Horrible FPS drop since last patch (Nov. 10)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: alphaforce.4853

alphaforce.4853

I was usually around a constant 20-25 fps but since the last patch, I have dropped quite significantly down to 4-8 fps. The first 15-25 min plays fine with my normal fps, but afterwards starts dropping and becomes unplayable. Lowered the graphics settings to pretty much lowest-low and no difference (as shown by image). At this time, I was at the Silverwastes.
I found the Ram and CPU usage to be normal (cpu: 60-80% and RAM usage just under 2.5gb)
Quit the game but wouldn’t turn off (or at least it was taking forever to close… waited a min until I ended process)

Something is not right.

Attachments:

(edited by alphaforce.4853)

Posted by: Titanoffear.9546

Titanoffear.9546

Yeah I’ve had horrible FPS drops or Spikes I should say since yesterday. The only change that has occurred on my end was an update to Mozilla. Other than that, I haven’t made any changes.

It was fine right after the LS but something recent has prompted what feels like constant lag!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Had something like that once after i played in Silverwaste for a while. I wanted to
switch my character, there i noticed that the background was totally black, then
i logged in to Hoelbrak and had horrible FPS.
Tryed to close the game, but it didn’t shut down so after a while i terminated it
via Taskmanager. After restart all was normal again.

That was however at the 4th ot 5th i think.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Altair.5842

Altair.5842

I was usually around a constant 20-25 fps but since the last patch, I have dropped quite significantly down to 4-8 fps. The first 15-25 min plays fine with my normal fps, but afterwards starts dropping and becomes unplayable. Lowered the graphics settings to pretty much lowest-low and no difference (as shown by image). At this time, I was at the Silverwastes.
I found the Ram and CPU usage to be normal (cpu: 60-80% and RAM usage just under 2.5gb)
Quit the game but wouldn’t turn off (or at least it was taking forever to close… waited a min until I ended process)

Something is not right.

Your Render Sampling is “Supersample”. Try reducing it to “Native”. That should help with increase in FPS

Posted by: darknessgp.7162

darknessgp.7162

I’m bumping this as well. Terrible performance, basically making the game unplayable. One day it was fine, then patched and now terrible performance. Only difference was the patch. I’ve tried updating my drivers, no change. All my other games play just like they always have, it’s just GW2. Mine has been a consistent drop. 7-15 when standing still, 1-2 when trying to battle even in sparsely populated areas.

Also, the loader performs terribly too when updating. Notice that it uses 15-25% CPU while updating and the windows desktop manager process uses 30-40% while the loader is just running… I’m guessing this is related.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Something is not right.

well, you are using the frame limiter, and you have high res textures enabled. BOTH of those options cause issues with the game.

but, down load GPU-Z and with GW2 running look at the Link speed section of the summary page. You should see 16x @16x v3 or v2, if its 1x you have PCIE link speed issues.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

“Also, the loader performs terribly too when updating. Notice that it uses 15-25% CPU while updating and the windows desktop manager process uses 30-40% while the loader is just running… I’m guessing this is related.”

Why do so many people get hung up on CPU usage as a means to determine if something is running correctly?

It’s an inaccurate way of judging program operation. BTW, your CPU usage is normal for what that program is doing. It doesn’t need to run at 100% in order to download and write some files.

Posted by: Miracle.1365

Miracle.1365

I’m having this problem too… since the las patch. I can play others games like Bf4 perfect…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Extremely-Low-FPS-since-last-patch/first#post4597682

Miracle.1365

There’s something wrong in the last patch that affect just a few players. I dunno if this has to do with AMD Graphics or something, but I have a RADEON HD 68xx. And my CPU is a Phenom II x6 1075T

(edited by Miracle.1365)

Posted by: Ikaros.5730

Ikaros.5730

Iv noticed here lately that when ever I go to silver waste I lag horribly, but only there.

Posted by: KogaPhantom.1846

KogaPhantom.1846

my fps kinda jumps around anywhere from 62 to 112 fps and i am using Nvidia Geforce Experience set to optimal settings only thing thats not optimized is my screen resolution i use 1280×1024....That screen shot was taken while i was in Divinity’s Reach

Windows 7 64bit
Asrock 970 Extreme 4 Motherboard
Amd FX 6350
8gb ram Corsair Vengence 1600 mhz
Evga Geforce gtx 750 ti ftw w/acx cooler 2GB card
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 600W Bronze

Attachments:

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

Not sure if it’ll help, but I recommend trying to check/repair the client (add -image to the shortcut).

Miracle.1365

Not sure if it’ll help, but I recommend trying to check/repair the client (add -image to the shortcut).

I have done this , and the -repair thing. I have reinstalled the game completly, reinstalled GPU drivers, and the problem is still here….

Posted by: Tux.9567

Tux.9567

I have done this , and the -repair thing. I have reinstalled the game completly, reinstalled GPU drivers, and the problem is still here….

Trying the -repair function now. Thanks for the suggestion. I have had this problem for about a week and a half. All other games on my system run as normal but in gw2 I get under 16fps at all times down from 35-45 about a week and a half ago. I get 5fps or lower in cities.

Have played gw2 for about 2 years so I know what my machine is capable of.

Miracle.1365

Trying the -repair function now. Thanks for the suggestion. I have had this problem for about a week and a half. All other games on my system run as normal but in gw2 I get under 16fps at all times down from 35-45 about a week and a half ago. I get 5fps or lower in cities.

Have played gw2 for about 2 years so I know what my machine is capable of.

--------* SOLVED!!! --------*

This solved the problem for me.

Try to put the GraphicCard in another slot in the motherboard. If you don’t have one more slot (PCI Express 2.0 x16) with the same speed, just try to reseat the GPU in the same slot.