I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS BLACK SCREEN ISSUE!!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DatDude.9561

DatDude.9561

They had me do countless troubleshooting and still nothing seems to get this game to work properly it’s beginning to become a headache for me now. Already at the point where I just want my money back and take my money somewhere else to a more reliable MMO. Heck they’re free to play mmo games that don’t even do this yet I paid for this game and their still isn’t a solution to my problem.

Posted by: DASKJESSE.9863

DASKJESSE.9863

I understand how you feel man i just wish the next patch will fix this issue with the networking and the black screen issues.

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

Sadly there are issues such as lag, crashing, FPS drops, disconnects, etc that have been here from day 1 and still Anet hasn’t been able/willing to solve them.

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: Kharlus.3612

Kharlus.3612

I’ve post about the same issues man.

I really wish they focus on that instead of new content so many times. The game is becoming more and more unstable for the last 6 months or more here.

Seriously! To the point I simply can’t access and test new features, due the amount of errors, disconnections, black screens, etc….

Meanwhile I’m trying some others, like Rift, The Secret World and SWTOR – this one very, very fun! More than I expected… Unfortunatelly, free account has too many restrictions. But the complete game seems to worth it!

Good luck you all!

(edited by Kharlus.3612)

DatDude.9561

Can use post your computer specs for me. Tech support made it seem like my psu was the problem so I ordered a crosair 600watt psu, so hopefully that does the trick.

Posted by: Kharlus.3612

Kharlus.3612

Hi Dat!

Yeah, I’ve got exactly a 600 watt psu. I don’t think that’ the deal. Prior this one, I used to play with a 400 watts psu without problem. Specially about login and disconnect errors, I truly believe that’s not the case. And I play other heavy demand games, like Battlefield 3 and Skyrim (fully graphic modded with enb series).

Mine is a core i5 3.20, 4 gigs ram, radeon 5750 dd5 1gb. Game runs pretty smooth without AA 40~50 fps average.

By the way.. have you tried to disable core parking? This is a must to pc gamers… Tell me if you need help about it or google as well. The difference is pretty good. Games start to run without micro stuterings, giving us a better gameplay.

DatDude.9561

No I never heard of it as I’m new to being a PC gamer I’ve always been a console gamer. Yeah I’m currently using a 430watt psu now and I don’t have any problems on other games as well. Tech support told me while viewing my speccy report that my psu wasn’t getting enough voltage or something like that, and that could be the cause of the black screens. I guess I’ll wait and see if the 600watt psu makes any difference hoping it does though.

Posted by: sobe.4157

sobe.4157

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ2QFmJ7h0A

There’s your answer

On a serious note, what 600watt PSU did you get? (If you don’t mind either linking it or giving the model # to be sure it’s a good unit)

Also, is the 430watt that you have something that came with a prebuilt PC? (Dell, HP, Gateway, eMachines, etc.)

3770k 4.9ghz | Koolance 380i | NexXxoS XT45 | XSPC D5 Photon | ASUS MVFormula |
Mushkin Black 16gb 1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo |2×2TB CavBlack| GALAX 980 SoC |
NZXT Switch 810 | Corsair HX850 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Beyerdynamic T90

(edited by sobe.4157)

DatDude.9561

You’re just a funny little troll aren’t you

sobe.4157

lol I can be, but please respond to the 2nd portion of my post :P

Mushkin Black 16gb 1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo |2×2TB CavBlack| GALAX 980 SoC |

DatDude.9561

Everything in my PC is custom, I just got it put together a couple of weeks ago. My current psu right now is a 430 watt corsair 80plus bronze, this is the one I ordered today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092ML0OC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

sobe.4157

Ah ok, that’s a pretty solid CWT unit with Samxon caps and a yateloon fan to keep it cooled. Although, honestly your 430 should be more than fine assuming it’s the CX430 as it is the same type of unit as the CX600 with samxon caps.

Assuming it is not dropping voltages on the 12v, 3v, or 5v rails I wouldn’t think it would be the PSU. What specs do you have?

DatDude.9561

This is what the tech support team sent me after reading my speccy report.

Lastly, and the bigger concern, is your voltage reading are off:

Voltage
+3.3V 3.296 V
CPU CORE 1.152 V
VIN2 1.840 V
VIN3 1.435 V <———- Mismatch
+5V 5.718 V
+12V 15.488 V <———— Mismatch
VIN6 2.944 V
VSB3V 3.264 V
CMOS BATTERY 3.264 V

This could indicate a power supply unit issue, which I could definitely see causing complete random shutdowns. I also see evidence of overheating from before the stock speeds were changed. At this point, what I would recommend is you take the machine to a local professional to have it looked over as I don’t think we can properly diagnose the issue for you. We’re limited in what we can do as far as hardware related issues because of the nature of our remote setup.

I’d be happy to answer any further questions for you but again, I think this issue needs to be brought to the attention of a local professional who can do a proper diagnosis of the hardware.

Regards,
Luis
Guild Wars 2 Technical Support

DatDude.9561

CPU- amd athlon x4 750k quad core processor at 3.40ghz
GPU- amd radeon hd 7850
RAM-corsair vengeance 4gb ddr3
OS- windows 7 64bit
Mobo- msi fm2-a75ma-e35
PSU-currently (corsair 430watt) but getting corsair 600watt tomorrow

sobe.4157

Power supplies reporting over 12.60v on the +12v is not out of the ordinary, normally it is simply the motherboard misreading it. If it shows 15, and if it were actually putting out 15v on the 12v, your hardware would be fubared, but I think it’s just a misreading on the motherboard’s side. Only way to get true reading would be with a multimeter.
(The new PSU may report the same)

Out of curiousity, if you have overclocked, have you tested running the game at stock settings?

DatDude.9561

Power supplies reporting over 12.60v on the +12v is not out of the ordinary, normally it is simply the motherboard misreading it. If it shows 15, and if it were actually putting out 15v on the 12v, your hardware would be fubared, but I think it’s just a misreading on the motherboard’s side. Only way to get true reading would be with a multimeter.
(The new PSU may report the same)

Out of curiousity, if you have overclocked, have you tested running the game at stock settings?

No I haven’t since my graphics card is factory overclocked already, I don’t know what would be the stock settings for this card.

sobe.4157

I assumed since the tech talked about overheating he was referring to your cpu, but if it’s your gpu just use EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner to monitor the GPU temps (or another program if you wish, such as GPU-Z, etc.), but I doubt your gpu is at fault here unless it is simply on it’s way out. You can test your GPU for artifacts or glitching by running Furmark gpu stress test.

Outside of that though, I would try upgrading or downgrading your vid card drivers just to try. If you have multiple monitors disconnect the others.

DatDude.9561

Yeah I use MSI Afterburner and everything was running cool, I lowered the cpu power a little and it did start running a little cooler. I don’t think it’s a hardware problem all my parts are only a few weeks old, if anything maybe the psu is faulty. I will find out tomorrow, I hope this can all be fixed.

DatDude.9561

He also sent this to me as well.

Second Your RAM speeds look good but your timings do not look right:

Memory
Type DDR3
Size 4096 MBytes
Channels # Single
DRAM Frequency 666.6 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 9 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 8 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 8 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 20 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 28 clocks
Physical Memory

Above you’re running at 9, 8,8, 20 and 28, but the stock timings should be :

CAS# Latency 9.0
RAS# To CAS# 9
RAS# Precharge 9
tRAS 25
tRC 33

Again possibly not an issue but could be cause for concern.

sobe.4157

Yea loosen your timings a little bit to what he posted for your trcd, trp, tras, and trc. May not make a difference, but possible RAM issues could always be abundantly fun.

For the hell of it after reseting your timings, click Start, type mdsched.exe in the Search box, and then press Enter. Choose to restart the computer and run the tool immediately. This will just get any memory errors out of the way so we know it’s not faulty RAM. Better to run through steps and say certain areas are good rather than glossing over them now and enduring further troubleshooting later.

DatDude.9561

Well how would you go about changing the settings?

sobe.4157

You need to go into your BIOS and edit them or selecting XMP Profile from within your BIOS should also work fine.

Should look something like this for your BIOS:
http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/AS5BG9sef0w/hqdefault.jpg

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

I never recommend buying factory overclocked GPU’s.

Have you tried lowering your GPU clock speeds?

DatDude.9561

I never recommend buying factory overclocked GPU’s.

Have you tried lowering your GPU clock speeds?

Yes I have, I’ve lowered it to stock but still crashed. I disabled my turbo core ratio in the bios for my cpu and I did notice my cpu running cooler so maybe that could be the case.