[HoT Upgrade] Free Character Slot

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Weren’t Veteran players who upgraded to HoT supposed to get a free character slot? I haven’t got mine yet.

I’ve already sent a ticket last week and the reply was wait ‘til Friday. Yes I know it’s Friday tomorrow, the second Friday since they told me to wait.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

To be eligible for the free slot, your account had to be created prior to January 23 and you had had to apply a HoT serial key to your account prior to launch. If you met those requirements, you’ll need to contact support.

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

To be eligible for the free slot, your account had to be created prior to January 23 and you had had to apply a HoT serial key to your account prior to launch. If you met those requirements, you’ll need to contact support.

Oh…

I started playing at GW2 launch but I only bought the HoT upgrade AFTER the release. I definitely included that in my ticket but the reply was to wait until Friday, October 30, so I thought I was eligible. kitten , so new players can buy the game for $40 while Vets who didn’t buy before HoT launch pay double (core + expansion) and only get an ugly skin?

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Where are new players getting it for $40? They pay $50 and don’t get a free slot.

If you prepurchased and are a veteran player , you are supposed to get an extra slot. It’s as simple as that , no need to overcomplicate things.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

New players haven’t gotten to play the game for three years. so they’re not paying any less than you are for the HoT expansion. The base game is free, so technically speaking, everyone new player or veteran already has the core game. Everyone pays the same amount for the expansion.

If you did not pre-purchase then no you do not get a free character slot (unless you buy one of the versions that comes with a character slot).