High Ping In Every Map

High Ping In Every Map

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: zolcor.2601

zolcor.2601

I’ve been getting some high ping lately for 2 days straight. Is it just me or are others experiencing the same thing?

High Ping In Every Map

Posted by: deadrage.8419

deadrage.8419

It’s been about a week for me. I constantly get disconnected from GW2. I ran the -diag switch on the exe shortcut and it shows that I have 100% packet loss from
7 * ae-3-80.edge7.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.139]
8 ae-3-80.edge7.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.139]
9 206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.86]. Unfortunately, I don’t know what to do with this info.

High Ping In Every Map

Posted by: Godric.3619

Godric.3619

It seems that all of the people experience high ping and latency issues, when we’ve never experienced them before, have no choice but to wait for a fix that might never come.

High Ping In Every Map

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

It’s not just you.. game as been almost unplayable for me.. especially in wvw. Ping spikes of around 2,700 regularly when engaging in any kind of combat.

High Ping In Every Map

Posted by: DrOshawott.5198

DrOshawott.5198

I’ve had this problem for a few days now too. My ping isn’t even high usually, but the latency and my low ping definitely do not add up. Glad to hear it’s not just me..

High Ping In Every Map

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Do either of you folks use ASUS computers? Their Gamefirst III utility is the cause of terrible latency. Kill it or even uninstall it.

High Ping In Every Map

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

No. In WvW many many people are reporting this issue, even people who live right next to the servers in EU. It seems to have arrived with the reversion to the Alpine BL’s OR the server linking that is in Beta for changing populations. Perhaps the maps just can’t handle the full zone blobs that have resulted.

It’s probably difficult to isolate the issue due to 2 large changes being made so close to each other. But its a real and ongoing issue, and needs to be investigated/ evaluated quickly.

High Ping In Every Map

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

Likewise, i moved house – got a new isp, perfect for a few days the when they brought back alpine, almost every gamemode has been nigh unplayable for me.

At first i thought it was because of the horrific equipment sky provide so i went out and got some epic network kit (£140 well spent, its all so pretty <3) but i still spike from ping:30 all the way up to 4,750… which is NOT right at all – and thats standing in LA, followed by a d/c

I now play on a wired connection, everything else is fine – except GW2… the one game i want to freaking play…

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

High Ping In Every Map

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It’s probably your ISP. Regardless you need proof. Download and run ping plotter. You are looking for packet loss and latency problems at hops. The first hop with major issues is your problem. If it’s at nearly the very end its Anet. In that case you open a support ticket and provide that data so they can address it. But 95% of the one it’s not Anet.

High Ping In Every Map

Posted by: Shoarmapapa.6480

Shoarmapapa.6480

Same problem here.

High ping since a few days, also in Lions Arch or Fractals of the Mists.

Everything else runs like a charm, tested World of Warcraft, EU and NA server. Teamspeak, Downloads, Speedtest, Skype.

All run just fine, except for Guildwars 2.

High Ping In Every Map

Shoarmapapa.6480

I just tested several maps.

Eternal Battlegrounds (Far Shiverpeaks server) = 300+ average ping.
Lions Arch = 400+ average
Fractals lobby = 27 average

Came out of Fractals lobby back into LA with IP 206.127.146.126:0 and ping is still under 30.
LA ip 206.127.159.153:0 ping average 159 and rising.

(edited by Shoarmapapa.6480)

High Ping In Every Map

Posted by: Maximus.8376

Maximus.8376

Yeah, every game/software company has their servers at the exact same place in the world so it must be gw2….

Get ping plotter and give us some real info instead of saying stuff that has no relevance.

High Ping In Every Map

Shoarmapapa.6480

Half my guild has the same issues, I asked in WvW, people with lots of issues.
People in LA with lots of issues.

Must be my ISP because everyone in gw2 has their ISP in the exact same place as me……

High Ping In Every Map

Shoarmapapa.6480

Just tried to re-create the issue to make a pingplotter screen but now I have a avg ping of 19 everywhere,

High Ping In Every Map

Andraus.3874

Just tried to re-create the issue to make a pingplotter screen but now I have a avg ping of 19 everywhere,

Lots of ISP’s run through the same nodes. It’s one of those nodes giving people issues. Almost always level3 in Texas or Telianet

High Ping In Every Map

Shoarmapapa.6480

Im in Europe, we dont have a texas.

High Ping In Every Map

Andraus.3874

Im in Europe, we dont have a texas.

Then level3 in Frankfurt is a common node with EU with issues. The concept still applies regardless of where it actually is.

High Ping In Every Map

Posted by: DrOshawott.5198

DrOshawott.5198

Do either of you folks use ASUS computers? Their Gamefirst III utility is the cause of terrible latency. Kill it or even uninstall it.

That actually stopped basically all the latency. You’re a god!

High Ping In Every Map

Shoarmapapa.6480

And I have noticed that its only the maps that have a high volume of players on it.

Eternal Battlegrounds, Lions Arch etc.

High Ping In Every Map

Shoarmapapa.6480

What also caught my eye is.

I went Lions Arch – Lag.
Eternal Battlegrounds – Lag
Other border with no players on it – No lag.

Yesterday I did Auric Basin events – no lag.
When all the players killed the octovine and thus all the players where in the same area – Major Lag.

So ive been looking into this.
And I dont have ANY lag problems UNLESS there is a large concentration of players on a relatively small map such as EBG or LA.