I give up! Sorry Anet support.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lenardius.1098

Lenardius.1098

I experience lag almost all the time only in WvW. Just about 10mins ago I was fighting 2 guys outside spawn in EB with some other player on my server (like a 3vs5). I kept lagging all the time, delayed response and rubber banding yet my ping is around 300. I’ve had spikes from 1000 to 3500 on its worse days.

I keep getting told its my connection yet I only have this problem with this game only. I do all the support testing, mtr, startup modification, bypass router straight to my fibernode using ethernet cable, changing of GW2 server IP’s driver updates the whole lot and the finger is pointed my way to my ISP in the end. The ports 80, 443 and 6112 are not restricted both inbound and outbound. I have checked twice with my ISP and they do no such thing to block/restrict these ports. I’ve even lowered my firewall settings myself too to low on my router.

The thing that really irks me too are these support tickets I raise. When I do all the testing they close very quick that I cant provide a rating if i’m satisfied or not. It looks as if Anet doesn’t take into account different timezone (i’m in Australia)?

I just feel i’m going around in circles. One thing im told and from the logs I see is that that cits between my ISP and Anet servers . I’ve had lag and it was tolerable but ever since the April updates its just getting unplayable.

I dont know if anyone is having the same thing?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It’s probably not your ISP. It’s one of the nodes your ISP takes to get to Anets servers. Such as level 3 in Texas or Telianet. Anet can’t do anything about this. Your ISP has some power here since they have an agreement with the node to use the service. However it’s unlikely they will do much of anything.

Posted by: Godric.3619

Godric.3619

This issue is affecting a lot of people. Tired of hearing people claim it’s an issue with their connection, or ISP, or a hop, etc. No other game requires you to go in depth with internet tech and try to solve problems like this. These kinds of things are supposed to be dealt with on the developers end, console gamers aren’t required to do these things with any game they play. And no other PC I play has either

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

This issue is affecting a lot of people. Tired of hearing people claim it’s an issue with their connection, or ISP, or a hop, etc. No other game requires you to go in depth with internet tech and try to solve problems like this. These kinds of things are supposed to be dealt with on the developers end, console gamers aren’t required to do these things with any game they play. And no other PC I play has either

The thing is, if it was ANet’s end, a LOT more people would be affected. As in, most everyone.

The internet is like the roads. I take a different path to work than my manager does, but at one point, our paths will cross. If an accident takes place before the point where our routes converge on my side, I’ll take longer to get to work, but she won’t be affected. But if it happens after that point, we’d both be affected.

So it all boils down to what paths people who have the issue have converge. The more people who send in reports and give ANet the details they need, the faster they can narrow the issue down so that they can inform those affected to contact their ISP to get them to put pressure on the people who own the affected nodes. Since ISP’s are the ones with the contracts with them, not ANet.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

There’s nothing wrong with being ignorant on this subject. Honestly I knew nothing about it two years ago and made a post where I complained about the servers and my connection relating to a patch. But correlation does not prove causation and another poster gave me a better idea of how the internet works as well as my connection. I then did my own research on it and found it to be true.

We are trying to educate here. There is nothing wrong with ignorance. But to continue arguing about this topic after being educated is not ignorance, but instead stupidity. I’m not directing his post at anyone just replying with this in case someone wants to start argueing rather than educating themselves.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Godric.3619

So what are all of us, the people experiencing this issue, supposed to do? The ISP won’t do anything, we’ve tried everything we have been told to try on the Forum, I don’t know lol. Just uninstall and give away our stuff?

Seera.5916

So what are all of us, the people experiencing this issue, supposed to do? The ISP won’t do anything, we’ve tried everything we have been told to try on the Forum, I don’t know lol. Just uninstall and give away our stuff?

The bus that you’re on is on the route that has had an accident that’s slowing traffic down (or causing it to stop).

Other players are on a different bus that takes a route that avoids the accident.

Godric.3619

Well that was cryptic. How do you get on the bus that avoids the accident -_-

Seera.5916

Well that was cryptic. How do you get on the bus that avoids the accident -_-

Basically, I believe you have to figure out which node the “accident” is on and harass your ISP who has contracts with the node’s owner to get the node back in working condition. The more information you have the better luck you’ll have with the ISP.

The ISP holds the power due to those contracts.

Other ways are to use VPN’s as you’ll be routed differently. The only problem there is I believe ANet sees the VPN’s IP and not yours and if that VPN IP has been used on a bad account at one point you could get caught in the crossfire when ANet deals with the bad account. Don’t quote me on that, though, as I’m only 80% confident in the statement.

Godric.3619

It’s all so crazy lol, no consumer of a product should have to work so hard to enjoy it after paying.

Update: My girlfriend, sitting next to me on her 5 year old Mac laptop (graphics on low), using the same wireless connection is able to play on her account AND MINE with no issues. I switch over the my PC, an disconnects on my account AND HERS. We are sitting next to each other, using the same connection, at the same time. What does this mean? If the problem was the ISP or a “hop” shouldn’t she be experiencing the same issues?

Posted by: Whitefang.4968

Whitefang.4968

godric, you asked what you need to do. the only major thing you can do is wait until its fixed on that particular node.

but if you want to take another route, use pingplotter, figure out which node is having problem and use another. i am not entirely sure anet agrees with such third party applications but alot people uses them. to take different routes, there are some free ones that can be used for 1 month without paying. that is the only thing you can do.

i know its tough, but i had the same problem for me and it took 3 months to fix. and worst of it, you cannot find anyone agreeing to it being their fault, its al too sketchy.

Posted by: Lenardius.1098

Lenardius.1098

Thanks for all the input. I kinda feel like its made out to be my fault as a player/ consumer where all I want it to be is to work for most of the time for as long as it can. i think thats a fair statement for any online game. I understand that probably all parties may not be able to do as much as they’d like but that doesn’t mean there can’t be a solution.

I shouldn’t have to change IP’s, get VPN for just this game or constantly harass my ISP searching and asking them to fix an anomaly somewhere..

To wait X amount of months…. sounds a little bit insane. I’ll hop in the game, test it out but I ain’t going to bother with this game if its 6-12 months later with the same performance.. Theres no point torturing myself. it would be sad though. I really like this game. my first MMO and probably the longest hours i put on any game ever in my life and probably the most money over a long period of time I’ve invested in (small gem purchase once in a while ). Just my thoughts.

Seera.5916

Thanks for all the input. I kinda feel like its made out to be my fault as a player/ consumer where all I want it to be is to work for most of the time for as long as it can. i think thats a fair statement for any online game. I understand that probably all parties may not be able to do as much as they’d like but that doesn’t mean there can’t be a solution.

I shouldn’t have to change IP’s, get VPN for just this game or constantly harass my ISP searching and asking them to fix an anomaly somewhere..

To wait X amount of months…. sounds a little bit insane. I’ll hop in the game, test it out but I ain’t going to bother with this game if its 6-12 months later with the same performance.. Theres no point torturing myself. it would be sad though. I really like this game. my first MMO and probably the longest hours i put on any game ever in my life and probably the most money over a long period of time I’ve invested in (small gem purchase once in a while ). Just my thoughts.

That’s why you do some of the work and tell them which node, which you can get if you do your research, which does include talking with ANet.

Seera.5916

It’s all so crazy lol, no consumer of a product should have to work so hard to enjoy it after paying.

Update: My girlfriend, sitting next to me on her 5 year old Mac laptop (graphics on low), using the same wireless connection is able to play on her account AND MINE with no issues. I switch over the my PC, an disconnects on my account AND HERS. We are sitting next to each other, using the same connection, at the same time. What does this mean? If the problem was the ISP or a “hop” shouldn’t she be experiencing the same issues?

Then it sounds like it may be your computer or for some unknown reason, your girlfriend’s Mac goes on a different route.

Because if it was on ANet’s side, everyone would be affected and there would be tons more threads on this issue.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Then it sounds like it may be your computer or for some unknown reason, your girlfriend’s Mac goes on a different route.

Because if it was on ANet’s side, everyone would be affected and there would be tons more threads on this issue.

Yeah it could be his onboard network card going bad or the cable that connects the computer to the router. Try swapping out the cable and use a different port on the router and see if that changes anything.

Seera.5916

Yeah it could be his onboard network card going bad or the cable that connects the computer to the router. Try swapping out the cable and use a different port on the router and see if that changes anything.

As to why only GW2 in this case, GW2 may have a lower threshold for lost packets or shorter intervals where it determines if you’re still connected than the other games you play.

Have your girlfriend play her account on your computer to see as well.