Hall of Monuments Questions [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: tanto.4217

tanto.4217

Hey guys! If Kimmes still says that you do not walk the same path with your hero in GW1, just log-in your GW1 character and visit the HoM, then talk to Kimmes, and do every option (dunno if it’s necessary) and you’ll get your items the next time you log-in in GW2.. tried it just now and I can access it now!

well someone are that lucky and it works for you\them but i cant say im that fortunate,
atleast ive gotten a reasonable answer now not a automated one so they are actively working on my issue atleast now :P and for all but my case has got some attention finally hehe

Posted by: Zargarda.2176

Zargarda.2176

Well its a little comfort knowing that im not the only one with this problem, I did write to Arenanet too but it seems they are very slow.

Posted by: Syxx.1035

Syxx.1035

I have this issue also

Posted by: RLD.7439

RLD.7439

22 days no resolution.
#120826-009648

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.” -CS

Posted by: Tyrus.2987

Tyrus.2987

22 days no resolution.
#120826-009648

Same here(#120905-009239), still nothing fixed, tried everything I can find/think of that I can do. It says they are linked on my account but nothing available when I go there… no HoM points in achievements or anything. Help! :S

(edited by Tyrus.2987)

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Go to HoM in GW1, it did it for me.

Posted by: Infarc.5093

Infarc.5093

No, this solution doesn’t work for a lot of us

24 days and my problem is still not resolved : #120825-022130

Arenanet, are you kidding ?

Posted by: Kraeje.5861

Kraeje.5861

Got the same not helpful copy/paste message as Plastered.2315. :/ Now I’m waiting again…
What bothers me the most is that I can’t create my characters because their names were reserved for ME. -.-

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

HoM rewards stopped working in PvP? is it not supposed to work anymore? And is FDS gonna be used in PvP?

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

Posted by: Gustavef.6730

Gustavef.6730

I am still waiting for even a response. But I still do not have any resolution to my ticket:

120825-023027

Updated

08/25/2012

Posted by: PowerVanger.2356

PowerVanger.2356

Hello,
I too cannot acess my Hall of Monuments rewards in Guild Wars 2 as it does not show up when my character goes there. It also said I have 0 achievement points towards it. I have linked my 2 accounts and have a confirmation that it is linked.

Posted by: Infarc.5093

Infarc.5093

I just received a reply stating that they had put in place a procedure to link a GW2 account to another GW1 account in case of error.
But hang yourself on the information requested, I hope you have kept all the emails / invoices etc ….
For those who bought GW1 7 years ago, it looks really hard, because, well, credit cards, one day it expires …

Posted by: larret.8910

larret.8910

It seems many people experience the same problem with linking accounts. ANET – could you at least confirm that you’re working on that?

Posted by: Minho.1640

Minho.1640

its been a whole month and my ticket is still not resolved :/
120831-019037

Posted by: Kurama.1257

Kurama.1257

Shorty be greatful that you even have access to them. You’re in the complete wrong forum.

Kurama.1257

They haven’t even said wether or not they’re even working on it, what on earth are we supposed to think. All that hard work to fill up Hom in GW1 and now this. Right now doesn’t even look like they know about it. 1 month on…

Kurama.1257

Some of you are soo spoilt. I can’t even link accounts due to an undocumented error and most of you have gotten even further than that.

‘This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
’ of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property ‘cancel’ of undefined at Templates\EJS\Account\link.approve.ejs:32:49 at Object.render (Library/core-template.js:185:15) at Object.reply (Library/sugar-reply.js:85:25) at Library/lib-troll.js:111:32 at Account/before.js:19:13 at Library/lib-troll.js:107:40 at Location/controllers.js:61:13 at Library/lib-troll.js:107:40 at Object.<anonymous> (Location/controllers.js:45:21) at Library/sugar-sts.js:125:72"/>’

Kraeje.5861

I got another response today that doesn’t help me at all. It simply doesn’t address what my issue is about. Does the support team actually read what I am telling them over and over again? :/

Hello,

I see that the last time you have logged in to your Guild Wars account and spoke with Kimmes the Historian was a while ago. Please log in to the game and speak with (living) Kimmes the Historian and check out your monuments. Then log in to Guild Wars 2 and speak with (ghost) Kimmes the Historian and see if he’s got your items for you. If you still don’t have them please let us know so that we may look further in to the issue.

As for the character names from Guild Wars, in order to have reserved the character names you had to log into Guild Wars during the time right before Guild Wars 2 launched. Please keep an eye on the official website and forums for the announcment as to when the reserved names will be released.

Regards,
Jonathan

Posted by: Rico.6873

Rico.6873

Ive heard logging in guild wars 1 would help?

I’m trying to remember my character name but when i can login in guild wars again i let u all know if it worked

Posted by: Orangebeard.2140

Orangebeard.2140

I have upgraded my system since I played GW1 and can’t find my discs to reinstall it so I can try the GW1 login trick. Any suggestions?

Kraeje.5861

After 3 weeks and a lot of not helpful replys, support finally fixed my account linking problem! I am happy now!

Posted by: andrew.1798

andrew.1798

I have upgraded my system since I played GW1 and can’t find my discs to reinstall it so I can try the GW1 login trick. Any suggestions?

You don’t need your discs to re-install GW…. just go to their website, go to support, then go to download the client.

Posted by: PaprickDluffy.9510

PaprickDluffy.9510

Hello ,
I too cannot acess my Hall of Monuments rewards in Guild Wars 2 as it does not show up when my character goes there. It also said I have 0 achievement points towards it. I have linked my 2 accounts and have a confirmation that it is linked.

Kurama.1257

After 3 weeks and a lot of not helpful replys, support finally fixed my account linking problem! I am happy now!

Well how did they do it?

Kurama.1257

What use is it to say that YOUR problem is fixed without providing any sort of useful information what so ever, that comment deserves to be infracted.

#120922-003558

Posted by: Beasta.4316

Beasta.4316

Linked both GW1 and GW2 and Nothing in HOM. I have the same email for both games. Support ticket number is 120923-002426

Posted by: Shock.9762

Shock.9762

When ever I try to link my guild wars 1 and 2 accounts, it says I have successfully linked the accounts but then when I load into my characters on the game the hall of monuments stone isn’t present (I have tried creating new characters too). If I then sign out of my account on the guildwars site and sign back in the accounts show up as not being linked. Could someone please help me? This is extremely frustrating!

Posted by: reubensitos.5496

reubensitos.5496

Just got an email that my account is fixed. I will check it out later tonight.

Hello,

Thank you for providing information about your Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 accounts. I have swapped your Guild Wars accounts so that your Guild Wars 2 account named [xxxxxxxx] is linked to your desired Hall of Monuments, and your login [xxxxxxxx] is no longer linked to a Guild Wars account. Remember that you now use the account name [xxxxxxxx] to log in to both Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2.

A few of our players have accidentally linked the wrong Guild Wars account because they’ve used the same password elsewhere or for an extended period of time. If you haven’t changed your password in a while, I recommend you do so immediately for any account using this email address and password.

You can log into your Guild Wars account management page by visiting this site: https://account.guildwars2.com Just click on Edit Profile, and scroll down to where it says, “Change Password.” Type in the password that we provided for you along with a new password of your choosing.

Please let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Posted by: Caz.8017

Caz.8017

I dont know, but I still cant use my HOM, I guessing its because my GW1 account is now @ncsoft and not my email address.

Posted by: Panicmonger.8624

Panicmonger.8624

Just got an email that my account is fixed. I will check it out later tonight.

What did you do to get helpful response from support?

I’m battling same issue for exactly a month now.

First I had bot response but after wait of 8 days (it was close to launch so I can understand that) I was asked for my both accounts information which I send right away (replying to e-mail as stated in message I received). And then I was just waiting and waiting and waiting. So I decided to look into support side only to realize my ticket was closed without response or any provided reason. It’s indeed all fun and games with ANET.

I then made another ticket (I can’t reopen existing one) explaining situation with FULL history from previous ticket attached. And what I get for answer (after seven days)?

"
Response Via Email (GM Wyrtas)

1. Sign in to your Guild Wars 2 account at https://account.guildwars2.com.
2. Click Link Accounts on the left-hand side.
3. Enter your original Guild Wars account name and password exactly as you would if you were logging in.
4. Click the Link Account button.
5. Click OK.
"
I really thought my problem is solved so I was trying to find sense in this answer for like a minute before I realized I was handled generic answer so maybe I just buzz off.
If GM Wyrtas is a real person he must been really tired and full of hate for customers. You showed me my place. I’m just another MMO-kid with stupid problems.

I don’t want to send another response because I’m not sure I have any patience left. Seriously I am a calm guy and I understand a lot. But this is not just overworked support. Last time I had such problems it was with my post communism telephone company. And that just makes me sad.

Edit: My issue was fixed withing 12 hours since this post. That’s a way to go and I appreciate it.

(edited by Panicmonger.8624)

Posted by: TESLA.7415

TESLA.7415

I can’t put my name in the box. It says:

“Error Loading Character
We couldn’t load that character, please check your spelling.”

The spelling is correct. Is there something special you do if you have spaces in your name? I’ve tried underscores and putting in double quotes.

Posted by: zwolf.1695

zwolf.1695

This is wierd. I was able to transmute using heritage stuff just fine when the game first released. I can go to the HoM, talk to the guy and get the items just fine. My accounts are linked. Password and login information match. I am able to login to both accounts. I click on the skin, drag the item over – green/green – click the button – nothing happens. I still have the skin and the item looks as it did. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Xio the Watcher – DWD of Blackgate

Posted by: Kira.8695

Kira.8695

Do you have to have Eye of the North to access your HoM rewards? True enough I only have the basic 3 points for linking my accounts, but I’d still like the rewards.

Kira.8695

This is wierd. I was able to transmute using heritage stuff just fine when the game first released. I can go to the HoM, talk to the guy and get the items just fine. My accounts are linked. Password and login information match. I am able to login to both accounts. I click on the skin, drag the item over – green/green – click the button – nothing happens. I still have the skin and the item looks as it did. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

I haven’t been able to transmute ANYTHING since the most recent patch. :s

zwolf.1695

I played GW 1 for seven years! I have EoTN. Didn’t think the patch would do this… possible that’s when it began.

Kira.8695

I played GW 1 for seven years! I have EoTN. Didn’t think the patch would do this… possible that’s when it began.

I’ve seen at least one other post about the xmute issue. There was the suggestion there to unequip the item you want to xmute and then try xmuting it, haven’t tried it myself yet though.

zwolf.1695

I’ve seen at least one other post about the xmute issue. There was the suggestion there to unequip the item you want to xmute and then try xmuting it, haven’t tried it myself yet though.

Thx for the suggestion – will try it ^^

zwolf.1695

It worked although I do not know if this is a fix – but thank you very much Kira.8695 ^^

Posted by: Rokstanski.9370

Rokstanski.9370

When ever I try to link my guild wars 1 and 2 accounts, it says I have successfully linked the accounts but then when I load into my characters on the game the hall of monuments stone isn’t present (I have tried creating new characters too). If I then sign out of my account on the guildwars site and sign back in the accounts show up as not being linked. Could someone please help me? This is extremely frustrating!

same problem
tried ten times

Posted by: Caz.8017

Caz.8017

Well I have a Problem with my account linking, my normal GW2 account is a diffrent account to my GW1. When I logged in as my Gw1 account, I coulnt change it to be the same as my GW2 account info. I need help plz. My gw1 account I cant link it to my account because my email is already in use. They seem to be 2 diffrent accounts.

(edited by Caz.8017)

Posted by: Zero.8712

Zero.8712

Okay when i go to look at the website i get this image. (attached)

i tired on all web browsers and it is still like this

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Wow…haven’t been on there in a very long time. They changed it, and although mine doesn’t look like yours, and I can see all my information, it is rather messed up. But this would not be the place to post about it, probably, but in the Forum and Website Support thread. Good luck. =)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I just checked War Fast and it was fine on my browser. Sometimes the site bugs out or something. If you try again after a while it works. I’ve seen it do that to mine also.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

If you continue to have this issue, please post in the forum that handles website bugs and issues. Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Oh wow, seems that bug still isn’t fixed. I first encountered this problem 2 weeks ago, the hom calculator has been messed up ever since.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: AuroraMariette.5720

AuroraMariette.5720

I cannot log into my GW1 account at all after linking my accounts..

Posted by: pugster.9378

pugster.9378

I cannot log into my GW1 account at all after linking my accounts..

You might want to check your login account name. For me, they changed my account name from <user>@ncsoft account to your email address. After they changed it, I had to change my email address to log into GW1 instead. I went thru the ncsoft account login page and had to check.

Posted by: Obscured.2634

Obscured.2634

Hi, sorry to push this old thread, but I have the same issue.
Had years ago a GW account. I have raised a ticket for this but got no response so far.

My problem is, due to spam attacks I have deleted my old email account which is connected to the GW1 account.
I am able to log in to GW1 without any issues. (Still can remember my password after 5 years )

Br
Obscured / Tom

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Once you link accounts, it will change the GW1 email address to whatever your GW2 email address is. You don’t have to be able to access the old email account.

Posted by: Obscured.2634

Obscured.2634

was able to link the accounts(or not?) after I bought GW2, but then it created a new account with a strange account name..