Horrible lag since last server maintenance

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zevanth.8526

Zevanth.8526

Ever since the last server maintenance i got horrible lag. Got about 400-700 ping at WvW, 300-450 at PvE. Before patch it was about 260-280 at PvE, 280-320 at WvW. Does anyone else experiencing it too? Already testing with other games at NA server too and it running fine so i assume it is not from my ISP but from gw2 server. Sorry for my terrible english, I am a SEA player. Thanks!
Edit: Forgot to mention the latency at PvE, sorry!

(edited by Zevanth.8526)

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Server side lag seems to have gone down with the maintenance. Our Tequatl timers are no longer lagging.

Coming from SEA; round trip latency of 250-350ms would be considered best case scenario. You just cannot make light travel any faster. However, you don’t have a direct fiber line, so you can easily add on quiet a bit more latency.

My normal Tequatl killing group has a player from India and his ping is still under 350 and he hasn’t had any further lag.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Posted by: Devanuze.8734

Devanuze.8734

Ever since the last server maintenance i got horrible lag. Got about 400-700 ping at WvW, 300-450 at PvE. Before patch it was about 260-280 at PvE, 280-320 at WvW. Does anyone else experiencing it too? Already testing with other games at NA server too and it running fine so i assume it is not from my ISP but from gw2 server. Sorry for my terrible english, I am a SEA player. Thanks!
Edit: Forgot to mention the latency at PvE, sorry!

Experiencing exactly the same in WvW, EU player connecting to NA servers in wvw. Before the maintenance absolutely fine.

This seems to crop up occasionally when Anet updates certain aspects (or whatever they do). For me this is the 4/5th time this has come up but they usually fix something but it can takes a week or so usually <.<

Moose Mickelson. Golfing at its finest

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I’m having major problems – WvW is unplayable.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

I’m having major problems – WvW is unplayable.

Same here, but also for every big open world content that has big groups of players come together.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

When was the last maintenance? I’ve started having insane lag too some days ago. PC keeps saying I have around 250-350 ping to the GW servers whilst other games are quite fine.

I am EU connecting to US servers as well.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Zevanth.8526

Zevanth.8526

When was the last maintenance? I’ve started having insane lag too some days ago. PC keeps saying I have around 250-350 ping to the GW servers whilst other games are quite fine.

Last maintenance was Tuesday last week. Well i hope this week update would resolve this problem to all of us.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

same here bro, EU on BlackGate(NA) and the lagg is worse now ;_;

disconnects are more frequent, skill lagg happens way too often and just in general rubberbanding is worse than before…

Are you Shpongled?