How long will they keep ignoring us?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dubious.7403

Dubious.7403

That’s right.

Dozens of us are opening threads on a daily basis, only to see them being merged with other people experencing the same damnned problems.

Arena Net is repeatedly ignoring our emails and complaints on the forums. We have been put on hold until they are done dealing with a whole crapload of other problems.

In the meanwhile, a game we paid well over 50 euros (or 60$) is just taking space on our hard drives and we have nothing better to do but to watch the forums and try some voodoo fixes that may or may not work.

The sad thing is, it has been almost a week now since THEIR patch screwed up everything for us, and yet none of them took the time to respond to our plight.

I have sent them countless emails, only to be answered by some automatic email telling me I haven’t sent a game advisor report, altough I have sent a report, 2 of them actually.

I’m sure I speak on all of our behalf when I say WE DEMAND an ETA on a fix, and make it soon. We paid for something and got nothing in return.

And to the dear mods of this forum, please don’t merge this with another thread. You’re only making it worse for us.

Posted by: Motorbreath.7835

Motorbreath.7835

I’ve never felt so bad with a tech support as now with Anet. I’m really surprised, in a bad way.

Posted by: SwiftChocobo.3781

SwiftChocobo.3781

First, it would help if you specifically mention whatever problem you feel is worth making such a hostile post about.
If it’s about framerate/performance/crashes,they’re not ignoring you. As the devs have said in earlier threads about these issues, the teams know about these and are working on fixes.
Whatever problem I was having is being worked on (low fps with a 680), because I’ve noticed with every recent patch, I get more stable fps. Still not optimal, but we’ll need a new Nvidia driver for that.
If you really want to help, expain exactly what problem you’re experiencing, post your specs and settings, submit 1 and only 1 ticket (you can update it), and bump your post occasionally. If your crashing, send the reports and record error numbers.
The team posting on the forum can only relay info between us and other teams, so if you’ve given them everything you possibly can, it’s just a matter of time before it’s fixed.
And again, instead of coming off as entitled and hostile, you could have been typing in great detail what you were experiencing, and devs or even other learned players may be able to help you. For example, I know for a fact running an antivirus/firewall program in the background can be a cause of crashing/poor performance, but many players don’t know this and end up in your situation.

Dubious.7403

First, it would help if you specifically mention whatever problem you feel is worth making such a hostile post about.
If it’s about framerate/performance/crashes,they’re not ignoring you. As the devs have said in earlier threads about these issues, the teams know about these and are working on fixes.
Whatever problem I was having is being worked on (low fps with a 680), because I’ve noticed with every recent patch, I get more stable fps. Still not optimal, but we’ll need a new Nvidia driver for that.
If you really want to help, expain exactly what problem you’re experiencing, post your specs and settings, submit 1 and only 1 ticket (you can update it), and bump your post occasionally. If your crashing, send the reports and record error numbers.
The team posting on the forum can only relay info between us and other teams, so if you’ve given them everything you possibly can, it’s just a matter of time before it’s fixed.
And again, instead of coming off as entitled and hostile, you could have been typing in great detail what you were experiencing, and devs or even other learned players may be able to help you. For example, I know for a fact running an antivirus/firewall program in the background can be a cause of crashing/poor performance, but many players don’t know this and end up in your situation.

I should have been more specific.

I’ve been having serious FPS issues during all of the beta events and stress tests. After a month long correspondence with the Anet support they were not able to figure out the problem.

When the game launched on the 25th the problem literraly solved itself. I could play with a steady 60 fps for about 2 weeks.

Ever since the patch they released last Friday things went back to the way they were during the stress tests.

I have lost my faith in their support team. I they didn’t bother helping me back then, I don’t think they’ll bother doing it now.

Back then many people besides me had this problme, now after the patch even more people are experiencing it.

I paid for a product that I can’t use. I’ve asked for a refund 3 times now, only to be answered by an automatic email AGAIN.

So as I have said, you can see where my fraustration comes from.

Don’t you think I have already tried posting my specs? I have tried every solution that comes to mind regarding this problem. Anet has replied to my tickets for over 7 times now, and every time they ask me to download another software that will tell them more about my system specs.

I have sent them: 2 DXdiag reports, 2 game advisor reports, 1 speccy report, countless pictures of my fps problems with SpeedFan running in the background to rule out the possibilty of my system overheating. Then, they asked me to download yet ANOTHER software called ‘Heaven’. I sent that report as well. Now, after the problems were back they told me to tweak my AMD control panel, which again, made no difference.

You tell me, after nearly 2 months of back and forth emails, should I just take it easy?

P.S
Sorry for my bad english.

(edited by Dubious.7403)

SwiftChocobo.3781

I understand your frustration, but it’s not worth giving up until you’ve tried everything. Have you:
Reformatted your hard drive?
Reinstalled windows with the latest service pack?
Not install any unnecessary background programs?
Download and install all the NEWest drivers for ALL of your hardware, including your bios, chipset, ethernet, usb, audio, and most importantly GPU?
Install GW2 fresh to the hard drive your OS is installed on?
Run GW2.exe as an administrator?
Changed graphic settings around in game and out of game in your GPU’s control panel?
Try all other available drivers for your video card?
Made sure this is an isolated occurrence, and all other programs/games run as expected?
Install and run an FPS/GPU/CPU monitoring tool, such as fraps/precision?

Again, there’s only so many suggestions I can throw out without knowing your specs.
EDIT: sorry, I see you added more to your last post while I was typing this one.
All I’m getting at here is, ultimately, there’s no point in ‘demanding an ETA’, because the team working on these issues probably hasn’t found an exact solution yet. If you want to be more than disappointed, that’s up to you. I just wouldn’t let it ruin my day, considering this game has no subscription fee and you can always check on it in a few weeks.

(edited by SwiftChocobo.3781)

Posted by: I Karnor I.1823

I Karnor I.1823

ROFLMFAO, there is absolutely no way anyone should need to reformat their hard drive or re-install windoze to play this game or any other game.

Legacy Of Nosferatu [KISS]

SwiftChocobo.3781

ROFLMFAO, there is absolutely no way anyone should need to reformat their hard drive or re-install windoze to play this game or any other game.

I agree. But you can’t say reformatting and using a fresh install with fresh drivers doesn’t solve many problems!
I know reformatting is a pain. But refreshing an OS and its drivers at least once every few years is a good idea.

Dubious.7403

I understand your frustration, but it’s not worth giving up until you’ve tried everything. Have you:
Reformatted your hard drive?
Reinstalled windows with the latest service pack?
Not install any unnecessary background programs?
Download and install all the NEWest drivers for ALL of your hardware, including your bios, chipset, ethernet, usb, audio, and most importantly GPU?
Install GW2 fresh to the hard drive your OS is installed on?
Run GW2.exe as an administrator?
Changed graphic settings around in game and out of game in your GPU’s control panel?
Try all other available drivers for your video card?
Made sure this is an isolated occurrence, and all other programs/games run as expected?
Install and run an FPS/GPU/CPU monitoring tool, such as fraps/precision?

Again, there’s only so many suggestions I can throw out without knowing your specs.
EDIT: sorry, I see you added more to your last post while I was typing this one.
All I’m getting at here is, ultimately, there’s no point in ‘demanding an ETA’, because the team working on these issues probably hasn’t found an exact solution yet. If you want to be more than disappointed, that’s up to you. I just wouldn’t let it ruin my day, considering this game has no subscription fee and you can always check on it in a few weeks.

I understand what you’re saying, but seeing as how it has worked for 2 weeks straight, probably means the problem is not with my rig.

As to being dissappointed, I paid extra to get to play in the beta events and stress tests, which I didn’t get to.
I was fine with that, as long as I would have been able to play with my friends come launch day.

The way I see it is – I paid extra money for a game that is broken. If they can’t even estimate when will they fix it, and if they don’t even bother responding here on the forums then I want nothing to do with them.

I have asked for a refund 3 times now. There is no reason I should go through 7 layers of hell to play a game. It is just a game, after all.

My specs:
I7-720QM.
ATI 5850M.
6 GB RAM DDR 3 1333MHZ.

I appriciate your help, but I don’t see eye to eye with you regarding the current situation.

Posted by: sirius.8614

sirius.8614

Feeling the same way as OP.The patch on friday made this game a unplayable mess.Just not fun lagging around in the world and having 20 frames in group events.I really wanna play this game but not like this.

Posted by: Tjynde.1604

Tjynde.1604

It’s a very known issue guys. Like SwiftChocobo said. Reformatting is always a good thing, but in this case i don’t think it will do any difference.

If you look around the forum, there is a lot of people having FPS problems. Some of the suggestions have been working for a handfull of people. But it’s still a top priority problem. Look around a give some of the suggestions a go. If none of them is working you just have to wait for a patch to fix it (hopefully).

Best regards
Tjynde

Posted by: PrinceAli.3140

PrinceAli.3140

I have the same fps problem, I have seen others having problems with their gfx cards being stuck on 2d mode but that’s not my issue. Lowest setting @ 1024×768 my sli 570’s cannot hold 60fps and both cards usage is only 10-20% and the frames are not holding. I cannot play until this is sorted.

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

just a quick question a lot of people with ATI cards had problems fixed after installing 12.8 and the latest CAP did you install both of those?

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

I have the same fps problem, I have seen others having problems with their gfx cards being stuck on 2d mode but that’s not my issue. Lowest setting @ 1024×768 my sli 570’s cannot hold 60fps and both cards usage is only 10-20% and the frames are not holding. I cannot play until this is sorted.

Have you tried running it on just one GPU? I’ve read that some folks only seem to have the issue in SLI mode

Dubious.7403

just a quick question a lot of people with ATI cards had problems fixed after installing 12.8 and the latest CAP did you install both of those?

I have tried both.
I’ve tried every solution suggested on the forums.
The youtube fix has worked one time.
Adobe flash player has some sort of affect on how GW2 works. I don’t care how, I just want it to work.

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

This sounds like more of a driver problem and its AMD that has been ignoring us, they just dropped their monthly driver releases leaving video card owners in the dark, its them you should be complaining to not ANet, we may not get a new driver until the end of the year sadly…

http://blogs.amd.com/play/2012/05/31/amd-catalyst%E2%84%A2-12-6-beta-whats-new/

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

PrinceAli.3140

Have you tried running it on just one GPU? I’ve read that some folks only seem to have the issue in SLI mode

Yes I have tried that and it’s just as bad.

Posted by: Creature.9476

Creature.9476

They are not ignoring you. But making more and more threads creates more and more work for them to keep people pacified and that detracts from the actual work you want them to do.

All I can advise, in a broad sense, is a repost of what I put in another thread:

1) Make sure you run your Windows update and install all available updates. Once that is done, reboot and check again for updates. Keep rebooting and checking until there are no updates to be applied.
2) Make sure your antivirus is up to date. If you still are unsure if the antivirus is blocking the installer/launcher from running you can disable your antivirus temporarily as well.
3) Make sure you only have 1 antivitus program installed. I have read many reports over the past week that told me people have 2 antivirus programs running at once. They do not like to play nice with each other and will mess your computer up.
4) Check to see you have the latest drivers for your videocard.

For NVidia go here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
Do not be afraid to download and install the drivers labeled as beta. 306.2 actually has some specific Guild Wars 2 improvements built into it.

For ATI go here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
Make sure you get the Catalyst 12.8 download and also the one under it, the Catalyst Application Profile (CAP) 12.8 CAP 2. This has some specific improvements for Guild Wars 2 added to it.

5) And I know that you will all hate hearing this, but check that your videocard is capable of running the game. Simply google your videocard with the word wiki (I.e. “radeon 6700 wiki” or “GT 620 wiki”) and the wikipedai page usually tells you the specs. What you want is more than 128 MB of RAM and very important: Shader Model 3.0 or higher supported!
6) And let’s not forget to right click the game and select “Run as administrator” if you are on Vista or Windows 7. I know, you are the only account on your computer and you are the administrator. Trust me, it makes a difference.

I know this won’t get the game running for everyone, but trust me when I say that half the issues (if not more) of not being able to launch or install are caused by the actual computer you are on, not the game.

Good luck, and hope to see you in game!

Knowledge is meant to be shared

PrinceAli.3140

I set it to single gpu in nvidia cp, I spawn in the tutorial area with max settings and I look towards the town the gpu usage hovers around 65% and im getting only 40 frames. I am using 306.2 drivers.

Posted by: Rshipley.8194

Rshipley.8194

Yes there is over time your OS becomes corrupt.

Installing updates that you dont need to also messes up your OS.

Make sure you dont have update auto, I have had alot of problems with this.

Malware and other programs can mess up your OS.

From uninstalling software, or a bad program you installed etc… and many other things that can go wrong.

i7-980X 3.33GHZ Extreme, Nvidia GTX 680 1.5 G, 12 GB RAM, FPS 105

(edited by Rshipley.8194)

Rshipley.8194

Could you please post the specs of your PC and what OS your using (Operating system)

How much space is on your hard drive etc..

Posted by: Sunzzofman.8596

Sunzzofman.8596

This sounds like more of a driver problem and its AMD that has been ignoring us, they just dropped their monthly driver releases leaving video card owners in the dark, its them you should be complaining to not ANet, we may not get a new driver until the end of the year sadly…

I thought this was true untill i contacted amd and they said they are working on new drivers but theres been no mention of guild wars 2,so they wanted me to do a survey and get others to do it if there having the ssame problems,heres the survey link even though it says 12.8 at the top its for all drivers,including 12.6 etc

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EBF

Rshipley.8194

My Desktop
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (and all important updates)

intel i7 980 extreme 3.33 GHz CPU 6 cores
12 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 1.5 Gig (301.42)
Realtek sound card (latest update)
80 GB SSD hard drive
1 TB hard drive

Please everyone that’s having in this problem post the specs of their PC. Say if it’s a desktop or a laptop. Maybe we can find a common denominator.

I am not having the problems you guys are having but maybe we can figure this out and get you going.

If you can afford it buy a Nvidia video card. AMD has had a lot of problems with games lately.

Rshipley.8194

Please everyone thats having in this problem post the specs of their PC. Say if its a desktop or a laptop. Maybe we can find if you guys are having lack of a desktop powerfull enough to run GW2

Also have you tryed cleaning your PC.

I am not having the problems you guys are having but maybe we can get you going and having fun

PrinceAli.3140

@Rshipley.8194

My specs
Intel i7 920 @ 3.4
ASUS p6t Deluxe v1
6GB Corsair Dominator ram
Nvidia 570 Sli with 306.2 beta drivers
Crucial M4 64GB SSD with 20 gigs free
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 (fresh install about 2 weeks ago)
All my drivers are up-to-date

My pc should dump all over this game.

I can play skyrim maxed with 8Q multisampling + 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling @ pretty much constant 90fps with vsync on.

Rshipley.8194

@Rshipley.8194

My specs
Intel i7 920 @ 3.4
ASUS p6t Deluxe v1
6GB Corsair Dominator ram
Nvidia 570 Sli with 306.2 beta drivers
Crucial M4 64GB SSD with 20 gigs free
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 (fresh install about 2 weeks ago)
All my drivers are up-to-date

My pc should dump all over this game.

I can play skyrim maxed with 8Q multisampling + 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling @ pretty much constant 90fps with vsync on.

I dont like beta drivers have you tried installing the latest driver for you Video card NOT beta

PrinceAli.3140

I will try the 301.42 and report back

Rshipley.8194

Also go to this website and run the program

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Posted by: sirius.8614

sirius.8614

No it is not.The patch in friday screwed up the performance of the game big time.Before friday they game was running better with every patch they put out,i was actually kinda surprised how fast they can optimise the game (at least in the leveling zones) but after this patch all went downhill.

Definetly not a driver problem.12.8 + CAP 2 worked very nicely before this patch.

EDIT:And no one should ever use this crappy site that is sysrequirementslab.It just compares your PC to the system requirements that the developers gave out which are 90% of the times complete BS.

This site wanted to tell me that i couldn’t play crysis even on low settings when it came out.Turned out i could play the game just fine with a mix of middle and high settings.So,stay away from this site,it’s BS.

(edited by sirius.8614)

PrinceAli.3140

Just tried the 301.42 drivers and it was identical performance to the 306.2

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

I sincerely do not understand how you have such problems.
I do not say you do NOT, but I only had a crash once (1) since start.
The game runs smooth, no nasty problems.
Of course, sometimes the trading acts funny, but that is all.

People, with a decent computer you do not have problems.
Fix your problems than start pointing fingers.

PrinceAli.3140

I sincerely do not understand how you have such problems.
I do not say you do NOT, but I only had a crash once (1) since start.
The game runs smooth, no nasty problems.
Of course, sometimes the trading acts funny, but that is all.

People, with a decent computer you do not have problems.
Fix your problems than start pointing fingers.

What is your specs and avg framerate? We are here to try and fix our problems, that’s why we are here.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

It’s nothing new, NcSoft Support for it’s game were always terrible, and this isn’t an suprise. But I hoped they would make it right this time, but no. =/

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.