How high can I run GW2?

How high can I run GW2?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Geilnor.3541

Geilnor.3541

First off let me start with I’m using a laptop.
Specifically Lenovo Y580

Specs
Processor: Intel Core i7-3630QM @ 2.4Ghz
Ram: 8gb
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M 2GB Dedicated

I’ve updated my nvidia drivers to Version: 310.90. To the best of my knowledge that’s the latest drivers without going beta?

I also went into NVIDIA Control Panel and selected “High-Performance NVIDIA Processor” under Guild Wars 2 to make sure that it does run off the Intel HD 4000.

Are there any suggestions as to optimization. I slightly tech savvy but never really got around to messing with GPU settings too much. Don’t hold back if you have positive suggestions. I would greatly appreciate any help to make the game run as great as possible.

Please no flaming/trolling/“ERMHAGERD HE HAS A LAPTOP ERRRR”

Thanks in advance!

How high can I run GW2?

Geilnor.3541

Just to add, I ran GW2 after updating drivers and noticed a BIG improvement.

Resoution: 1080p
Animation: High
Anti-Aliasing: FXAA
Environment: High
LOD Distance: High
Reflections: All
Textures: High
Render Sampling: Native
Shadows: High
Shaders: Medium
Post Processing: High
Best Texture Filtering: Checked
Depth Blur: Checked
High-Res Character Textures: Checked
Vertical Sync: Checked

Current FPS running around LA off Overflow: 20 – 30 (Mostly in the high 20’s).

If anyone has any suggestions as to any more improvements that I can do I would greatly appreciate it.

Again, thanks in advance!

How high can I run GW2?

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

LA Overflow isn’t laggy much at all. I suggest trying shadows on Medium. Reflections on None.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

How high can I run GW2?

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Turn reflections to terrain and sky ..or off.
Set shadows to high

The 3630Qm turbo’s to 3.4ghz iirc, make sure it is indeed doing that.

Set Gw2.exe to high priority in task manager.
Disable core parking.

As for the whole laptop issue. tbh normaly i would say “go desktop” BUT thankfully u done well and got a laptop with what i would consider minimum requirements for GW2 to run at an acceptable speed. So happy gaming

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

How high can I run GW2?

Geilnor.3541

Thanks for the replies guys. I will definitely set the priority to high in task manager. As for the laptop issue I currently do have a Desktop that I game on, however I live with my girlfriend and she needs the portability as do I, so we figured we’d pitch in to pick up a laptop that would still run games at an enjoyable speed.

One other question. How do I make sure that the processor is running at the 3.4ghz? I believe I read somewhere that it only does that when put under strain. I’m assuming that’s means its some sort of automatic option that I can change as well?

As for the core parking. I think I’ll pass on that just because of the heating issues. Any more heat on this baby and I think it might just melt

How high can I run GW2?

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Put the CPU underload or while running the game. Check monitor tools for the CPU clock speed. (see Part 5.1 for some tools)

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

How high can I run GW2?

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

Believe it or not, the water still reflects color of the landscape based on light (similar to how it works in real life if there’s too many waves to distinguish features.) Honestly, I think water in this game should have an option for both sides. If you want severely detailed surface water, fine. But what about people who want to see out of the water in certain areas? You can’t, there is no filtration / animation / screen that causes the overworld terrain to be pushed through some wobbly morphing feature. But wait, there is! It’s on the little raindrops that occur when you surface :V

GW2 team derped.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

How high can I run GW2?

Posted by: Evilruler.3249

Evilruler.3249

In my opinion, you could turn off Anti-Aliasing and Depth Blur without affecting much visually.
I also keep reflections off because they cause a few graphical bugs for me.

(edited by Evilruler.3249)