How can i get more then 15 fps?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: funkyfrosty.1784

funkyfrosty.1784

Hello I am only able to get around 15 fps with the lowest possible settings. I believe I need to get a new processor but i’m not really that sure. ive run this http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/guild-wars-2/11297?p=a and the only thing it says is I need to replace is my processor. if this is correct then would upgrading to one of the minimum requirement amd processors fix the problem?

Posted by: zerk.9701

zerk.9701

Hello I am only able to get around 15 fps with the lowest possible settings. I believe I need to get a new processor but i’m not really that sure. ive run this http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/guild-wars-2/11297?p=a and the only thing it says is I need to replace is my processor. if this is correct then would upgrading to one of the minimum requirement amd processors fix the problem?

It would help if you would add your PC information or a link to your exact PC.

Posted by: Deathjester.9841

Deathjester.9841

In some rare cases a cpu upgrade might be worth it. Most of the time? You are better off saving for a new machine. About the only OLD machine capable of decent FPS (and far from great) is a highly OC intel Duo Core. My e8400 at 3.8 ghz gets perfect fps in everything except WvW and even that is playable and I had to streamline Win 7 and take off aero and everything running in the background to get playable WvW performance.

There are a few older AMD’s that were decent for gaming, that could be overclocked and had decent onboard cache. The problem? You have to A)have a motherboard that can support it (and the overclock), find the chip for a cheap price.

Also the system requirements on almost all games are a joke. It means the game will run, it doesn’t mean it will run well.

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

The “minimum system requirements” that are published (for most games, including this one) is really only enough to run the program and could not be considered “playable”.

The “recommended system requirements” ought to really be considered the minimum needed to “play” the game.

Some games are good and others are really really really good but I would not buy hardware just to play ONE game.

Consider the other games you play or are planning to play in the future when thinking about hardware purchases.

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Since GW2 has no offical recommended system requirs (for good reason ..they r high :P ) ur best bet if ur contenplating upgrading or building a new rig, is to just ask for advice from the players on what is required.

In your case OP, we would need ur full specs.
I suspect if that link u posted is saying u need to upgrade ur CPU, u will likely have to upgrade your whole rig. In which case to play GW2 without droping below 30fps even in WvW. Your looking at about $1000/£1000 for everything inside a Desktop tower unit.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

funkyfrosty.1784

my computer model number is p2-1013w and I dont care if the settings are on low as long as i dont drop below like 30 or even 20 fps do i really have to spend 1000 dollars to do that?

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/FAQ-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Compilation/first#post1095383

Your computer doesn’t meet the requirements (see Part2.1 of link above)

• AMD Dual-Core Processor E-450(1.65GHz) -score of 449 below min req
  • AMD Radeon HD 6320 -score of 237 below min req

You don’t have to spend 1000, but you need a computer with a decent CPU. If you don’t care about graphic settings or WvWvW, then most average desktop sold today ranging 300-500 should do fine. (see Part 2.2 of link above)

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

(edited by kirito.4138)

SolarNova.1052

I would think closer to $500 minimum if u dont mind 20 fps drops and running on low to medium settings.
A stock running 3570k CPU,Motherboard,RAM,Cooler, cheap GPU,PSU,Case,HDD from ur current rig along with Optical Drive.(Asuming they r Sata and not IDE).

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

funkyfrosty.1784

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/FAQ-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Compilation/first#post1095383

You don’t have to spend 1000, but you need a computer with a decent CPU. If you don’t care about graphic settings or WvWvW, then most average desktop sold today ranging 300-500 should do fine. (see Part 2.2 of link above)

Okay so those 2 things are a CPU and GPU could i simply buy a better cpu and gpu and put them in my current computer instead of getting a new one or is it cheaper to get a entirely new computer, also thanks a ton for the response.

funkyfrosty.1784

I would think closer to $500 minimum if u dont mind 20 fps drops and running on low to medium settings.
A stock running 3570k CPU,Motherboard,RAM,Cooler, cheap GPU,PSU,Case,HDD from ur current rig along with Optical Drive.(Asuming they r Sata and not IDE).

20 fps drops from what? to 0? if i could stay at 20 fps that would be a huge improvement right now if i go in lions arch i get a solid 5 or 6 the best ive gotten is like 22 and that was in a cave when i was sitting still not casting anything and no one was there

kirito.4138

Okay so those 2 things are a CPU and GPU could i simply buy a better cpu and gpu and put them in my current computer instead of getting a new one or is it cheaper to get a entirely new computer, also thanks a ton for the response.

Your computer model is a budget desktop with everything mostly integrated. You don’t have option to swap CPU or GPU. Buying a new computer is your best option.

funkyfrosty.1784

In some rare cases a cpu upgrade might be worth it. Most of the time? You are better off saving for a new machine. About the only OLD machine capable of decent FPS (and far from great) is a highly OC intel Duo Core. My e8400 at 3.8 ghz gets perfect fps in everything except WvW and even that is playable and I had to streamline Win 7 and take off aero and everything running in the background to get playable WvW performance.

There are a few older AMD’s that were decent for gaming, that could be overclocked and had decent onboard cache. The problem? You have to A)have a motherboard that can support it (and the overclock), find the chip for a cheap price.

Also the system requirements on almost all games are a joke. It means the game will run, it doesn’t mean it will run well.

i turned off all the fancy win7 stuff everythings grey and ugly but i got like 5 fps more thnx a ton

SolarNova.1052

20 fps drops from what? to 0? if i could stay at 20 fps that would be a huge improvement right now if i go in lions arch i get a solid 5 or 6 the best ive gotten is like 22 and that was in a cave when i was sitting still not casting anything and no one was there

I meant drop DOWN from a higher fps to 20 :P

A proper gaming GPU even a low end one should manage 50+ fps (around 20-40 in LA atm) asuming u use the appropraite graphics settings, in GW2. The drop down to 20 or lower would be down to the CPU bottlenecking, but wihtout OC’ing u cant stop that on any CPU out atm.

$500 would be the minimum u could spend on a gaming rig that could play GW2 without getting simluar fps to what u have now in LA. Alot of that $500 would be spent on the CPU &Motherboard, since GW2 takes most its performance from that.

Posted by: Nitro.4732

Nitro.4732

I just looked on a random retailers website to see how hard it could be to get a pc that could play guild wars.

As soon as I went to the gaming PC section the first (and lowest) price that hit me was £979 GBP. So I backed out of there pretty fast as I wanted to see if there was anything in the range of say 500 – 600 that perhaps a person could simply buy off the shelf and start playing.

So the next section I went to was Desktop PC’s and immediately the first thing I noticed was that not a single computer on the list under 699 mark was advertised with having a graphics card, infact these pc simply stated how amazingly big the capacity of the hard drive was, or how many gigabyes of ram the computer had (for all I know it could be the slowest RAM in the world but they had loads of it).

As soon as I looked into the 700+ range I stated to see that they were advertising graphics cards, I saw last years generation multimedia graphics and then we reached the “top of the line” GTX640! for just shy of £1000, Quaggon says: oo000ooo.

So my conclusion is this if you plan to buy a gaming PC either, build it yourself or be prepared to fill someone’s pockets with vast amounts of profits.

good luck

CoolerMaster Masterbox 5 | H110i | AMD Ryzen R7 1800x 4.0GHz | 32GB DDR4
512GB Samsung 950pro | 2TB SATA-3 | AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

(edited by Nitro.4732)

funkyfrosty.1784

so i suppose i need to replace my cpu and gpu and hope that works. I was not aware that to play gw2 on low i had to buy a $700 computer thanks for the help though.

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

Welcome to the club!

Phenom II X4 3.4G 965 Black Edition
8GB DDR3 DC 2000 Ram
1.5TB Raid 0-5
M4N89TD Evo 980a Nforce
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Tweaked
EVGA Nvidia 470 GTX OC 310.70
Samsung 720p 1360×768 Monitor

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

Posted by: seekerking.2875

seekerking.2875

so i suppose i need to replace my cpu and gpu and hope that works. I was not aware that to play gw2 on low i had to buy a $700 computer thanks for the help though.

I was not aware people with a computer more than 10 years old would realistically expect to run a high end game such as guild wars 2.

1.8 ghz is even older than my 6 year old computer with 2.7 ghz dual core processor.

It’s about time to make an investment in a new computer. You might as well if you want to pursue playing any game from TODAY.

SolarNova.1052

Buying a prebuilt computer will be costly, as Nitro mentioned, any prebuilt computer with the CPU AND GPU needed is way over $500, and thats simply becouse they add unneccery things in along with the extra cost of building it for u..and always use the most up to date GPU’s which cost alot mroe than buying an old one.

However u can build a rig capable of running GW2 much better than what ur getting for around $500+, just dont expect to be able to run good graphics settings becouse u will have to sacrifice on the GPU to keep the price down since the CPU is not somthign u can sacrifice on with GW2. $500 would also be more attainable if u were to buy second hand parts ..ofc that runs its own risks..so its up to u.

zerk.9701

Their nothing to upgrade to this is your PC 65 watt power supply and no PCI-E slot on the motherboard.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03052631&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5156885#N984
Mother board http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03004082&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=5156885#N109

AMD Fusion E450 (Zacate) Dual Core processor soldered down on the motherboard

TDP: 18W

Socket type: Not applicable

NOTE:The processor cannot be upgraded because the processor is soldered down to the motherboard.

(edited by zerk.9701)

zerk.9701

This would be a huge improvement over what you have for $500 includes everything but it’s refurbished.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/388465/DX4860-UR31P_Desktop_Computer_Refurbished
and add this video card. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7486146&Sku=A271-7750 2GAME

funkyfrosty.1784

Your computer model is a budget desktop with everything mostly integrated. You don’t have option to swap CPU or GPU. Buying a new computer is your best option.

aww thats not good thanks for the help though

Welcome to the club!

Phenom II X4 3.4G 965 Black Edition
8GB DDR3 DC 2000 Ram
1.5TB Raid 0-5
M4N89TD Evo 980a Nforce
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Tweaked
EVGA Nvidia 470 GTX OC 310.70
Samsung 720p 1360×768 Monitor

haha try turning off all windows appearance settings i got like 8 fps more still isnt too great but still.

I was not aware people with a computer more than 10 years old would realistically expect to run a high end game such as guild wars 2.

1.8 ghz is even older than my 6 year old computer with 2.7 ghz dual core processor.

It’s about time to make an investment in a new computer. You might as well if you want to pursue playing any game from TODAY.

I bought this computer a few years ago and it came with windows 7 which was released in july of 2009 if my computer were to be 10 years old the year would be 2020 or possibly 2019 and fortunately, we are not.

This would be a huge improvement over what you have for $500 includes everything but it’s refurbished.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/388465/DX4860-UR31P_Desktop_Computer_Refurbished
and add this video card. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7486146&Sku=A271-7750 2GAME

hmm if i were to not get the graphics card how many fps do you think i could manage on low?

kirito.4138

if you really want to go cheap, go browse craigslist for used computer, but YMMV.

funkyfrosty.1784

if you really want to go cheap, go browse craigslist for used computer, but YMMV.

What is YMMV and im very wary of craiglist the computer could be hacked or have viruses or something scary O_O

kirito.4138

YMMV = your mileage may very
Basically, means it depends widely what you get. You can get scammed, robbed, conned, tricked. But, in return you can a lot of time get great deals on people upgrading or moving etc.

Any system you buy used I would never use the pre-installed OS/software. I would wipe it clean and install myself.

funkyfrosty.1784

on amazon theres cpu speeds of
1.5 GHz & Under1.5 GHz
1.6 to 1.9 GHz1.6 to 1.9 GHz
2 to 2.9 GHz2 to 2.9 GHz
3 GHz & Up3 GHz & Up

Which do i need to play comfortabley?

EDIT: What do you guys think of this one: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-560-Inch-Display/dp/B009YD1CTW/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1357076276&sr=1-1 I think this is a step up from my current rig but im not sure how much of a step haha

(edited by funkyfrosty.1784)

SolarNova.1052

Honestly ?

Its crap…it just is :P

U will need 3ghz minimum.

Look for rigs with a 2500k/2550k/3570k in them. For the price ur looking at they will likely have ether the Onboard GPU or a lowly media card, so long as the rig is cheap enough u can then buy a older gaming GPU l8r on. But u deffinatly dont want to skimp on the cpu..for desktops anything less than those mentioned will strugle.

If u have to go down on the CPU ..then go to a i3 3220 or i3 3240..they wont run WvW or LA very well but will be alot better than that comp u linked and better than ur current one.

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

If u are on the budget a AMD A10 5800k processor and mobo (u can probably use ur memory PSU HDD and all the other stuff) i tested one few weeks ago and i was impressed by the results it managed to play GW2 on high/med settings (mostly MED tbh) pretty good on PVE/PVP (30-60 FPS), wasn’t amazing for WvW ( never droped below 15FPS tho) but hell is a 100$ CPU/GPU. u can get a processor and the mobo for arround 220$. Notice this chip has a integrated GPU both CPU and GPU can be overclocked up to 30% (which is amazing) and it actually runs pretty cold.
P.D: u will need at least 4gb of DDR3 1866Mghz memory or faster to make it work since the integrated GPU needs fast memory.

(edited by Rampage.7145)

funkyfrosty.1784

hmmm, how about this one http://amzn.to/UYcw1M thanks for all the help