hack Attempt?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

No worries, BG. I do understand the concern, and I’ve noticed that my email thread has a lot of devs responding, so the team truly is looking into this. I think they’ll find one of a few solutions, but we definitely do want to get this addressed!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Hack Attempt?

Posted by: Alduron.2389

Alduron.2389

I saw that too. I feel more at ease now that I know that’s it’s not a random hacker

Hack Attempt?

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I know how you feel OP. Many years ago I was watching a game on tv when the alarms went off on my computer. Someone was seriously trying to hack me, 6 times in just an hour. So I traced him back to a suburb in Chicago and since it was well before the advent of Google street view I went to the Chicago tourism board website. Well it just happened that they had those streets mapped so I zoomed in on the address and took a picture of the house the IP originated from.

Looking up that IP I got an email address so I bundled up my screenshot of the house along with my logs and sent the owner of the IP a short message. “I know where you live, stay out of my computer” The next day I received an apologetic e-mail from a worried father whose son happened to be the perp who was attempting to hack me. Sonny was banned from the computer and pops begged me for forgiveness. I never did tell him I lived over 3,000km away in another country.

However in cases like this a good trace route program is needed. You would have found the Texas IP in the route to ANET and GW2. Oh, it also explains why at times some people will be suffering terrible lag issues while others do not, it all depends on the route your signal takes to and from your location and how many nodes it touches on that journey.

Just thought I would share.

Theftwind (HoD)