Help a player trying to retrieve his account?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Deathful Dante.1239

Deathful Dante.1239

A friend of mine ( HDraco.5782 ) has been away from the game for a year and some. He wants to come back now, but his account is banned/blocked for some reason. He has tried to come back to the game before but gave up because he never got any answer from the multiple times he tried to contact support. So that’s why I am posting here seeking help for him since I don’t think he can use the forum with a banned account…

Can anyone help?

I am guessing his account has been stolen while he was inactive and then used for some forbidden kind of thing…

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Your friend needs to submit one ticket to support. If he submitted multiple tickets to support recently he needs to close the duplicate tickets. Duplicate tickets significantly slow response time as they can place their support request at the back of the queue. If your friend has not received a response from support after 72 hours ( 3 days) he can post his ticket number for review in the sticky thread located at the top of this forum. If he can not post in the tickets for review thread due to ban you can post his ticket number for him with a brief explanation of the problem.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Your friend’s email account may also be compromised, and the usurper(s) confiscate and remove the email containing the CS Team’s response and close the ticket.

Your friend should change the password on his account(s), and/or contact the CS Team from a new email account.

Your friend can read all about security measures either in the FAQ Sticky above, or in the Knowledge Base accessed via the ‘Support’ link above/below.

Good luck.

Deathful Dante.1239

Thanks for your responses!

He did not make more than one ticket. But he did make a ticket and then also tried on email. This was a long time ago when he tried coming back to the game the other time. Neither were answered, both were like about a year ago. This time he gave up his hopes of retrieving his account, which is sad since he had multiple 80s and world completion.

It seems to me he can’t see his support ticket anymore because when I asked him for it (so I could post in the over 3 days unanswered thread) he showed me a screen saying “Your guild wars 2 account has been suspended for an account issue. This action is permanent”. Is it really permanent? =(

To make matters worse, he told me today he no longer has the email he used for the GW1 and GW2 accounts because it was one email provider who recently chose to start charging a monthly subscription for its email service. Since he refused to pay, he is locked out of it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Then, your friend needs to contact the CS Team using a different email account; one he has access to. He can explain in this new ticket why he is using a different email, and that he is unable to access any previous responses.

Good luck.

Deathful Dante.1239

Thanks. CS Team?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Thanks. CS Team?

Send a support ticket.

The Burninator