How to report offensive guild name?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Q:

I’ve just encountered an offensive guild name that bypasses the word detection system and I would like to report it as it is a racist name but I could only report the player without any details =/

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

A:

AP is correct. We know it’s not ideal; but sending us a ticket is the absolute best way to get us a bad guild name.

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

For something like an offensive guild, display or pet name, I personally would use the forum support system because as you noticed, there is no way to report these ingame. Be sure to give the Display name, character name, date and time as well as what you are reporting.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Have you guys considered adding an option where we can type the reason for a report when reporting? I’m sure it would end up making your lives easier as well.

Posted by: tkarr.9152

tkarr.9152

I’ve noticed this as well. I don’t report often but when I do there is pretty good reason. But the person receiving the report has no idea of the happenings at the time.
One such instance was a person on WvW calling inappropriate names, I whispered asking what the issue was and after a couple of responses they disappeared. Does not make for pleasant gaming, especially when my kids are online (just starting) here as well.