I dont know what is going on!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Bioanian.7016

Bioanian.7016

Last night I was just playing my game as usual, then suddenly I get this HUGE lag spike. Then I get disconnected. Now when ever I try logging in, I get pop up window telling me that there is a error that is keeping my game from running and asks me to send a report to arena net.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Have you tried running the -repair command?

Bioanian.7016

How do I do so threw windows 7?

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Sorry for the late reply,

Go to your GW2.exe file, and right click it and select properties, in the Target line it will say something like

“C:\GUILD WARS 2\Gw2.exe”
add the following to it
“C:\GUILD WARS 2\Gw2.exe” -repair

Select apply and ok, then run GW2 again this time it will verify the games archive etc, remember to remove the -repair command before running the game again or it will repeat the process,

Hope this makes sense, and hope it helps.

Bioanian.7016

its going threw over 200,000 files. I hope this works. :\

—update—

It didn’t work. It’s telling me that I can’t log in and it’s most commonly caused by a router issue. Strange thing is, guild wars 2 is the only game having this issue.
update 2

I just restarted my computer. It allowed me to log in and hit play this time but when I tried connecting to a server from character selection screen. The “send report to arenaNet” window popped up again and the game is currently loading in the loading screen but it’s going no where.

Update 3—-

I just completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the game and I am still having these issues. Nothing goes wrong until I log into a character. That is when I get a “Massive error is keeping this game from running” Once the game closes it’s self down. I can not log in unless if I restart my computer.

(edited by Bioanian.7016)