I Made A Mistake..

I Made A Mistake..

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Keira Wildflower.7304

Keira Wildflower.7304

I tried to do this new stuff you had for precursor making thinking it’d be similar to the same amount of gold it’d cost to buy the precursor, but I’d at least get the experience and the fun of making myself a precursor! This will be an awesome amazing experience!

I was wrong.

It has gone nightmarishly wrong. So far wrong in fact that I am breaking out into anxiety attacks after collecting so much stuff to get myself a precursor and finding out a portion of what I need has no relevance to the precursor but costs nearly a quarter of the precursor it’s self. And it is in the second part of the precursor. And it’s only 10 pieces. That have zero relevance to making the precursor. I will not be able to make progress till I come up with so much gold I could just buy the precursor.

So my request is that you take the achievements away, take the items I’ve made for the precursor stuff, take the recipes away, take the things I’ve bought and crafted with and stash it back on my character or just give me the gold for them and delete theitems or whatever. Just please, RESET MY PRECURSOR HISTORY!!

For the love of all that is pure and holy, I just wasted 3 years, 3 YEARS, and made this mistake because I had no idea that it was this bad. I thought crafting precursors was a good idea! Until I found out how bad of an idea it really is!

I am pleading with you!!! PLEASE!!! I don’t want it to end this way!!! I don’t want anything to do with this crafting precursors thing!!! I just want to be able to reach my goal that will never be fulfilled if I don’t have this reset…

:(

I Made A Mistake..

Posted by: NilSatis.6720

NilSatis.6720

Although I agree the whole legendary crafting process is ridiculous in that it would “cost” you more to do it this way, the whole point in this is that you gather the materials and craft the precursor. i.e. do not buy stuff from the tp. That way you will get a precursor at no gold outlay at all but you will have to take a longer time to do it all. Forcibly so from the time gated parts to the fact there is a massive amount of the basic mats needed to complete the crafting process. This info is everywhere on the web; researching stuff like this is the best way to go about it.
I don’t see how you have “wasted” anything though, you are still further along the process than you were when you started and this is not about buying the things needed with gold but farming the mats yourself. To do it any other way would defeat the point of starting it in the first place.

The cost of the materials is far more than it would be for you to farm gold and buy the precursor outright but there is plenty of information saying this on the internet from a quick search. instead of getting anxious about it, play the game as normal and do a bit of the gathering from time to time and you will eventually get your pre. I am fully in agreement that the requirements are on the ridiculously high side but I’m afraid that is the case with many things in the game

Posting this on the forum isn’t going to help you either, if you think you have a chance of this being reversed submit a ticket but in this case if I was Anet you would be refused.
In any case, it isn’t something to get anxious about; so just take your time and Good luck!

I Made A Mistake..

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This really depends on what Legendary you are going for, if its one of the old ones, then only a few are worth crafting, as it still remains cheaper to craft that to buy them, if its a new Legendary then you have no choice in the matter,

The costs of making the Pre’s are higher at the moment for a few reasons

1, A lot of people are pushing for a new Legendary / Old Legendary, so its pushing costs prices up
2, People are trying to make Ascended Weapons for higher Fractals and or Raids, these also need the Mats that the Pre crafting needs
3, People are making Ascended Armor for Raids, which again also uses the same mats as Pre’s

The excessive push for these items is keeping the costs of Pre crafting higher than normal,

https://www.gw2bltc.com/

Gives you the cost break down of Legendarys

All in all to craft the newer Legendary from start to finish, it about the same as what it costs to buy a Legendary outright, it just seems more because a few stages of crafting need a lot of a certain T7 mat which makes it seem crazy priced.

http://gw2legends.net/

Is also a good website for older Legendarys

I crafted Nevermore, and ill be honest, if I was a newer player I would have given up at the start, Stage 1 required 35 Spiritwood Planks, which is crazy.

I Made A Mistake..

Keira Wildflower.7304

I had originally searched for a breakdown of how much mats they cost. I couldn’t really find much except like the big items that seemed pretty reasonable to make. But considering I’ve stockpiled for 3 years and I have (had) tons of resources to start, it would have taken me another 3 years with the crafting of the precursor.

I am (was) going for dusk and then on to twilight. It costs about 1200 gold to buy dusk. I was at 622 gold when I decided to craft it because everyone I had talked to said it was just as much, if not cheaper to make. Well it turns out that is a bunch of crap. The first part of dusk cost like 25 elonian leather squares and 25 Deldrimor steel ingots. I had most of both of them, but still had to get more materials.

Part 2 of dusk (the part I am at now) requires 40 deldrimor steel ingots (30 of which are so the “master weaponsmith” can ‘see where I’m at’. Not so I can craft a legendary.) Which in cost of mats is 350 gold approximately. That plus what the cost of mats I have already spent for this is close to the cost of the precursor.

I have zero interest in the new legendaries, and this only cements that. My buddy is making H.O.P.E. and just hearing him talk about it almost made me want to quit Guild Wars 2 entirely. It is beyond ridiculous. Even though he can stockpile so many resources it will still take him a ridiculous amount of time to get what he needs to make it.

I originally started building twilight backwards. I would get the mats for the gifts and have everything I need for a legendary ready so when I got the ever so elusive precurser I could make my legendary. That has now gone to crap. And it is stressing me out and I don’t think I should be. But I have little faith in anet solving this for me sadly so I prolly will never get a legendary now because of this and its worse than it was before so idk what I’m gonna do. I make plans and do them because that’s how I work. But my plans got sideswiped by a freight train.

I Made A Mistake..

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

The point of legendarys is just that, to take time to make them.

People complained that precursors were hard to get, so Anet gave them another method, but they certainly cannot make that new method “easy”.

If you really want to quit GW2 over 1 very small part of the game, then you need to really think about many things in your life. You don’t need a legendary to compete. They have the same stats as ascended weapons. So do you really need that skin? Or can you just do all the other features of the game.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

I Made A Mistake..

Keira Wildflower.7304

Legendary is getting buffs because they are giving ascended better stats because its too expensive to be only a smidgen higher than exotic.

When people get 4 precursors in a month and other players don’t even get exotics worth more than 20 gold in 3 years with same playing time then it’s a little stupid. I understand it’s RNG. But, they could make some adjustment.

Making it easy is not the goal. Making the total items required to make the precursor less than buying the precursor outright is the point. Not even halfway to the precursor and I could nearly buy the precursor with what I spend? Yeah, that’s not good.

I collect things and I’m OCD, if I put effort into it I want some sort of reward. Otherwise it’s pointless.

I Made A Mistake..

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Legendary is getting buffs because they are giving ascended better stats because its too expensive to be only a smidgen higher than exotic.

When people get 4 precursors in a month and other players don’t even get exotics worth more than 20 gold in 3 years with same playing time then it’s a little stupid. I understand it’s RNG. But, they could make some adjustment.

Making it easy is not the goal. Making the total items required to make the precursor less than buying the precursor outright is the point. Not even halfway to the precursor and I could nearly buy the precursor with what I spend? Yeah, that’s not good.

I collect things and I’m OCD, if I put effort into it I want some sort of reward. Otherwise it’s pointless.

The point is that when you’re doing the collection for the precursor you’re not supposed to be buying everything. You’re supposed to be collecting it. It’s an alternative route for people who don’t have the gold to just buy one outright. I’m sympathetic to the fact that you didn’t realise that and have since spent an awful lot of gold, but that doesn’t mean you deserve to be reimbursed. Why not continue with it and just stop spending money to get everything? Plenty of players don’t have precursors or legendaries and are doing just fine without them (myself included). As you point out, RNG is RNG. You can play the market, or you can play the game.

I Made A Mistake..

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

They aren’t going to change it. They could have just never done it, but people complained way too much.

The reason it’s so expensive is because of the market, which Anet has 0 control over. You could just go and farm all the materials without buying anything.

If you don’t want to work on it anymore, don’t. But expecting Anet to change something, or reverse what you have done, when they were really honest about the option, PLUS all the guides out there about it is really beyond reasonable expectations.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

I Made A Mistake..

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I had originally searched for a breakdown of how much mats they cost. I couldn’t really find much except like the big items that seemed pretty reasonable to make. But considering I’ve stockpiled for 3 years and I have (had) tons of resources to start, it would have taken me another 3 years with the crafting of the precursor.

I am (was) going for dusk and then on to twilight. It costs about 1200 gold to buy dusk. I was at 622 gold when I decided to craft it because everyone I had talked to said it was just as much, if not cheaper to make. Well it turns out that is a bunch of crap. The first part of dusk cost like 25 elonian leather squares and 25 Deldrimor steel ingots. I had most of both of them, but still had to get more materials.

Part 2 of dusk (the part I am at now) requires 40 deldrimor steel ingots (30 of which are so the “master weaponsmith” can ‘see where I’m at’. Not so I can craft a legendary.) Which in cost of mats is 350 gold approximately. That plus what the cost of mats I have already spent for this is close to the cost of the precursor.

I have zero interest in the new legendaries, and this only cements that. My buddy is making H.O.P.E. and just hearing him talk about it almost made me want to quit Guild Wars 2 entirely. It is beyond ridiculous. Even though he can stockpile so many resources it will still take him a ridiculous amount of time to get what he needs to make it.

I originally started building twilight backwards. I would get the mats for the gifts and have everything I need for a legendary ready so when I got the ever so elusive precurser I could make my legendary. That has now gone to crap. And it is stressing me out and I don’t think I should be. But I have little faith in anet solving this for me sadly so I prolly will never get a legendary now because of this and its worse than it was before so idk what I’m gonna do. I make plans and do them because that’s how I work. But my plans got sideswiped by a freight train.

You’re doing it wrong. Place buy orders for the base materials, not the completed deldrimor steel/elonian leather. You’ll save a lot of gold doing it that way, but you’ll only be able to craft one of each material per day.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

I Made A Mistake..

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

According to this (give it time to load)

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/29185-Dusk

To craft Dusk it will cost you 647gold, that’s if you have to buy everything, as you can farm a good part of it, it should cost less, to buy the Dusk it costs 1000g+, you save a substantial amount of gold crafting,

Like I said, not all Pre’s are cheaper to craft, but some have massive savings.