Help someone is trying to hack my acc !!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aleksej.7453

Aleksej.7453

I loged in today and got a message in my mail which says : From : Godfathera
Account will be shutdown
We are sorry to infrom you that your login account Aleksej.7453 will be shut down or partialy limited due to currency transaction or abnormal login. If you want to remove this restrictions , please click the following link to validate : [redacted]
Please keep in mind that guild wars 2 is a global game with hundread of thousand of players. This means that standards of behaviour must be upheld
GM Godfathera
And below yellow letters say : Note : this message was sent by another player. It was not sent by guild wars 2 team…

Now being a fast idiot my self i read this message was sent by guild wars 2 team and rushed to the link to see whats up. Now i left my acc info there and left the key i used to create gw2 acc… I realized it was a phishig site when my eset 32 poped up saying that …. Now im wondering can they do something with my acc key . I would be really sorry if they hacked my acc cause its linked to gw1 that i played almost 6 years and so on…. Gw2 team please help!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You should change your account password right away. Next, follow the support link at the top of the page then the submit a request link on the top right of that page. You should inform support you entered your information on a phishing page so they can help secure your account. You will want to change your current email password as well and scan your computer for virus/malware.

The Burninator

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

You did this to yourself there have been warning all over the forums about this and that Anet will never contact you with in game mail about account issues. So contact support right now submit a ticket and hope and pray you don’t lose everything at least get Anet to lock you account till they can get it sorted out for you. This may take some time to get it straightend out so be patient they are have to deal with a heavy old in support tickets over last weekend sale.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

As the others said, change your password(s) and contact support.

Also you may want to remove that link from your post or at least make it so people can’t accidentally click on it (just to be on the safe side).

(edited by NathanH.1465)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Wow….you gave them your account key?

I hate to sound negative, but that’s likely the WORST thing that can happen. I have no clue if Anet can cancel and replace an Account Key, but that’s what you need to ask.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

i also got the same email as you can see on the attachment fortunately i didn’t click on any link at all nor did i put any of my account detail on any site ,,,, should i still change my password?

Attachments:

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

i just reset my password and deleted that mail ,,,,, and send a report to anet

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

You did this to yourself there have been warning all over the forums about this and that Anet will never contact you with in game mail about account issues.

Sadly not everyone who plays Guild Wars 2 use the forums and thus, doesn’t see the warnings about such things. This is why I suggested not too long ago for an in-game warning video similar to a Renowned Heart NPC should be done in-game for a one-time announcement to make sure as many players as possible get the message on this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-In-Game-Phishing-Warning

:)

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Feirlista Xv.1425

You did this to yourself there have been warning all over the forums about this and that Anet will never contact you with in game mail about account issues.

Sadly not everyone who plays Guild Wars 2 use the forums and thus, doesn’t see the warnings about such things. This is why I suggested not too long ago for an in-game warning video similar to a Renowned Heart NPC should be done in-game for a one-time announcement to make sure as many players as possible get the message on this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-In-Game-Phishing-Warning

:)

Yes but it clearly states at the bottom of these emails that it’s not from Anet, that should give them the first clue.

Feirlista Xv.1425

As fare as the need to change your password, the sender of these email. Don’t have access to your account they are picking you at random probably from some automated modded client. Just report and delete as long as you have not followed the instruction in the email and given them any account info you are safe changing any log in credentials will not stop this. What the scammer is hoping for is that you over react not notice that the email was not sent by Anet and respond to it and give them your account info. What’s sad is how many accounts get hact this way and the owners don’t know what to do to get there account back I wonder if there is more Anet can do like make the warning text bigger and maybe flashing add filters to the email system that blocks sending email. With key word like “account will be shut down or closed” or any combination with the same meaning putting a big warning message in the game start up screen, that sort of thing.

Posted by: insanelyapple.2870

insanelyapple.2870

I’ve got same message few minutes ago with address leading to same domain as Oogo.4083 had
[img]http://i.imgur.com/tnE643A.jpg[/img]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’ve got same message few minutes ago with address leading to same domain as Oogo.4083 had http://i.imgur.com/tnE643A.jpg

Report using the report button in the mail then delete the message. There is no reason to post this here. It is a well known scam.

The Burninator

Feirlista Xv.1425

Just report it and delete, your done.