I bought the CE, I'd like the Heroic items

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: katubug.6378

katubug.6378

I pre-purchased the fancy-dancy Collector’s Edition with the IRL bonus items etc. Paid a pretty penny for it. I’ve been playing since early release and I’ve spent 1900 hours and at least $100 on the game, blah blah normal entitlement stuff.

So cue my jealousy upon seeing that the Heroic edition comes with an 18 slot bag, free gem store armour, and a bunch of boosters! I want those things!

Are we going to be getting them? Because I will honestly feel a bit underappreciated if we don’t. And I know I’m not the only one who reeeeaaally wants them.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Salome.5329

Salome.5329

Hello guys,

This isn’t meant to be churlish and if it’s a no, I will completely understand but I just wanted to ask a wee question.

I noticed today that a new Heroic edition was released of Guild Wars 2, which looks great. (10 experience boosters, Suit of Legacy Armour, Mithrill box) In addition the rewards from the Heroic edition have been rolled into the Digital Deluxe Edition.

I was an original customer of the Digital Deluxe Edition, will I be able to get these additional rewards myself? (as I in essence paid more for the same product, to get less stuff) or is it a case of “early adopter-ship” and thus I will miss out?

Honestly I really don’t mean this as a contentious post. I’m just curious.

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

I am also curious about this, and I do not want to jump to any conclusions. However, I have never heard of any company giving greater rewards to newer customers a year after release for something GW1/2 vets bought pre-release. Those of us that bought digital deluxe from the start would love to know if we should have simply waited to get digital deluxe, for much greater rewards.

Looking forward to an official response, thanks.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

I doubt you will get the additional rewards, I pre-ordered and I don’t expect to get them.

However, I have never heard of any company giving greater rewards to newer customers a year after release for something GW1/2 vets bought pre-release.

Yeah, cause no company does ‘Game of the Year’ releases, or pre-bundle additional items i.e game+add-on regardless of what it is.

Many companies add certain things to entice new people, whether it’s items, weekend buffs or something else.

Kysin.6349

The thing is, this isn’t a new setup or GOTY edition. It is Digital Deluxe that gives you the items, which we already have, so your logic is flawed.

-Blackgate

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The thing is, this isn’t a new setup or GOTY edition. It is Digital Deluxe that gives you the items, which we already have, so your logic is flawed.

Actually, it is the Heroic Edition, not the Digital Deluxe Edition. Although, the Digital Deluxe Edition now includes all items obtained in the Heroic Edition.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

In GW1, when they came out with new editions that had features/items that the older editions did not have they let us purchase just the new additions to add them to our accounts. They could do the same here, just let the old timers buy the armor skins and whatever and add them to their accounts. To do that, they would need some kind of store or something setup however. ;-)

Kysin.6349

In GW1, when they came out with new editions that had features/items that the older editions did not have they let us purchase just the new additions to add them to our accounts. They could do the same here, just let the old timers buy the armor skins and whatever and add them to their accounts. To do that, they would need some kind of store or something setup however. ;-)

Eh, but still those were whole new game expansions. Either way, i’m not mad or anything, i’m just interested to hear from Anet.

Also, it is our GW2 birthday soon

-Blackgate

(edited by Kysin.6349)

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

The Digital Deluxe package is the :

Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill*
Miniature Rytlock
Golem Banker
Chalice of Glory
Tome of Influence

If you buy the upgrade in the store, that’s all you get. It hasn’t changed. All that has changed is that the basic game package is now the “Heroic Edition”

Posted by: Amka.8069

Amka.8069

I think the main difference is the Free armor skin. For I have the Digital Deluxe edition since April 2012. And the Armor Skin was not included. Maybe that’s what makes some upset. 800 Gem worth Armor Skin given away for free to people who buy the Digital Delux now.

Posted by: garmee.7483

garmee.7483

I’m curious about this as well, I pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition and got it at launch, would like to know if I should expect to receive these new bonuses or not. It’s not a big deal to me, but I find it a bit strange that anet didn’t clarify this when they posted about the Heroic edition coming out.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

In the business world, companies sometimes add incentives to draw new customers. It happens all the time. Bought a car a year ago, but this year’s model has parking assist. If I want that new feature, I need to pay to upgrade by getting the newer version of my same car. Same with GW2 accounts. You have last year’s model, and you’re free to upgrade if you wish.

Is this fair? I guess that depends on the person’s own views on things. But one could also argue that if you waited a year to purchase the game, you could have gotten all these bonuses from the time you start playing.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: garmee.7483

garmee.7483

In the business world, companies sometimes add incentives to draw new customers. It happens all the time. Bought a car a year ago, but this year’s model has parking assist. If I want that new feature, I need to pay to upgrade by getting the newer version of my same car. Same with GW2 accounts. You have last year’s model, and you’re free to upgrade if you wish.

Is this fair? I guess that depends on the person’s own views on things. But one could also argue that if you waited a year to purchase the game, you could have gotten all these bonuses from the time you start playing.

I totally agree, my confusion stems from the fact that there’s no “Buy the Heroic edition items” upgrade package in the Gem store. Unless it was added very recently?

Posted by: Carbine.4706

Carbine.4706

We most likely wont be getting them. They didn’t give any other bonus items to us that they ran during other promotions. For example, the Wizards Hat.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Eh, but still those were whole new game expansions. Either way, i’m not mad or anything, i’m just interested to hear from Anet.

Also, it is our GW2 birthday soon

No, they where not. I am not talking about Factions, Nightfall or EOTN. There where other editions of the original game that came with different weapon skins and a few summoning stones. The GOTY edition was a perfect example. It came with additional weapons and a fire imp summoning stone. Eventually you could purchase the additional GOTY items for $5.00. I really don’t see any difference between that and what they are doing with the heroic edition.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I totally agree, my confusion stems from the fact that there’s no “Buy the Heroic edition items” upgrade package in the Gem store. Unless it was added very recently?

But there is an option to buy the heroic edition items, anyone can buy them at any time. It’s only a few dollars. So if Anet offers an “upgrade” to the heroic edition for $10.00, would that make you happy? You could also just purchase gems with that money and have gems left over, or just use in game gold and get them for free.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

We most likely wont be getting them. They didn’t give any other bonus items to us that they ran during other promotions. For example, the Wizards Hat.

Except they did give everyone the wizards hat because so many people made a big issue out of it. In this case, there is no reason to give anyone anything.

Smooth Penguin.5294

I pre-purchased the fancy-dancy Collector’s Edition with the IRL bonus items etc. Paid a pretty penny for it. I’ve been playing since early release and I’ve spent 1900 hours and at least $100 on the game, blah blah normal entitlement stuff.

So cue my jealousy upon seeing that the Heroic edition comes with an 18 slot bag, free gem store armour, and a bunch of boosters! I want those things!

Are we going to be getting them? Because I will honestly feel a bit underappreciated if we don’t. And I know I’m not the only one who reeeeaaally wants them.

See below:

Posted by: JupiterSWarrior.7365

JupiterSWarrior.7365

Except that a car is not a video game. I understand where you’re coming from, but it’s like comparing, well, video games to cars, really. Two totally different things. I would love to get the Heroic edition, but since I’ve got the Digital Deluxe Edition (and that would come with the stuff found in the Heroic Edition), I’d love to be able to get those things as well. That’s my opinion, anyway.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can get all those things. Each and every one of them are for sale in the Gem Store or the Trading Post. You can even get them for free with in-game gold! =)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

1. Did you get what you paid for when you bought the edition that you did?
2. Did the edition you purchased state that you would receive bonus items offered in future editions?

If you answered “yes” and then “no” I think you should know what the answer to your question is.

The Burninator

Smooth Penguin.5294

Except that a car is not a video game. I understand where you’re coming from, but it’s like comparing, well, video games to cars, really. Two totally different things. I would love to get the Heroic edition, but since I’ve got the Digital Deluxe Edition (and that would come with the stuff found in the Heroic Edition), I’d love to be able to get those things as well. That’s my opinion, anyway.

They are different things yes, but I’m speaking in terms of business in general. You got your game at a time when you wanted it, and paid xx price for it. If they lowered the price in a promotion 6 months later, we’re not entitled to a refund of the difference. Just as if there’s a promotion 1 year later. We’re not entitled to the extras just because.

As with my car example, the same applies. Or think about it like computers. CPUs are constantly being upgraded and refined (dual core, quad core, octo core?). Should a company offer a free PC upgrade each year they bring out a newer version of the same model? Just food for thought.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

You can. You have to buy them. You can’t expect a company that has a cash based store to give people free items when they release a new package to try to draw new players to the game.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: katubug.6378

katubug.6378

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not EXPECTING anything. I feel like I am a valuable customer to Arenanet, it’s true. I’ve spent a lot of money on the game, have bought copies for friends and talked other friends into buying their own, etc etc. I did those things because I wanted to, though. Because I thought the game was worth sharing, because I wanted to play with my friends, and so on. I don’t expect Arenanet to bow to my every whim because of how much money I’ve given them.

But my overwhelming impression of Arenanet is that they try to, anyway. That if their existing, loyal playerbase wants something, that they do their darndest to deliver. It’s something that I’ve always appreciated about them, and it’s part of the reason I have no qualms with giving them my money.

So I am registering my respectful request: I would like to have those items. I don’t mind having to pay gems for them, but I don’t need the full Digital Deluxe upgrade – most of those items come with my Collector’s Edition, and I don’t want to pay $20 for items that wouldn’t cost that much otherwise. So if they released an optional upgrade, I’d buy it. I’d still prefer to receive it with the Collector’s Edition, though…I don’t see why not offer them to the existing playerbase, though.

My cable company frequently offers discounts to draw new customers. If I call them and ask for a price match because I’ve been with them for x years, they’re always willing to offer me at least some kind of discount. It’s understandable to want to draw new customers, but you don’t want to leave your existing ones feeling gypped.

Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, and the other gold.

Posted by: KrisV.5612

KrisV.5612

I wouldnt care about the bag or the boosters, dont need those, I have the gold to make the bag but the armor I think they should give us one. Not the crappy Krytan one. Primeval be fine for me

Kris Auditore- 80 Warrior Hawk Ice- Main 80 Ranger
Leader of Immortal Legacy on Blackgate(US)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/immortallegacy/

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

I already bought digital deluxe last year. I really want the heroic edition, if this is included in deluxe that would be great. If not, I would like the opportunity to pay a few more gems to get the other stuff.

I suggest they bring up the price of the digital deluxe for the sake of fairness. Offering more to new customers and leaving the old customers without reward for loyalty sounds too much like Blizzard to me.

Posted by: Algoran.3719

Algoran.3719

I noticed this as well. I’d like to have the 18 slot box. In most cases, when the contents of an item change, the names changes accordingly. The example of the car above is perfect – model name stays the same but the product name doesn’t (2012 Honda Civic vs 2013 Honda Civic). However, in this case ANet is still calling it the Digital Deluxe Edition. I have a friend who I’m trying to get into GW2. She’s in the trial weekend and asked how much the game was. I pulled up the page to show her the different levels and told her that my wife and I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition. I then saw the list of items included and thought “What? I didn’t get this…”

Normally, pre-order people get incentives/exclusives. I guess for us it was only the 3-day headstart and now there are different incentives. It’s disappointing since it’s something that ANet could easily “mitigate” given how fast/easily they jumped on the karma issue from the last update or the missing Southsun LS event reward.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I asked about this today at a Business Team meeting. Those who purchased the Collector’s Edition are valued customers, for sure! But remember, there were a lot of goodies in that box, and it’s not customary, even if necessarily good business, to continue to give free items for a purchase made a year ago. I can’t think of any other business that would do that, that would say “I see you purchased a mixer a year ago. We’ve developed a handy new accessory and we’re sending it to you for free.”

And by the way, I’m proud to say that at the time it was released, our CE was hailed as “the best in the industry” with having so many nice in-game and physical features.

Sure, it’d be nice to continue to get free stuff for a purchase made in the past. I could see why you would want to get these things for free, but I hope you understand why that isn’t going to happen. Keep in mind that the items are available in the Gem Store or on the Trading Post, so you can get them for in-game gems, in any case I can think of.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

But there is an option to buy the heroic edition items, anyone can buy them at any time. It’s only a few dollars. So if Anet offers an “upgrade” to the heroic edition for $10.00, would that make you happy?

Yes. Yes, it would.
I want to be “heroic.”

It’s bad enough that I keep seeing the Digital Deluxe Edition promotion (on sale for a limited time, only 1600 gems!) every time I open up the trading post window. I have the Collector’s Edition, which I did not purchase out of a desire to have the items it came with (like the super-cool special emotes!), but out of sheer enthusiasm for the franchise. I was totally pumped, you know? But now I can “upgrade” to the Digital Deluxe Edition for the limited-time price of $20.

How can I become “Heroic”? As a devoted fan, I want to upgrade my account as much as I can. I had the Guild Wars: Nightfall Pre-Release Bonus Pack, the Game of the Year Upgrade, etc. in the original Guild Wars.

Oh! So I should just buy a bag, an armor skin, and some boosters from the in-game store? Well, that’s nice and all, but… “Heroic”? If they’re going to name it something like “Heroic Edition,” does that mean that it’s somehow more heroic than previous editions? Does having a previous edition (even Collector’s) make me somehow less heroic? And does buying a $10 armor skin, some boosters, and a [really, “ankittenhril”?] mithril box actually make up the difference in heroism that was lost by having purchased a “lesser” edition?

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi Gaile, recently you closed a post after talking to your marketing dept. The question was if owners off the original digital deluxe edition get the items for free. The answer was obvious no and I totally understand why. However you said that all items can be purchased ingame.

That is also very true. What I’m worried bout is the pricing.
If someone owns the old digital edition they can upgrade to deluxe for 1600 gems (current sale-offer, normally 2000 gems). They will recieve all items that comes with the heroic edition (according to the in game description), AND all the extra things like mistfire wolf and mini rytlock.

Someone who has the old digital deluxe edition can’t upgrade to the new edition.
So they have to buy the items manually.
a: one of the armor skins: 500 gems
b: 10 experience boosters: 2×550 gems = 1100 gems
c: Mitril box (no gemstore item, but TP price: 2g45s

This means in my opinion an unfair advantage for those who bought the cheaper digital edition. People who bought the digital deluxe edition paid 20 euro/usdollar more. Now they have to pay that again (ignoring the mithril box).

So I’m asking you to (or actually the marketing team) to reconsider. My personal suggestion would be to add a heroic upgrade to the gemstore. I think 1000 gems is a reasonable price. Basicly this package will give you the armor, the 10 experience boosters and the mithril box.

Sorry to re-open this discussion, but hope you understand.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Salome.5329

Salome.5329

Not to push a point, but I would also like to suggest you amend the title of the digital deluxe version to what the OP suggested here in their thread title, that of “Digital Deluxe Heroic Edition”.

My original inquiry concerning being given the extra items stemmed from the fact that by title alone, this is not a new product, as it shares the exact same title as the one I purchased. I understand and accept your response as to why those items will not be included for those of us who purchased the original digital deluxe product, but I would also agree with the OP, that to buy those items manually is somewhat cost intensive in relation to those of us who already own the game and somewhat disproportionate to the gain given to new players.

I agree with the OP’s suggestion of adding a Heroic upgrade to the shop as a one off purchase. Price it in gems at about the 500-750 gem rate. (I’m suggesting lower than the OP, as people have already paid for the game and paying for an upgrade to reach the same level of reward as new players, should not be hyper expensive)

I personally would be happy to spend some gems on the upgrade as long as it was within that range.

Posted by: Instructorwrath.5184

Instructorwrath.5184

I recently purchase GW2 to play with a friend. It has been less then a month since I purchased it. If I knew they where going to be adding new items I would have delayed my purchase of the digital deluxe edition and just upgraded. In my opinion, I feel that I have paid for items/service that has not been rendered.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

But there is an option to buy the heroic edition items, anyone can buy them at any time. It’s only a few dollars. So if Anet offers an “upgrade” to the heroic edition for $10.00, would that make you happy?

Yes. Yes, it would.
I want to be “heroic.”

It’s bad enough that I keep seeing the Digital Deluxe Edition promotion (on sale for a limited time, only 1600 gems!) every time I open up the trading post window. I have the Collector’s Edition, which I did not purchase out of a desire to have the items it came with (like the super-cool special emotes!), but out of sheer enthusiasm for the franchise. I was totally pumped, you know? But now I can “upgrade” to the Digital Deluxe Edition for the limited-time price of $20.

How can I become “Heroic”? As a devoted fan, I want to upgrade my account as much as I can. I had the Guild Wars: Nightfall Pre-Release Bonus Pack, the Game of the Year Upgrade, etc. in the original Guild Wars.

Oh! So I should just buy a bag, an armor skin, and some boosters from the in-game store? Well, that’s nice and all, but… “Heroic”? If they’re going to name it something like “Heroic Edition,” does that mean that it’s somehow more heroic than previous editions? Does having a previous edition (even Collector’s) make me somehow less heroic? And does buying a $10 armor skin, some boosters, and a [really, “ankittenhril”?] mithril box actually make up the difference in heroism that was lost by having purchased a “lesser” edition?

I am hoping your trying to be sarcastic. If you are, very funny. If your being serious, I am at a loss for words how sad I feel for you.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I recently purchase GW2 to play with a friend. It has been less then a month since I purchased it. If I knew they where going to be adding new items I would have delayed my purchase of the digital deluxe edition and just upgraded. In my opinion, I feel that I have paid for items/service that has not been rendered.

About 3 months ago I purchased a membership package at a gym. Not long after that I saw an advert where they were offering the same package but also included a bi-weekly session with a personal trainer. Of course I thought I might as well enquire but was informed it was for a promotional package only. It would have been nice had I known and could have chosen to wait but I can’t predict the future. I still have access to my gym and everything else I paid for. That’s just how these things work.

The Burninator

ShiningSquirrel.3751

New things are added to many purchases all the time. You can wait until all things have been added, in which case you would never be able to purchase any product ever again, or purchase the version available at the time you want it. You got exactly what you paid for. You can feel unhappy that a newer version is now available, but you still got what you paid for.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Lets just review what you are missing.
a: 10 hours of +50% experience form kill’s. Lets asume a level cost 1 hour. but you only gain 35% from kill’s. This means 3 level’s you get easier with a new character or 3 skillpoints on a level 80.
b: a bag that cost 2-3 gold, that is bout 1 round of chaos clockwork
c: a fancy look from the start (keep in mind, new players need transmutation stones and 6 transmutations gems to keep the look at new armor while they level).

My point is that it isn’t a big deal. Most of us started 1 year ago when we where all the same. New people joining now have the disadvantage that they don’t look nice (yet), dont have money for big bag’s (yet) and can’t do end game content (yet). I don’t envy them for getting this boost.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

(edited by mercury ranique.2170)

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

I think the main difference is the Free armor skin. For I have the Digital Deluxe edition since April 2012. And the Armor Skin was not included. Maybe that’s what makes some upset. 800 Gem worth Armor Skin given away for free to people who buy the Digital Delux now.

Incorrect.

It’s an 800 gem skin to people who buy the game now. It might be included in the in-game store’s upgrade, but it’s also in the basic “Heroic” version.