Help please

Help please

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kaze.1508

Kaze.1508

Why did my account blocked Majiik.9278 ? I’m not violate the rules!! I would be very happy if this situation is explained.

Help please

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

To get that answer you will need to contact support by making a ticket.
Support-top of page. Submit a Request-top of page.

Help please

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Nobody here has that info. Open a Customer Support ticket (but I doubt they are going to go into details about the reasons for a ban). The message when you attempt log in should give you some indication of why you were banned and the severity of the ban (temporary or perma-ban).

SERVICES (top right of page) > SUPPORT > Submit a Ticket (top right of SUPPORT page).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Help please

Kaze.1508

That’s what I did yesterday, ticket numer 834824. No answer :-(

Help please

Kaze.1508

Nobody here has that info. Open a Customer Support ticket (but I doubt they are going to go into details about the reasons for a ban). The message when you attempt log in should give you some indication of why you were banned and the severity of the ban (temporary or perma-ban).

SERVICES (top right of page) > SUPPORT > Submit a Ticket (top right of SUPPORT page).

The text says botting, unattended play, macros or similar behaviour. Nothing that I’ve done!!

Help please

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

All you can do is appeal. And you may have to wait 3 days before you get a response besides the automatic reply from submitting the ticket. And if you still haven’t heard, then post your ticket in the older than 3-day ticket thread.

Note that going AFK with a ranger with it’s pet out near a spawn location can be considered as unattended play.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Help please

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

One day is a short time. They get thousands of tickets a day. Each new one goes to the bottom of the pile then works it’s way up to the top, where someone reads it and starts working on it. Typically most people get a first response from a person within 24 hours and are fully resolved by 3 days. You just need to wait a bit longer.

Help please

Kaze.1508

Note that going AFK with a ranger with it’s pet out near a spawn location can be considered as unattended play.

Also not.

Help please

Behellagh.1468

Also not.

Funny, I remember reading a reply from Gail that said that was the cause for one ban.

RIP City of Heroes

Help please

Kaze.1508

I did not break the rules. ArenaNet accused me falsely . :-(

Help please

Behellagh.1468

They don’t need to accuse you, they have data showing something funky going on with your account. It’s like stop light cams.

RIP City of Heroes

Help please

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Also not.

Funny, I remember reading a reply from Gail that said that was the cause for one ban.

I do not recall ever having said such a thing. I have made many posts about unattended play, and about the use of third-party programs, but I cannot see myself making such a statement and do not believe I have addressed this situation at any time. If you can find the exact post, I would be extremely grateful.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Help please

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

One day is a short time. They get thousands of tickets a day. Each new one goes to the bottom of the pile then works it’s way up to the top, where someone reads it and starts working on it. Typically most people get a first response from a person within 24 hours and are fully resolved by 3 days. You just need to wait a bit longer.

This is correct. If you have not been helped in three full days, you may post in the sticky “Tickets for Review” thread.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Help please

Behellagh.1468

Also not.

I do not recall ever having said such a thing. I have made many posts about unattended play, and about the use of third-party programs, but I cannot see myself making such a statement and do not believe I have not addressed this situation at any time. If you can find the exact post, I would be extremely grateful.

Apologies, my mistake.

RIP City of Heroes

Help please

Kaze.1508

They don’t need to accuse you, they have data showing something funky going on with your account. It’s like stop light cams.

But he accused. But did not say what specifically. It’s too bad. Is not that illegal?

Help please

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

But he accused. But did not say what specifically. It’s too bad. Is not that illegal?

There is no obligation on the part of ArenaNet to give “proof” of misbehavior. The game logs are confidential, and they will be reviewed privately for possible error. That is why we allow someone to file an appeal, but once the case has been reviewed, it’s closed. We do not entertain continued “But I didn’t do it!” claims when, in fact, in the vast majority of cases someone did do it, and that’s why the account was closed.

We’re reasonable about appeals, and we are always willing to admit if we make an error. The percentage of those is very, very small when compared to the number of accounts that are closed for cause: cheating, exploiting, or, most of all, account theft and real-money trading.

If someone needs help, they are permitted to make a single request, or have someone make a single request in the Tickets for Review thread. That is the extent of one’s forum privileges. Not making separate appeal threads. Not posting repeatedly. Not having multiple people post on one’s behalf. Not putting up a petition for someone else and soliciting additional posts in protest of a clock.

Ultimately, and again, in most cases the appeal in that thread results in nothing more than verification that the action taken was indeed correct.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Help please

Previous

Gaile Gray

I want to point out this ticket is less than 30 hours old. Please give it time.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet