in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aethrin.2758

Aethrin.2758

I need a support member to ad my tickets
I’ve been disconnecting a hacker from my account for the past 10 minutes
I’ve send the support the IP address etc
So please I NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE
he’s hacked my account since 2/28th
and who knows what he has done already i had paid over 300 bucks or more in gems already!

I need support bddly please check the emails

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m afraid support doesn’t work from this forum. This forum is primarily for issues that have already been handled by support but need additional attention from Gaile for various reasons. They also are used by people to get quick answers from Guild Wars 2 players who read the forums.

But for what it’s worth
1) run a security scan of your computer. Be sure to check for keyloggers.
2) If you found a keylogger, change the email password.
3) change your game password now if possible or when you get your account back from support if not.
4) if you don’t have IP authorization, look into setting that up if possible.

It will probably take a day or two for you to get your account back. It’s important that your computer be secure before this happens. Once you get it back and your computer is secure you can ask for an Account Rollback which will return your account to the state it was before the hack. You only get one of these per account so if your computer is not secure and you get hacked again you will not get a second one.

Aethrin.2758

Well the problem is i do have my account back but i have been dropping this hacker forever now. and i can’t even redownload the game client it seems that it just says error now
(i had to get a new HDD)
and it’s frustrating i put back an authenticator i put my email and i don’t get why he’s allowed to log in he’s not even in my Authorized Networks

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Is he still able to log into your account? Or is he trying?

Either way, it will not help if you keep sending emails to support, you need to update your first ticket. Sending more tickets is not allowed and will only slow down everything.

It might be a good idea for you to make a new safe email address and ask support (in your original ticket!) to change your email for you. If the hacker doesn’t have your new email, he can’t log in but you will indeed need to be sure that your pc is safe!

Aethrin.2758

well it keeps showing that KR (—————-) 9 minutes ago Disconnect you know the entire time i press Dc it’s gone and then it comes back
idk they have replied to any email yet i’ve send a few i even replied on the hacker’s email saying REALLY YOU JUST GAVE OUT MY ACCOUNT BY REMOVING MY AUTHENTICATOR ???? from support and i’m so worried

Aethrin.2758

I have done a full system scan on my PC there seems to be nothing

SandraSolace.7682

Again, stop sending more then 1 ticket! Close all tickets except the first one. You are not helping yourself by sending more.

Make sure you also check your junk email and be patient. Like Astral said, the forum itself can’t fix this.

Aethrin.2758

i did i went into support for that.

SandraSolace.7682

i did i went into support for that.

I’m really sorry but I am really lost now.

You said you sent multiple emails to support, not just 1.

So please explain, what exactly have you done up until now? I understand you are frustrated but it also makes your posts hard to figure out.

Aethrin.2758

You just told me that i had to close the other emails send right..?
So i tried to do that in Support as you asked me to.
Now i’m patiently waiting for them to reply to my Email i had send 3 hours ago…

And wondering how that person is still able to sit in my [Current Logins]
, KR (—————-) 4 minutes ago
While the Phone Authenticator was reinstated and the Password was changed.
Since when a new Authenticator is set up he should be asked to put in the code to use it right?

SandraSolace.7682

Okay, I get it now, thanks!

Yeah, there should be a code and unless he has it, he can’t log in.

You also said something about not being able to download the game, was that before or after all this started with the hacker?

Aethrin.2758

Well i just redownloaded the game since my friend had said “Heya —-- i got GW2 you got that right?” so i had to add it back on my PC since i had lost all of my DATA once in a HDD failure
I’ve bought a new one and just didn’t get to downloading GW2 back.
So i had accessed my account some time ago round the 25th
to download the client but i never fully downloaded it (my own mistake)
so then i try to log in now since he finally had paid and got it
and my password was invalid etc
but as i downloaded at 20% i seemed to have a error and it wouldn’t finish download(sadly cause it’s such a big game too ugh and it won’t go back to where it was)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Whenever you restart a download, the percentage counter resets to zero, as it is counting files still needed to download. (It doesn’t count the files you already downloaded.) So, it always starts at zero, but if you look at the number of files remaining to download, you will see that number is smaller each time.

Also, if your friend is close, you could just copy his .dat file, and avoid the big download. Good luck.

Aethrin.2758

thank you on that one inculpatus

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are welcome. =) Hope that helps.

Posted by: Zodiac Blackstar.2784

Zodiac Blackstar.2784

And please, please, please – Do not re-use ANY password. Ever.

It does not matter how long or complicated or amazing your password is. These days, your passwords are often not hacked, they are simply known.

Check this out: http://www.zdnet.com/stolen-passwords-re-used-to-attack-best-buy-accounts-7000000741/

Your password can be Hz639Zve%jdLr$gs74kHFZ – if I know it is Hz639Zve%jdLr$gs74kHFZ , and, worse, if I know your e-mail (which then is also protected by Hz639Zve%jdLr$gs74kHFZ ) I have free access to EVERYTHING.

If they are able to kick you out:

• Secure your email first!!
  • Log into your account management and dis-allow your old IPs that have access. ( https://account.guildwars2.com/account/security )
  • Contact CS. They will NEVER be as fast as you are, so your own precautions are the best thing you can do :\

goes remind the guild of this in the MOTD

Aethrin.2758

Yes i know that thank you very much

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

1: Change the email password of your GW2 email linked account.
2: Change the password here….My Account (that also changes your GW2 log in password).

The new passwords should be at least 12 characters and don’t us ANYTHING you have ever used before on any website (that’s how most accounts get hacked….reused passwords associated with a common email address).

That should keep anyone from being able to “hack” your account while you are attempting to get support to help you (if further help is needed).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances