Hacked.

Hacked.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: UndeadXandeR.3596

UndeadXandeR.3596

I tried to log in to my account today to play the new patch to find my account information wrong, so I changed my password and logged on to find all my stuff gone, along with my gold. on 2 characters. is there anything anyone can do?…

Hacked.

UndeadXandeR.3596

Update: apparently I’ve had an authenticator linked to my account?.. The authenticator isnt available on my phone, nor do I remember activating it myself.

Hacked.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

From what i’ve seen this usually includes a breach of your email account associated with the account. The only way to contact account support is by submitting a ticket and I would alsogo into the deleted folder of your email account and use the option to recover deleted messages. If you have a compromise on your email I highly suggest you submit a ticket including a new email address to contact you at.

Best of luck to you in your recovery by the way, it’s not a fast process.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Hacked.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Yes, please do not submit a ticket from an e-mail account that may be compromised. Please use a different e-mail account or, even better, create a new e-mail account, use a very strong and unique password, and keep the account only for Guild Wars 2. (Obviously, use a different password than you use for the game.)

This is the most secure means of communicating with our Support Team and it has the greatest chance of remaining secure while we work with you to retrieve your account, return access to you, and then go through the account restoration process, if the situation calls for and qualifies for that service.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Hacked.

UndeadXandeR.3596

So I contacted support about a restoration.. I’ve never had anything like this happen to me, about how long should it take for me to get all my stuff back?..

Hacked.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You need to make 100% sure your email and GW2 account are secure before you request a restoration. You only get ONE rollback, so if the hacker is still able to get in to your account (via changing the password again), you will loose all of your rolled back stuff and be SOL.

In the case where your email account has been compromised, your GW2 “stuff” should be least of your worries as someone else having access to your email can be a MUCH larger RL (and potentially financial) issue.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Hacked.

UndeadXandeR.3596

Im using a completely new email now, changed the password, asked for the rollback, then got the authenticator.. here’s hoping it won’t happen again.

Hacked.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Im using a completely new email now, changed the password, asked for the rollback, then got the authenticator.. here’s hoping it won’t happen again.

Good steps, there. It can take several days to go through the restoration process, but the team will do whatever they can to help.

Best of luck.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Hacked.

UndeadXandeR.3596

Am I able to play the game while I wait for the rollback? or is there no point? would I lose the progress made on the character I play on?