How to increase fps

How to increase fps

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Direngrey.8376

Direngrey.8376

Hello everyone, this is most likely old news for most players who had tried to increase fps so if it is im sorry to waste your time or getting your hopes up, AGAIN THIS IS OLD NEWS TO PROBABLY MOST OF YOU SO DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP, reason for saying it twice is because some people just skim and scan to get what they want out of a thread then complain.

This has worked very well for me, I lvled to 80 with about 15-18 fps… ( IKR ) after downloading this, I am playing this game on full ultra and running about 28-45 fps in LA and about 30-60 fps outside of city ( In dungeons and etc )

http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

Download that, and once its downloaded configure it, it tells you what you can disable and what you can’t. After that, click on gw2 in the booster and launch it, be sure gw2 isn’t running before you use the booster. This has worked for me and a few other people, that doesn’t mean it’ll work for everyone.

If that doesn’t work then I would do the alternative and overclock your computer, they say your warranty is void after overclocking. Any computer science major knows that, that is false. If you know what you’re doing, then it is not void.

Anyway if this helps you then please bump it for others. And lastly I apologize for my grammar, English is a 3rd language.

How to increase fps

Posted by: Mates.3821

Mates.3821

I would prefer 60 FPS at all times by lowering the details a bit, than getting drops to 28 in cities. Just sayin’.
I’m running on an i5 3570K and a single GTX 660, and doing absolutely fine even in WvW on everything maxxed 1920×1200 including FXAA, except for medium shadows, that look almost completely the same anyway, because I notice drops even to as high as 55.

How to increase fps

Posted by: esm.2584

esm.2584

Hello everyone, this is most likely old news for most players who had tried to increase fps so if it is im sorry to waste your time or getting your hopes up, AGAIN THIS IS OLD NEWS TO PROBABLY MOST OF YOU SO DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP, reason for saying it twice is because some people just skim and scan to get what they want out of a thread then complain.

This has worked very well for me, I lvled to 80 with about 15-18 fps… ( IKR ) after downloading this, I am playing this game on full ultra and running about 28-45 fps in LA and about 30-60 fps outside of city ( In dungeons and etc )

http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

Download that, and once its downloaded configure it, it tells you what you can disable and what you can’t. After that, click on gw2 in the booster and launch it, be sure gw2 isn’t running before you use the booster. This has worked for me and a few other people, that doesn’t mean it’ll work for everyone.

If that doesn’t work then I would do the alternative and overclock your computer, they say your warranty is void after overclocking. Any computer science major knows that, that is false. If you know what you’re doing, then it is not void.

Anyway if this helps you then please bump it for others. And lastly I apologize for my grammar, English is a 3rd language.

have you try in wvw ? mind the share the FPS you get after using the booster?

How to increase fps

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

It depends on ur hardware, the hardware, the slower and older ur PC is the best game boosters will perform, the more crap u have instaled in ur OS the better the booster will be. Basically if u have a old Core2duo or athlon using DDR2 memory the booster will show u great improvments, if u have an i5, i7 it won’t show u any.
I highlly recomend Razer booster for older systems it makes a huge difference sometimes, it is a wonderfull free tool.

How to increase fps

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

I uninstalled that booster after 2 days. It messed more up than it fixed here….
I used that tweak thing too… maybe that’s why. Anyway If you have a lot of crap running, and not that much ram or high end cpu, it can help indeed

How to increase fps

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

This only increases FPS if your CPU/Memory resources are being greatly utilized by the operating system/background programs. If you have a top of the line gaming system, the best Gamebooster can do is reduce the impact of background programs on your gaming experience (reduced I/O, less processor usage, etc).

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

How to increase fps

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

try process lasso http://bitsum.com/prolasso.php
http://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php

also disable core parking(2nd link)

another great trick that can help alot is fancycache http://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/fancy-cache/index.html if you have at least 8gb ram, grab fancycache, give the drive gw2 is on 1-2gb cache, use 4k block size, enable delayed write, I set it to 60ms, people recommend 10-600ms as a good range.

this will speed game load times so your not waiting on hdd all the time, if you have 16gb, you can use up to 12gb but i would stick to 8gb, if you like me have 32gb, you can use 16-24gb……

I have found its far more effective then an ssd

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x

How to increase fps

Posted by: jorasko.1475

jorasko.1475

Jazhara Knightmage.4389 is fancycache only for faster loading?!

How to increase fps

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

yes, fancycache will cache the most used files in ram, so they dont need to be loaded from hdd each time, it can really help on systems that have slower hdd’s.

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x