How do I fully uninstall to reinstall

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Apotheosis.3786

Apotheosis.3786

I went into the control panel and uninstalled, and then re downloaded and installed the game. When I looked at my guild wars 2 files, some were dated months back, so they clearly were not properly removed. I need to be able to install the game fresh to its own folder, just as if it would be a first install. For Whatever reason, my folders are not in there intended places and it is causing issues. When I got support to help me they told me to do things like (locate your gw2.exe in your guild wars 2 folder) I dont have a guild wars 2 folder and when I typed gw2.exe I saw 4 of them and none of them were in any guild wars 2 folder. Please help.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Where are they? When did you first install? And what kind of problems are you having tht you need to reinstall?

Apotheosis.3786

Half in the download folder and half are beta ones in beta folders. I’m getting DCed with error messages constantly.

Kyllaa.1385

Which error messages?

Apotheosis.3786

Which error messages?

58:11:5:512:101

(edited by Apotheosis.3786)

Kyllaa.1385

What kind of Internet connection are you on? (private/home or public/university)

I’ll post what I found regarding this issue, but as a note, they recommend port forwarding, I personally use QoS. But if you are on a public connection, you may need a VPN if the first suggestion in the post doesn’t work. Might was well try it! Let me know how you go.

I’m not sure if this is still current, but it is from the gw2 support page:

"

Error Code 58 x x x x
(example – 58:11:2:1064:101)

“The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server. Please restart your client and try again. If the problem persists, contact Customer Support for assistance at http://support.guildwars2.com.”

If restarting the client does not resolve the issue, please follow the direction below to create a new shortcut:

Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder.
Right-click on the file GW2.exe and select Create Shortcut.
Right-click the file Gw2.exe – Shortcut and select Rename.
Rename this file to Guild Wars 2 NewAuth.
Right-click on the file Guild Wars 2 NewAuth and select Properties
Locate the Target line and add the following:
For NA players, add: “-authsrv 64.25.38.54” (no quotes)
For EU players, add: “-authsrv 206.127.159.107” (no quotes)
Your target line will look something like this:  C:\Games\GW2\Gw2.exe -authsrv xx.xx.xxx.xx
Click Ok to save your changes.

Once completed, double click Guild Wars 2 NewAuth to start connecting to the server. Should you continue to experience error 58, you may need to configure your router for port forwarding.

Guild Wars 2 requires TCP ports 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600 be fully unrestricted and accessible, both inbound and outbound. For further information about opening ports or port forwarding, you can visit the following website: http://www.portforward.com Please note, this site is not affiliated with or supported by NCSOFT or ArenaNet.

If you are connecting to Guild Wars 2 while on a campus, military, or business network, please check with your network’s administrator to verify that these ports are fully opened and unrestricted. If you are on a home Local Area Network (LAN), you will want to make sure that your network’s hardware is properly configured.

"