How do I gift a Digital Edition copy?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DrakoRoma.4167

DrakoRoma.4167

I’ve been thinking of giving a copy of GW2 to someone who is fine with digital distribution, so I figured I’d take advantage of one of your sales. While it states “Give the Gift of Guild Wars 2” I couldn’t find any instructions on how to do this properly.

My plan was to have my credit card company issue a one-time-use number, so I’m not tying an account to a permanent one. Is that necessary? Does the e-mail information need to be my own or should I make it the recipient’s? Are there other fields I should fill differently than if it was my own copy?

Thank you in advance.

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

The best way to go about gifting GW2 is by buying the edition you want and then sending the serial you get via email to the receiver.

The receiver will need to create an account with the serial and as soon as that has been done, that person owns the copy.

So you don’t do anything with the serial except send it to the reciever, don’t make an account for them, they need to do that part themselfs.

Posted by: DebraKadabra.5278

DebraKadabra.5278

I was just wondering the same thing, Drako, as I want to gift the game to my stepdaughter for Christmas/Wintersday.

Thanks for posting the tip, Sandra – that helps.

What we have been is what we are.

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

guys aparently buying it now means you have to w8 a lot, i did the same 4 dyas ago and still didn’t receive the code

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

I did this on the 19th.. and still haven’t received my code. Probably just going to call the bank on Monday and issue a chargeback. I paid for something that I didn’t receive. Thanks, Anet.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I did this on the 19th.. and still haven’t received my code. Probably just going to call the bank on Monday and issue a chargeback. I paid for something that I didn’t receive. Thanks, Anet.

There have been issues with some email providers blocking email from anet.
You should also be aware that if you do a charge back, the card used can never be used for any purchase from anet again and if it was used to purchase any other accounts you may lose them as well.

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

this sucks anyway, i’m still w8iting for my serial too the problem is that i payed through paypal. an i used that account to buy my copy and my gf one. also probably 3-400$ of gems in more tan a year of game.
this is really unprofessional.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

It’s not Anet’s fault if your email is blocking them.

If you have not already done so, contact support (top of every forum page). It should not take more than a few hours to 24 hours to get your code – there is something definitely wrong going on.

Check your spam folders, and if nothing is there, and your support request doesn’t send you an auto-response within an hour or two, read up on the email issue that has been facing anet (if I can find it, I’ll link it)

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Not-Getting-Our-Mails-Yahoo-Gmail-Hotmail-and-more/first#post2924424

EDIT : And unless/until you’ve tried to contact the vendor to make it right, you shouldn’t do chargebacks. I think the CC will even ask about that.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

As you will note in this thread, certain e-mail providers are blocking our mails. We are working on this, but in the meantime, consider submitting a ticket, at which time the Payments/Billing Team can look into this and send you the serial code.

How, when your e-mail is blocked?

Why don’t you send from another e-mail provider, referencing the purchase information, your user name, and other identifying info, such as the last four (not the full number, just the last four) digits of the credit card you used to purchase.

We are very sorry that you did not get the code, but I feel sure that with a ticket, the team can make that happen!

And thank you for gifting Guild Wars 2!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Deleted note. Wrong thread.