Help, I keep having flickering black screen

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: CrabpeopleCrabpeople.3816

CrabpeopleCrabpeople.3816

Q:

So um hi, first post on here. I’m hoping to find some assistance.

So I just got a new PC, with Win10, i download the game and for some reason it just flickers between game screen, black screen, and my desktop screen. It just goes in, goes out. My mouse is still there, and the music, the sound is also there. At one point, some of the icons and images stop displaying properly. With the icons like character slots, vistas, waypoint etc just displaying a bunch of incorrect colors, blue, green. At one point my character skin starts displaying incorrect colors too.

Now I’ve never had this issue before, I’ve been playing on my old laptop no problem, but now it’s just unplayable, at one point the game even crashed, made it quite frustrating. I hope someone here can help me out and thank you in advance.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

A:

So I just got a new PC, with Win10

Pre-installed? First step, reformat and install Windows 10 to remove all the junk.

Clean install your graphics drivers.

For Windows 10, disable the Xbox app / DVR and if you’re NVidia, GeForce Experience’s sharing/shadowplay/overlay features.

64-bit? Rename Gw-64.exe to Gw2.exe.

Try running in windowed mode (not fullscreen), then full screen (not windowed)

You could have a bad GPU or it could be seated incorrectly.

Posted by: CrabpeopleCrabpeople.3816

CrabpeopleCrabpeople.3816

So I just got a new PC, with Win10

Pre-installed? First step, reformat and install Windows 10 to remove all the junk.

Clean install your graphics drivers.

For Windows 10, disable the Xbox app / DVR and if you’re NVidia, GeForce Experience’s sharing/shadowplay/overlay features.

64-bit? Rename Gw-64.exe to Gw2.exe.

Try running in windowed mode (not fullscreen), then full screen (not windowed)

You could have a bad GPU or it could be seated incorrectly.

okay, so this is what happened, I did what you said, rename the exe file, it somehow change my resolution to a lower level. I tried windowed mode like you said and I discovered that for some reason the problem only occurs when the highest resolution option is selected. So I messed around with the resolution a bit and finally chose the fullscreen windowed and everything was playable again, it all look beautiful again, no more black screens.

anyway, sorry for rambling, what I wanted to say is thanks a bunch for the answer.