Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

Just curious on other peoples FPS in GW2. For me,
its much less than every other MMO. I have a 3yr old
i7, a nvidia geoforce 670 and 6 gig of ram. I use cable
internet.

My FPS in Lions Arch goes between 25 and 50. The main
issue is choppy turning and slow loads. Ive never seen
these issues on this rig in any other past game.

Im debating getting a new i7 motherboard and CPU, but only
if it would improve this problem. Is it the design of the game
or my computer?

By the way, mass zerg WvW is even worse: 11 FPS normally. Any
advice would be great.

How is your FPS?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Codata.2019

Codata.2019

I can’t get over 15 fps thats the max for me. Just dreaming about WvWvW, world Boss fights or sPvP. xD

How is your FPS?

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

i5 3750k OC 4.0
670 GTX
8gb corsair RAM.

50 solid FPS in LA or any other place.

LA has some slow rendering when you first pop in, but once you rendered everything it’s smooth.

How is your FPS?

Thunderbrew.7034

Thats close enough to me Red, how is a typical Jormag
fight to use that as an example? The FPS drops to its lowest
and I get allot of delay/lag.

Just curious if upgrading cpu and motherboard will make
that big of a difference. Some people are telling me that
wont help FPS but I find that hard to beleive. I know the new
i7 has to be better than my 3r old one.

How is your FPS?

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

If ur running a Generation 1 ‘i’ CPU then yes its worth it.

If ur running a Generation 2, just OC it. Same for generation 3.

Intel gen2 & 3 i5 and i7 ‘K’ processors can run GW2 without droping below 30 fps even in the most heavy WvW battles ..that is ..if they r OC’d to around the 4.5ghz area…asuming ur GPU keeps up ofc. Average WvW FPS would be around 45 in most casses, and Normal LA 60.

You will likely still get FPS drops for a second or 2 for the 1st time loading an area, but thats to be expected whilst it renders. You can help reduce the impact of this drop by using a SSD to speed up access times, and ofc also havng a fast cpu and gpu.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

(edited by SolarNova.1052)

How is your FPS?

Thunderbrew.7034

Ok that helps. Mine in dxdiag says i7 CPU 920 @2.67GHz
so it sounds like I have the oldest one.

How is your FPS?

SolarNova.1052

Yea thats a generation 1.

You can still try OC’ing to get better performance ..look up on Overclock.net forums for how to do it.

The big jump in performance for Intel was the 2nd generation. They have much stronger single thread performance vs Generation1. Gen1 single thread performance was still close to older Core 2 Quads like the QX6850. The main advanatge to the newer Gen1 ’i’s though was the introduciton of hyperthreading which increased their multi thread performance over the older Core 2 Quads.
But single thread performance is what matter most for gaming.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

How is your FPS?

Thunderbrew.7034

Great thanks allot, Im hoping this one is easy to OC like the newer ones.

How is your FPS?

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

It is not as easy to OC as new ones but u shold be fine, also try to turn off reflections, they hammer ur CPU very bad, also try to lower shadows quality for WvW, i actually turn them off for WvW to get the maximum possible performance, all the oter options u can just max them out with ur videocard, but those 2 are particulary CPU dependant, so no matter what videocard u have they will hammer ur frame rate.

How is your FPS?

Thunderbrew.7034

Thanks Rampage, Ill give that a shot today and see what it
looks like.

How is your FPS?

Posted by: viperdemonz.6804

viperdemonz.6804

i7 870
16 gb corsair xms 3 ram
win8 pro 64
gtx 470
80 90 fps world
40 50 fps wvw

How is your FPS?

Posted by: Coleslaww.7390

Coleslaww.7390

My FPS is fine until a WvWvW zerg when I drop to 5-7 FPS.

Running and i5 650 processor, Nvidia GTX560 TI graphics card and 16 GBs of Ram. I don’t have fps problems in ANY other game

How is your FPS?

SolarNova.1052

Yea u will get varied resposnes and claims of fps in WvW depending on what the player has experianced.

Some servers will have been fighting in WvW for months but the rank they r in may mean they never actually see how big battles can become so those people will consider ‘big’ battles completly different from another set of servers and people.

Its a PITA tbh, becouse it can make people look like they r just lieing/trolling when in fact they r not.. its just they have yet to experiance what a truley big WvW battle is.

I rarely see truly big battles becouse my server isnt doign to well but i have been in them (roughly 100 people) and they will hammer even the best OC’d cpu’s out their to around 30fps. And battles are capable of getting as big as 300 (100 vs 100 vs 100) now u will never see that many people due to culling but even so.. with culling and a tight compact battle u can expect to see upwards of 100 people on screen hammering away at the CPU.

1st gen ‘i5/i7’s users have also experianced these battles along side me and have given my accurate fps readings, they drop way below 30 specialy if they r not OC’d so your low FPS readings r not unheared of with that generation of CPU’s.

(edited by SolarNova.1052)

How is your FPS?

Posted by: Reese.9572

Reese.9572

I have an i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz and a GTX 580. I’ve usually maintained 30+ FPS in WvW zergfests, but I think the recent update changed that, because I’m now going into 15-25 fps. Before the last update, I’ve had no FPS problems whatsoever, maintaining 50-60+ in all areas of the game, excluding LA (which I usually get 30-50 FPS).

How is your FPS?

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

Yeah i am experiencing very low FPS at huge zergs aswell, it is still good arround the PVE world and cities tho, so i think they only changed something in WvW (may be to make us think they made a huge improvment with the upcoming “culling solution”)

How is your FPS?

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Try these settings:
Nvidia Control Panel / CCC
AA > App Control
AF > App Control
Mipmap > Performance
Vertical Sync >App Control
Triple Buffering > On
Morphological Filter > Off

In Game:
Vertical Sync > On

These settings tend to help people with low FPS issues.

Also remember the game is not fully optimized for GPU control, it relies heavily on CPU control at the current state. This may change over time.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs