HoT refund of core game for new players?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: apoidea.7095

apoidea.7095

Hi,

According to the HoT Pre-Purchase Community Address, newer players who recently purchased the core game and also prepurchased HoT would receive an automatic refund for the core game while keeping “all [] current account progress [] intact” (source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/ ).

Unfortunately, I still have not received my refund although I purchased quite a while ago and the HoT FAQ states that the refunding period ends “the first week of August” (source: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/94582027-Heart-of-Thorns-Pre-Purchase-FAQ ).

As such, I decided to take action and submit a request to the GM’s. I made the situation clear in my ticket and thought the problem would be resolved soon afterwards, however, I received an email back from a GM implying that giving me a refund for the core game will permanently disable my account. I still would like the refund I was promised, but I don’t want to lose my account. What should I do?

apoidea.7095

My ticket to the GM:

Hello,
I purchased the Deluxe core Guild Wars 2 game on March 8, 2015. Following that, I also purchased the Heart of Thorns Expansion pre-order on July 16, 2015.
According to the recent community address from the marketing team at ArenaNet, I should have received a refund for the core game since I purchased the core game between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 while also pre-ordering the Heart of Thorns expansion prior to July 31, 2015.
The core game serial code was bought with my PayPal at XXXXXXXXX@live.com and activated using my email: XXXXXXXX@gmail.com. I would like the refund to be made back to my PayPal, which was used to purchase the game originally.

apoidea.7095

The reply I received:

Hello Celeste,

Thanks for contacting us.

We can look into refunding your Guild Wars 2 purchase. Please note that the code that you are requesting a refund will be permanently disabled. If you registered the code, all features, including game access, will be removed. If you haven’t used the code, the code cannot be registered.

If you understand and agree to the terms of the refund stated above, please reply with the following information below so that we may begin the refund process:

Your Guild Wars 2 purchase Order Number provided in the receipt of the purchase(s)
The e-mail address you used when making the purchase
If a credit/debit card was used: the last four digits (only the last four, please) of the card
If PayPal® was used: the invoice ID from your PayPal® payment history
If online banking was used, please make sure that you are contacting us from the e-mail address used to make the purchase
Your billing address including your zip code or postal code
Note: Paysafecard purchases cannot be refunded under any circumstances. If your game purchase was not made from our website, please contact the retailer you purchased the game from to inquire of a refund. It is not possible for us to refund a purchase made from another retailer.

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

GM XXXXX
Guild Wars 2 Support Team

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Nobody here can help you resolve this. You’ll need to continue discussing it with support. If you have a question about their decision or policy, you’ll need to ask them.

apoidea.7095

Nobody here can help you resolve this. You’ll need to continue discussing it with support. If you have a question about their decision or policy, you’ll need to ask them.

Sorry I just didnt know which subforum to put this thread in and it seems the tickets aren’t read very thoroughly so should I send another one?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

To confirm the obvious, your original purchase was through buy.guildwars2.com right? And you haven’t received an email saying your refund was being processed?

Continue talking with support. Alternatively, go straight to the second step and post you ticket number in the following thread to get a second look:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-3-days-older-1

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Never send another ticket, ever. Just talk with support on the ticket you currently have. Sending another ticket puts you in the back of the queue.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

When you quoted from the News Blog, you (inadvertently or not) left out this crucial bit of information:

For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015.

It looks like you might have purchased your core game somewhere other than at buy.guildwars2.com.

If so, ArenaNet will not refund your game account purchase and keep your progress. If you want a refund, it looks like they will accommodate you, but you would not qualify for the special refund. Purchase refunds from anywhere other than buy.guildwars2.com would need to be addressed with the retailer used.

If you did, in fact, purchase the core game from ArenaNet’s website, then you need only update your ticket to show proof of doing so. I’m sure the CS Team would be happy to assist you. =)

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)