Half my titles were hacked

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

I logged on earlier today and got some strange in game mail saying that some “golem” (idk if that’s some hacker slang) had stolen my titles such as “God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals” or “Ascendant” . I have poured countless 2.7k hours into this game and I fear that all my progress may be stolen from me.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

“God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals” is a Guild Wars 1 title that is carried over to Guild Wars 2 players who link their accounts. Have you played Guild Wars 1 and got said title? Because if not, there was a recent ArenaNet fix that fixed players getting titles and Hall of Monument rewards that they shouldn’t have had.

And if it is the case that you received the titles in error with this bug, then I suspect the ‘Golem’ is some player who knows and is trolling you, sending you a mail.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You can read this thread. Issues with 7/28 build and post if your bug is different.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

McViolin.8547

So now I’m being punished because Anet made a bug, this isn’t going to look good for the future. Cancelling my HoT pre order unless I get some sort of compensation Anet.

Just a flesh wound.3589

ANet didn’t make a bug to punish you and they aren’t going to single your account out for special compensation. You’re being unreasonable.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ande.2105

ande.2105

The mail, as far as I know, is ANets way of explaining that the titles from HoM that were INCORRECTLY awarded to a lot of people in a kind of lore-friendly way. Demanding compensation for this is daft and nonsensical.

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
– Jake Chambers.

McViolin.8547

No offense, but I have been a customer since the beta and a supporter of Anet amidst all the haters, so I don’t see this as being unreasonable. This is something I’d rather talk to an Anet employee about

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No offense, but I have been a customer since the beta and a supporter of Anet amidst all the haters, so I don’t see this as being unreasonable. This is something I’d rather talk to an Anet employee about

Did you play Guild Wars 1?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

penelopehannibal.8947

I’ve not been around since the beta, but I have put in nearly 12,000 hours into Guild Wars 2. I never achieved ‘God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals’ in Guild Wars 1, so it wouldn’t be right that I get awarded it.

If I had been awarded it, I wouldn’t take it as a ‘punishment’ to have titles taken off me that I never earned in the first place. I’m sorry if you feel differently to the titles being taken off you, but there is a work-around to this:

You can of course, play Guild Wars 1 to earn the ‘GWAMM’ title (which should give you the 50/50 or so Hall of Monuments points too towards the other titles) – that way you would have put in the time everyone else did to achieve GWAMM.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

McViolin.8547

Did you play Guild Wars 1?

No

Just a flesh wound.3589

In other words you’re saying you never played Guild Wars 1, you got the titles that other people put hundreds of hours into getting because of a bug, and now that the bug is fixed you want them back or special compensation or you’re going to get a refund of HoT?

Well, they aren’t going to reverse it so you’ll get titles you don’t deserve or give you compensation for reversing a bug so you might as well get the refund.

ANet may give it to you.

McViolin.8547

I got that by driving down to my local Best Buy and bought GW2 gems to support Anet, and made a character on the day that Anet was giving out the titles. I think I’ve earned those titles and they meant a lot to me. Because of those titles, I was able to meet new friends.

Posted by: Hidori.3472

Hidori.3472

I got that by driving down to my local Best Buy and bought GW2 gems to support Anet, and made a character on the day that Anet was giving out the titles. I think I’ve earned those titles and they meant a lot to me. Because of those titles, I was able to meet new friends.

- you haven’t earned that title
- this title is for GW1 players.
- you are not one of them, therefore no title
/thread

Just a flesh wound.3589

No, you didn’t earn those titles. Those titles were earned by playing Guild Wars 1 and earning them in game. ANet transferred them over to Guild Wars 2 to reward loyal Guild Wars 1 players who supported them for years, before there was a Guild Wars 2 and because they effectively lost their game when ANet decided to stop making content for Guild Wars 1 and make a different game instead, Guild Wars 2.

You want the titles, buy Guild Wars 1 and earn them, just like the loyal Guild Wars 1 players did.

ANet may give it to you.

penelopehannibal.8947

People who have put more hours into this game have paid the same (if not more) money into this game than you, and have still not earned those titles. Those titles were not for buying the game – those titles were for the die-est of die hard Guild Wars 1 players, a group of people no matter how much work I put into GW2, I will never earn the right to be a part of.

So I’m sorry, but I, and probably most of the player base, will disagree with your opinion that you ‘earned’ those titles simply by purchasing the game the same as everybody else did. Otherwise, we would all have that title.

Also, have you told these friends that you got that title without playing Guild Wars 1? If not, will you do?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

lordkrall.7241

No

There you have it then.
You didn’t earn those titles, which were given specifically to people that did stuff in GW1. Thus they were removed when they removed the titles from people that have gotten them wrongly.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

McViolin.8547

I was too young to play GW1, so now I should be discriminated for my age? I paid money to keep Anet afloat and this is the thanks I get from them? I’m going to also tell my family to cancel their HoT preorders until Anet does something about this.

lordkrall.7241

I was too young to play GW1, so now I should be discriminated for my age? I paid money to keep Anet afloat and this is the thanks I get from them? I’m going to also tell my family to cancel their HoT preorders until Anet does something about this.

You can pick up GW1 today and play it and earn the rewards. Blaming it on being too young doesn’t really hold.

And no, the money you spent is most likely not even remotely close to even keep one of their employees afloat for a month.

They have done something about it. They have removed the titles from people that haven’t earned them. They are not going to do anything else.
If you want them, buy GW1 and fill your Hall of Monuments like the rest of us.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Hidori.3472

Hidori.3472

what part of you didn’t earn it should I explain again?

McViolin.8547

what part of you didn’t earn it should I explain again?

The part how I didn’t earn it since I did earn it in reality

lordkrall.7241

How did you earn it? By buying a game?
While the others had to spend hours upon hours in GW1 to earn the same things?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

McViolin.8547

How did you earn it? By buying a game?
While the others had to spend hours upon hours in GW1 to earn the same things?

By buying extra content from Anet and supporting them through other means

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

“They see me trollin’. Day hate it. They patrollin’. Trying to catch me riding trolly. Trying to catch me riding trolly.”

Seriously guys, this thread smells heavily of troll dung. Stop feeding him.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Haha, no sorry, you didn’t earn them by buying gems or buying GW2. I have probably spent way more on gems than you, more than most people, and I don’t have the titles because I didn’t earn them through playing Guild Wars 1. Look, it was a mistake that you even received the titles, a bug. You didn’t earn them.

If my bank makes an error and deposits money into my account that wasn’t mine, which has happened, and they take the money away I’m not being punished. They took away something, rightfully, that I didn’t earn. I’ve been with the same bank for over 20 years. I don’t call the bank up and say, “Look I’ve been a customer for over 20 years and supported your bank so please put the money back.” Things don’t work that way.

The Burninator

lordkrall.7241

What extra content? Did any of that content specifically state to give access to the titles in question? No? So then you did not buy those titles.

I have probably supported ArenaNet just as much (if not more) than you, but that doesn’t really matter. I do have GW1 and I do have quite a bit of stuff in my HoM. I do however not have the God Walking Among Mere Men title. I do not think that I should magically be granted that one just because I have given plenty of money to ArenaNet.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

penelopehannibal.8947

You’re not doing anything different to most other players in the game, my friend. I’m a sucker for a good deal when it comes to items in the gem store. I can’t even count the amount of times I’ve bought Black Lion Chest Keys with gems bought with real money.

I still don’t have the title!! And by rights, because I’ve not earned them in GW1, I shouldn’t have. Why should you be any different?

Honestly, this thread needs locking now I think. You’re not getting your titles back, unless you play GW1 and earn them like everyone else. You can earn those titles now that you’re old enough to play Guild Wars 1.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

McViolin.8547

Like I said, I would rather talk to anet about this then people trying to deny me something that I’ve earned just because they didn’t have it themselves.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Then contact support. The link is at the top of the page. I can already tell you what the outcome will be but if you insist on wasting support’s time the link is there for you to use.

Since you no longer want to listen to people in the forum I’ll add this for you.

/thread

The Burninator

lordkrall.7241

Like I said, I would rather talk to anet about this then people trying to deny me something that I’ve earned just because they didn’t have it themselves.

But what can they say? You haven’t earned them. You won’t get them. It really is as simple as that.

And if you have somehow magically earned them just by spending money. Wouldn’t that mean that we would have magically earned them as well and thus your argument would be moot?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments

There you have two links to read up a bit on the subject.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

McViolin.8547

Jealousy is an ugly trait.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have 50/50 in the Hall of Monuments. That means I have both GWAMM and the Champion of the Gods titles, as well as all the other titles, the mini pets and the weapon and armor skins so, no I’m not jealous and I can very accurately tell you that you did not earn them by buying and playing Guild Wars 2 since beta. By the way, I’ve played since beta also so I know that doesn’t mean a single thing when it comes to these titles.

ANet may give it to you.