I never received my +20% Magic Find Item

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

On my account at start I never received my +20% Magic Find Increase Item. When I start a new character I thought I was suppose to get a +20% magic find item

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

On my account at start I never received my +20% Magic Find Increase Item. When I start a new character I thought I was suppose to get a +20% magic find item

The magic find bonus was once per account, not per character.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The magic find bonus was once per account, not per character.

Not only that, but the +20% only applies if your account is at 0% MF. Otherwise, it will be a lesser percentage.

Roguefire.8174

This is my first and only character… and it was at 0% MF at start…

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact CS for assistance. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request. Good luck.

Roguefire.8174

Also my wifes account never received one as well. Should I submit a separate ticket for her aswell?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Also my wifes account never received one as well. Should I submit a separate ticket for her aswell?

No, she would have to submit her own ticket. You can’t do it for her.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Wasn’t that a one time thing, when the MF gear got removed, to compensate for it?

I think if you created your account/characters after that, you may not recieve the bonus.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Please submit a ticket concerning your account, and ask your wife to submit one for her concerns. We need to work with the account holder, for the most responsible level of account security. Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: That Other Guy.7351

That Other Guy.7351

Don’t hold your breath; my account has existed since beta and I never got my 20% magic find either. I made a support ticket and 3 GMs gave me copy and paste responses one of which didn’t even read my ticket until finally GM Barracuda answered my ticket:

“Can you please check all of your characters to see if you find the essence of luck on any of them. You are meant to get it on just one character and it’s available for the whole account. I consulted with my superior and even though I want to assist you with your issue, this item is not one that can be restored.”

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Don’t hold your breath; my account has existed since beta and I never got my 20% magic find either. I made a support ticket and 3 GMs gave me copy and paste responses one of which didn’t even read my ticket until finally GM Barracuda answered my ticket:

“Can you please check all of your characters to see if you find the essence of luck on any of them. You are meant to get it on just one character and it’s available for the whole account. I consulted with my superior and even though I want to assist you with your issue, this item is not one that can be restored.”

This is something you got in the mail It would take too much date mining to determine if your current level of Magic Find was due to normal salvaged luck, or partly due to the free luck Anet mailed to you. Most likely you used them, and forgot about it.

As for the OP, it’s possible he deleted the mail that contained them. In that case, he should contact Support.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: That Other Guy.7351

That Other Guy.7351

I didn’t use them I never got them and I had like 3% MF at the time of my last message with support. They simply aren’t willing to provide it to anyone who didn’t receive it like they were supposed to. I have friends who never got theirs either.

Roguefire.8174

On my account and my wife’s account which was created in Febuary of 2013, I never received my +20% Magic Find Increase Item. I filled out a ticket over a week ago for me and my wife and got an email saying that we successfully recieved them which we didn’t. Whenever I create a new character it starts at 0% magic find.

I’m not sure why we are both unable to get a new one since its very obvious we never received them.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi,
I’m going to ask you to first update the original ticket. It is important to keep having a dialogue with support.

If this dialogue doesn’t lead anywhere and if the ticket is older then 72 hours, pls post the ticketnumber in the the sticky thread (tickets for review)

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

It’s a slim chance, since you’re both having the issue, but the 20% Magic Find item will appear in the mailbox of the first character you logged into after the update. I had logged into a rarely-used alt to check something and it took me awhile to figure out that’s where it was.

Is it possible you’ve deleted characters that it may have been on?

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Roguefire.8174

It’s a slim chance, since you’re both having the issue, but the 20% Magic Find item will appear in the mailbox of the first character you logged into after the update. I had logged into a rarely-used alt to check something and it took me awhile to figure out that’s where it was.

I guess its possible, but either way since it didn’t get applied to my account, i should receive a new one. Why don’t they just apply the 20% automatically to all characters at start?

mercury ranique.2170

I guess its possible, but either way since it didn’t get applied to my account, i should receive a new one. Why don’t they just apply the 20% automatically to all characters at start?

uhm, not sure what you mean, but magic find is account bound, not soulbound, they changed that at the same time as the free 20 MF was given. So thats why I also find it strange that you talk bout having 0 magic find when you start a new character. all your character have the same (unless you run some booster).

bluestocking.6148

uhm, not sure what you mean, but magic find is account bound, not soulbound, they changed that at the same time as the free 20 MF was given. So thats why I also find it strange that you talk bout having 0 magic find when you start a new character. all your character have the same (unless you run some booster).

Right, but in order to get that on your account in the first place, there was an item that boosted you to 20%. He never got that item. Thus his account is at 0% (I’m assuming you haven’t used any Essence of Luck since, OP?) So applying the 20% to the account automatically actually makes a lot of sense, instead of giving you an easily-lost (based on posts I’ve seen) item.

mercury ranique.2170

Right, but in order to get that on your account in the first place, there was an item that boosted you to 20%. He never got that item. Thus his account is at 0% (I’m assuming you haven’t used any Essence of Luck since, OP?) So applying the 20% to the account automatically actually makes a lot of sense, instead of giving you an easily-lost (based on posts I’ve seen) item.

Blue,
I was asking it cause I have a suspicion the OP isn’t sure where to look. He said in his initial post that all his characters start at 0% magic find. this is untrue (assuming your account has any magic find) cause it is accountbound. He repeated it again in a later post, so I want to make sure he is seeing what we are all seeing. Misinterpetation off the system can also cause that two people who happen to be married have the same ‘unique’ issue.

bluestocking.6148

I don’t know why you’re assuming his account has any MF when he’s said it does not. If someone never redeemed the original MF item, and never redeemed any essence of luck, then the account would be at zero and any characters made would have zero. He says he is unable to find the original MF-booster, and thus has never applied any MF to his account.

I was saying that since it is accountbound (and thus applies to all characters), his suggestion of just automatically applying it to the account made sense.

Now, if he has been redeeming Essence of Luck and characters are still showing no MF, then either something else is going on or he’s looking at the wrong thing.

(edited by bluestocking.6148)

mercury ranique.2170

I don’t know why you’re assuming his account has any MF when he’s said it does not. If someone never redeemed the original MF item, and never redeemed any essence of luck, then the account would be at zero and any characters made would have zero. He says he is unable to find the original MF-booster, and thus has never applied any MF to his account.

I was saying that since it is accountbound (and thus applies to all characters), his suggestion of just automatically applying it to the account made sense.

Now, if he has been redeeming Essence of Luck and characters are still showing no MF, then either something else is going on or he’s looking at the wrong thing.

I assume it cause I find it hard to believe that someone never got any essence of luck.
Imagine how easy it is to just do a daily by accident. Or do lion’s arch under attack and get a children’s drawing.

For the OP, magic find is clearly important (he made a ticket and this post). So I assume he has characters with magic find.
I suspect he doesn’t really know where to look or what to expect of the 20% and maybe that he didn’t udnerstood it is now accountbased. That is why I asked him an honest question in the hope to solve this quicker for him.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

He and his wife would have to have less than 500 Achievement points, as well as never having done a Daily or salvaged any blues or greens, etc. It does seem unlikely. As well as the ‘20% Magic Find’ item only applying 20% if you used it right away when it was released. If you have/had Magic Find when applying it, the percentage will be less, of course. It is only 20% if you, indeed, have 0% Magic Find.

After having an account for over a year, it just seems likely someone would have done at least one of those things.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Find

Find your account’s Magic Find here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Achievements_interface.jpg

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

mercury ranique.2170

Roguefire:

Sorry, for the discussion me and my esteemed collegues here had. We all have a lot of knowledge and our combined knowledge is scary tbh. In reality we just are too addicted in stalking this forum.

The question remains.
You said whenever you create a new character it starts at 0 magic find. This is unlikely at best. So I suspect that your issue comes not from not having recieved the magic find but from a misunderstanding bout where to look. Could you please explain what you expect when you create a new character?? I hope that reading throught the walls of text here you see the answer you was looking for. if not, please try to explain what you expect from support and what you think you are missing (and where you see that you are missing it).

When posting here you can add a screenshot if you post one of your achievement window that would be really really helpfull.
Thanks (just trying to help)

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Op, you have already made a thread for this and Gaile has already responded. You need to continue to work with support.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/I-never-received-my-20-Magic-Find-Item

Roguefire.8174

Customer Support hasn’t helped me with my tickets… they have told me they wont do anything for me… Me and my wife got these accounts early last year, but didn’t actually play until the beginning of this month.

The fact that I have been told the items were delivered successfully when they clearly weren’t used on either account, and then being told being told that nothing can be done on the matter is unsatisfactory.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Customer Support hasn’t helped me with my tickets… they have told me they wont do anything for me… Me and my wife got these accounts early last year, but didn’t actually play until the beginning of this month.

The fact that I have been told the items were delivered successfully when they clearly weren’t used on either account, and then being told being told that nothing can be done on the matter is unsatisfactory.

If you have not heard anything from support or had your issue resolved after 3 days, you can post a request for review in the 3 days or older thread. Creating another thread with the same topic here will do nothing so you are just wasting your time and every one else’s. There are procedures in place to help you, but YOU have to put in the effort to use them.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you cleared out all your mail from the past year? That might be quite a bit of mail. The mail queues waiting to be delivered. Perhaps, CS is right and it was successfully sent, and you just haven’t picked it up. You could try deleting every piece of mail, and then wait to see if anything else is delivered. Good luck.

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

I’ll post the following since Roguefire said they didn’t play until the beginning of the month. Note how it says current/existing players and not accounts.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

In order to get everyone started on this new system, all current players will receive enough luck to get to +20% magic find.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/release-notes-for-super-adventure-box-back-to-school/

All existing players have been sent mail with enough Essence of Luck to increase their account magic find to 20%.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

If you have not heard anything from support or had your issue resolved after 3 days, you can post a request for review in the 3 days or older thread. Creating another thread with the same topic here will do nothing so you are just wasting your time and every one else’s. There are procedures in place to help you, but YOU have to put in the effort to use them.

This is correct. Please continue to work with CS on this issue.