Hardware Question

Hardware Question

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Chemor.7240

Chemor.7240

Q:

I am simply wondering if anybody knows if the Mac Mini is capable of running the game?

First and foremost, I apologize if this has already been covered, but my Searchkittenis weak. If it has, a link to the pre-existing post will satisfy my searchings.

I am not very hardware savvy when it comes to comparing numbers and terms, so have no real clue if the built in graphics ‘card’ of the Mac Mini can support GW2. My MacBook Pro died and I am searching for a replacement that is capable of running the game and the Mini meets my budget requirements.

(edited by Chemor.7240)

Hardware Question

Posted by: Tick Tock.9602

Tick Tock.9602

A:

Yes, the newer ones will run it at a decent resolution with mostly low settings it looks like.

Hardware Question

Posted by: Chemor.7240

Chemor.7240

Yes, the newer ones will run it at a decent resolution with mostly low settings it looks like.

Wonderful, thank you very much.

Hardware Question

Posted by: Luis Machado.4256

Luis Machado.4256

Technical Support

Hey Chemor,

From what we’ve seen the Mac Mini’s from Mid -2011 and beyond should be capable of running the game. As far as graphics, the following or better should run the game:

NVIDIA® GeForce® 320M
ATI Radeon™ HD 6630M
Intel HD 3000

Hardware Question

Posted by: Louiziana.2180

Louiziana.2180

I am simply wondering if anybody knows if the Mac Mini is capable of running the game?

First and foremost, I apologize if this has already been covered, but my Searchkittenis weak. If it has, a link to the pre-existing post will satisfy my searchings.

I am not very hardware savvy when it comes to comparing numbers and terms, so have no real clue if the built in graphics ‘card’ of the Mac Mini can support GW2. My MacBook Pro died and I am searching for a replacement that is capable of running the game and the Mini meets my budget requirements.

i am running on a mid 2011 model, i5, and it runs pretty nice. the only FEW RARE issues are mainly from the cider port, not really the mac mini specs.

keep in mind, the mac minis have gotten better over the years except with graphics cards. my graphics card is better than the newer minis so do a lil research, you may be able to get an older mini and save a few bucks. and run more smoothly

youtube.com/jacobizreal