I have lost everything.

I have lost everything.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

My vindictive ex-boyfriend has gotten revenge on me for breaking up with him in the form of deleting absolutely everything on my account, including lots of gem store items and my legendary weapon. I have put in a support ticket but I have not yet received a response. I have a list (which is incomplete) of the things I have lost.

*2 sets of Zodiac armor — soldier’s stats with Soldier’s runes (heavy) & assassin’s stats with Scholar runes (medium)
*3 sets of human tier 3 cultural armor — soldier’s stats with Soldier’s runes, berserker’s stats with Scholar runes (both heavy) & assassin’s with Scholar runes (medium)
*Sunrise
*Lovestruck staff — soldier’s stats with Sigil of Restoration
*Lovestruck hammer
*Grizzlemouth’s Razor — with Sigil of Bloodlust
*Sovereign Crescent
*Soulshard
*Imryldyeen — Sigil of Bloodlust
*Kasmeer’s staff — soldier’s stats with Sigil of Restoration
*Anura & Chalice of the Gods — berserker stats (both) with Sigil of force (I am not 100% sure of this) (scepter) & Bloodlust (focus)
*Endless quaggan tonic
*Ascended trinkets — Halfmead’s Mug, Celestial Sigil, Healing Signet, Call of the Wild, Zinn’s Data Crystal, Experiment ZX-27115
*Exotic trinkets — 2 Sams, 2 Berserker’s Rings of the Berserker
*Guild kite, Lightning kite, Sun kite
*Transmutation crystals (I think 4 of them?)
*1 Gift of Exploration
*Red balloon
*Infinite Watchknight Tonic

What is the likelihood that I am going to get these things back..? I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on the gem store whether it was to buy items or to convert gems to gold. To see it all gone is so upsetting and disheartening.

Incursiƶn [iN]

I have lost everything.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m assuming here he logged onto your computer and you had ‘remember account name and remember password’ enabled. In this case, unfortunately, you may have lost everything. They do give account rollbacks if an account is hacked by someone from another computer. If he logged onto your computer and did this then they don’t. Items bought with real money might possibly be restored but that’s all.

It sounds like you are very much better off without him and maybe should consider the loss of your items a price well worth paying to learn this early rather than later.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

I have lost everything.

Posted by: Sharpe.1485

Sharpe.1485

What is the likelihood that I am going to get these things back..? I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on the gem store whether it was to buy items or to convert gems to gold. To see it all gone is so upsetting and disheartening.

Not very likely I’d say. You’re not supposed to have other people accessing your account (as in giving them your details).

My sister deleted a character I had (lvl 80) by mistake and support basically said “Tough luck” and rightly so.

I have lost everything.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The Support Agents have no way of verifying your claims that “someone else” did the actions you claim. Similar to the “evil little brother” claim. That said, you should submit a ticket, and hope for the best.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

I have lost everything.

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

He did not go onto my computer. We were in a long-distance relationship. He did it from his own, 3,000 miles away from my location.

Incursiƶn [iN]

I have lost everything.

Astral Projections.7320

Hmmm. A bit iffy since you undoubtably gave him your account information at some point and if you have IP authorization, you ok’d him logging in on your account on his computer. However you may have a case for a Account Restoration (an account rollback). Only support can tell you for sure.

I do so hope you have changed your password though.

I have lost everything.

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

He did not go onto my computer. We were in a long-distance relationship. He did it from his own, 3,000 miles away from my location.

Hhmm, stick with your ticket, chances are looking up with this.

But we can’t say for sure, we can only give advise here.

@Astral, I don’t think it’s fair to just say that the account info was given to him. We don’t know that and it’s non of our business. Even if it is true, it’s still up to support.

I have lost everything.

Astral Projections.7320

@Astral, I don’t think it’s fair to just say that the account info was given to him. We don’t know that and it’s non of our business. Even if it is true, it’s still up to support.

Well what are the odds that he managed to guess her email, password and get pass her IP authorization if she has that set up? Pretty slim imo if she already hadn’t given access to her account to him.

I have lost everything.

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Well what are the odds that he managed to guess her email, password and get pass her IP authorization if she has that set up? Pretty slim imo if she already hadn’t given access to het account to him.

I don’t know and honestly I don’t care because it is not up to me to find out. What I meant is that you can’t just accuse someone and I don’t think it should be happening on a forum. It’s just not right.
I’m not saying any more about that.

I have lost everything.

Astral Projections.7320

Well what are the odds that he managed to guess her email, password and get pass her IP authorization if she has that set up? Pretty slim imo if she already hadn’t given access to het account to him.

I don’t know and honestly I don’t care because it is not up to me to find out. What I meant is that you can’t just accuse someone and I don’t think it should be happening on a forum. It’s just not right.
I’m not saying any more about that.

I wasn’t accusing, I was explaining. I was just trying to explain to her that if she did give her account information away to him (and I thought it was highly likely she did since it would be very difficult for him to get into her account otherwise) she might not have a good chance for an Account rollback, seeing as that is against TOS.

I have lost everything.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I’m so sorry that someone was so cruel to you!

The team will review the situation carefully. Do be aware, as others have said and as I just wrote in another thread, if there was any sharing of the account, it will be reflected on the account history and will probably render you ineligible for a refund. Again, I’m very sorry for the losses you sustained.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet