Hall of Monuments error again

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

So today I got the you haven’t earned your HOM rewards yadda yadda, and its removed all the AP’s etc with this,

I know the fix is to log into GW1 account then back into GW2 however I cannot log into GW1 it says Error 42, and according to my account here the Guild Wars is not active and it gives me the option to buy it,

Is there something wrong with the login servers for the games, as even GW2 took a little while to connect today.

Anyone else getting this problem again?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

Scholar Aiti takes 400 gems and ~50 anet points from my account – again.
That already happened when the HoM error occurred.

ANet?

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

My GWAMM title is gome too….wtf … Is this a joke?!?!
The whole HoM is empty…

Posted by: StormDragonZ.8517

StormDragonZ.8517

Just got told too that my God Walking Among Mere Mortals title was revoked and lost my collection out of it. Never seen this happen before, so I’m confused if I should be worried about my account.

Posted by: Robin Da Poor.6281

Robin Da Poor.6281

Same here……… and cant log in to GW1 to try and fix it like last time good going Anet

SharpShooters [SS] | Yak’s Bend |
Pro With A Bow| Mes Mer Relda |

Posted by: ThatDamnAussie.1583

ThatDamnAussie.1583

I had the same problem. I logged out and back in again and it seemed to be fixed. It seemed like the hom reward calculator server went down so it makes sense if anything linked to it also stopped working.

StormDragonZ.8517

Just signed back in, and it gave back everything. All should be well, for now…

Lyp Sao.1375

Just signed back in, and it gave back everything. All should be well, for now…

Yeah. Got my gems and points back.

Fight the queens

Lyp Sao.1375

Aaaand away. Points and gems again. Even after restart.

Not cool anet

Fight the queens

Posted by: DivineBuddha.1589

DivineBuddha.1589

Yep they must be doing something to the GW1 servers but from past issues seems all we can do is wait till gw1 is back online

Posted by: sparklybeast.4956

sparklybeast.4956

I also have the same problem. All Hall of Monuments achievements removed, and the corresponding achievement points. Unable to log into GW1 with the 042 error. Can’t enter my character name into the HoM Reward Calculator.

Please fix it, I wanna be GWAMM again.

Posted by: Xiaka.2814

Xiaka.2814

I also received this message, AP removed… “God walking amongst mere mortals” title removed… Let’s see what’s going on…

Posted by: Achieve.1853

Achieve.1853

Yeah, I’m having the exact same issue. My HoM rewards were revoked, the GW2 HoM Reward Calculator seems to be out of use, and I cannot log into GW1.

I am guessing that this has something to do with GW1, but I am unsure.

Edit: I was able to log into GW1 and successfully use the HoM Reward Calculator about 30 minutes after this post. I then re-started my GW2 client, and I had all of my achievements again!

(edited by Achieve.1853)

Posted by: DantonDamnark.1624

DantonDamnark.1624

(Also having the same issue)

As DivineBuddha mentioned, the GW1 servers are down and we will probably need to wait till they are back up and running.

Posted by: Necrotic.7820

Necrotic.7820

Just wanted to add that I too got that mail from Scholar Aiti and have lost access to all of my earned skins in HoM.

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

same as everyone else here.

GW2 takes around 30 seconds to log in
received the erroneous mail about GWAMM
all HoM rewards revoked
trying to log in to GW1 gives an error 042

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yeah just got this upon logging in 5 minutes ago. I had my GW 1 account for ten years logged in on it 10 days ago and got my bithrday gifts and even bought a full makeover on there so I can make my character actually look Canthan in GW 1, everything was still there. I can prove I have the achieves etc for HoM and GWAMM. Anet better fix this kitten!

I probably lost my 500 AP too!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

StormDragonZ.8517

Look at that, it did it again. Time to restart the game and see if it fixes itself.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Try logging out of GW2 then into GW1. Then log out of GW1 and back into GW2. This has worked for some int the past. Also some have reported changing characters might fix the problem as well.

The Burninator

DantonDamnark.1624

It would seem all the GW1 servers are down, as even the Hall of Monuments Points Calculator (https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/) is failing to load.

Posted by: noughtyous maximus.6028

noughtyous maximus.6028

Arenanet I am not pleased… I aerned that title. Do I seriously have to bother installing GW1 again for that title? I hope you will correct your mistake by yourself.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You’d think that they’d deactivate the process for taking away the HoM access now that the previous issue was resolved. It’s pretty annoying to have this happen every time GW1 servers have an issue.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I just got the mail as well and really don’t like the game making me feel like I cheated when I did nothing of the sort.

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

I cant even get logged into gw1. The janitor must have unplugged the gw1 servers again to run his floor waxer.

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Posted by: Dessan.9420

Dessan.9420

Same problem here, lost my Chosen title and points (not skins though). Happened when the game crashed. Will this thread be noticed or should I write a ticket?

DantonDamnark.1624

I was able to log into Guild Wars 1 again, then returned to Guild Wars 2. And now I have my stuff back.

Problem resolved.

Posted by: Spaced Invader.1823

Spaced Invader.1823

Same error here, but kinda relieved to see that I am not the only one.

Enjoying Guild Wars since closed alpha in early 2004.

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

Same problem here, lost my Chosen title and points (not skins though). Happened when the game crashed. Will this thread be noticed or should I write a ticket?

Write a ticket

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Posted by: Malagus.1034

Malagus.1034

Today after login after login I find out that I lost all achievement points in Hall of Monuments . I also can’t login to GW 1 Account.

So my questions are why are they missing and when the are back ?

Posted by: virus.4370

virus.4370

not cool.. i lost over 300 points on achievement..and i never had the God Walking Among Mere Mortal title….

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Just log back into GW1 and then back into GW2 again.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: TigCastig.1623

TigCastig.1623

This has also happened to me, i don’t know if it has something to do with the new 64-bit client or not but i’m not too happy about it. i would really love to have this fixed, i didn’t play guild wars 1 for 9 years to have my achievements stripped from me. Please address and fix this!!

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

EDIT- Ignored this, someone made a thread on it before my got posted up.

Ok so several minutes ago I log into the game and I got a email.

The email it pretty much identical to the one passed out when there was a bugged when some people got access to the “God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals” well the HoM points meaning my points got removed. The thing however is that my highest title was “Flameseeker” and it was my actual HoM point!

https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main&details=9%2FBAAgw%2F%2FfCoCQEAooHEAc8BU%2FeAAAAAaYsYQAAAAAA

I had a quick check on Guild Wars and my account is still intact however the HoM website was kinda rusty when I typed my name into it.

I’m just wondering if anyone else got their HoM points removed or do I have to do a support titcket on it as I would appricated if I got my titles and points back (I’m an achivement hunter).

(edited by Renkencen.6127)

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

I had this happen to me. I sent a, in-game report. I logged out and back in and the achievements were back. I’m still wondering what was going on.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

virus.4370

gws 1 isn’t on my new system..my old computer got shot 2 days ago..so i would have to re-install all of gws 1…-_-..so not cool

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

This bug happens from time to time. Try logging out of GW2 then into GW1. Then log out of GW1 and back into GW2. This has worked for some int the past. Also some have reported changing characters might fix the problem as well.

The Burninator

Posted by: Potti.6584

Potti.6584

I also got the bug today. Will log in my GW1 account now and hope that this will solve the problem

edit: I was able to log in gw1. Went to the hall of Monuments with my god char but didn’t work for me still don’t have my ap and titles back

(edited by Potti.6584)

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Got hit with this as well. Relogging worked, but Storm’s latest post has me…. a bit concerned.

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Ah bugger I just made a topic on this… Well good to know I’m not the only one affected by this.

I had a quick login into Gw and it seen my account is still intact however going onto the HoM was kinda laggy. Typing my name doesn’t seen to register on it at first. I had to demo mode to see it also intact.

https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main&details=9%2FBAAgw%2F%2FfCoCQEAooHEAc8BU%2FeAAAAAaYsYQAAAAAA

EDIT- Ok it’s back to normal now.

(edited by Renkencen.6127)

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

This bug happens from time to time. Try logging out of GW2 then into GW1. Then log out of GW1 and back into GW2. This has worked for some int the past. Also some have reported changing characters might fix the problem as well.

Yeah, I logged out and logged onto my main character and they were back.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Malagus.1034

Malagus.1034

I had this happen to me. I sent a, in-game report. I logged out and back in and the achievements were back. I’m still wondering what was going on.

It not working for me

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Also got hit by this. Relogging helped, but I’ve heard that at least one person got hit a second time, which has me concerned.

virus.4370

i re-logged in to gws 2 and it gave them back..but still thats still messed up. penalizing players for Anets screw up…even if they did give it to players who didn’t have it..i can understand removing the title..but chest and points..should stay, it’s not the players fault… it didn’t give me a chest, gems or title.. but those it did should get to keep the items and anet should just file the added stuff and points under a misc. tag in the system.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

gws 1 isn’t on my new system..my old computer got shot 2 days ago..so i would have to re-install all of gws 1…-_-..so not cool

I have to re-download too. However, it shouldn’t be too daunting, most of the downloading files on GW1 are of the area you’re about to load into, at a time. So shouldn’t take too long.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Manifibel.8420

Manifibel.8420

Same thing happened to me. Was about to write a ticket but tried to relog, it fixed it for now.

Dungeons being about how fast you clear then compared to being able to clear them makes me sad.

Posted by: Melody Darquess.2867

Melody Darquess.2867

Logged into GW1 and it fixed the issue for me.

However golem LOR-748 better have a good head start – you don’t make that kind of mistake, upsetting the Commander of the Pact, destroyer of Zhaitan and Mordremoth without consequences. Now where did I put that magnet and can opener?

Lyp Sao.1375

i re-logged in to gws 2 and it gave them back..but still thats still messed up. penalizing players for Anets screw up…even if they did give it to players who didn’t have it..i can understand removing the title..but chest and points..should stay, it’s not the players fault… it didn’t give me a chest, gems or title.. but those it did should get to keep the items and anet should just file the added stuff and points under a misc. tag in the system.

they removed title, gems and points. that was ok. but now it is removed twice.

Fight the queens

virus.4370

they removed title, gems and points. that was ok. but now it is removed twice.

they shouldn’t of penalized you for their mistake. to me it’s like you buying a burger at the drive thru at burger king and you give them a credit card to pay for it..they give you the wrong meal..you pull off and later that month find out they change to price of your meal to match their screw up..for a meal you didn’t order..not cool

Posted by: Zicarous.2134

Zicarous.2134

got my stuff back thought been hacked again :/ really should post something if its gone down..

Posted by: sparklybeast.4956

sparklybeast.4956

Entered my name in the HoM reward calculator (don’t have access to GW1 anymore) and then restarted the GW2 client and everything’s back – hurrah!