Hacked accounts in game

Hacked accounts in game

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rahl.4920

Rahl.4920

How do I report in game when I think someone’s account has been hacked?

While at the bank area in Divinity’s reach on the black gate server. I saw two characters belonging to MOOF.3275 go from the bank but naked and straight to the market seller. After having my own account hacked over the holiday and the few hellish days afterward, I do not want to see anyone else suffer. We need a option added to the in game report function to let us report when we think an account has been hacked. I have seen another one, but they logged out before I could try and find out at least their account name.

Hacked accounts in game

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

While at the bank area in Divinity’s reach on the black gate server. I saw two characters belonging to MOOF.3275 go from the bank but naked and straight to the market seller. After having my own account hacked over the holiday and the few hellish days afterward, I do not want to see anyone else suffer. We need a option added to the in game report function to let us report when we think an account has been hacked. I have seen another one, but they logged out before I could try and find out at least their account name.

I do not believe you can report this in the game, but you might submit a ticket. Of course, if you can contact your friend outside the game, that would be helpful, too, and we could then work with the account holder. In any case, if this player has been hacked, it’s very likely we can set him right with an account restoration once he contacts us.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Hacked accounts in game

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I have a lot of alts and frequently delete ones that I get bored with to try out different race/class combinations, since a makeover kit can’t change those choices. When I do, I usually deposit anything in the bank that another character can use, then sell the rest to the nearest merchant. Same with key runs, I make a new toon, go through the personal story until the end of the first “chapter” when I get a BL key, then strip the toon and delete.

A “naked” toon does not indicate a hacked account, if there was a “report hacker” button in the game, CS would be swamped with false alarms. Your concern is admirable, but just keep this in mind.

Hacked accounts in game

Posted by: Beleth.8249

Beleth.8249

I’m one of those naked toons at the bank.
Nothing is wrong and is normal to see at Divinities Reach.

Nice that you looking out for us but you gonna get alot of innocent players banned.
I don’t want to go through what you went through if I haven’t been hacked.

12/5/14 Legendary

Hacked accounts in game

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I, too, spend time naked at bank and merchant, as I re-roll once or twice a week. No one could get their account back, if hacked, if they don’t contact CS first, anyway.

Remember, things are not always as they may seem. =)

Hacked accounts in game

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

Waves hand at op " These are not the toons you are looking for"

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte