I quit before I even start :(

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rake.9523

Rake.9523

Apologies if this comes across as ranty or angry I am very tired and at the end of my tether.

So I buy guild wars 2 on recommendation and after playing the weekend back in november (I am a single parent of 3 kids who works full time hadnt had the time to play or the funds to buy since xmas etc)

Yesterday I try all night to create an account and keep getting an error 48 XML page (no customer support number) , I finally try again this morning and it will not accept and password I give as a genuine one (try numbers, High case 10 letters etc) after it accpeting it trys to link my account to a GW1 account although ive never played..... In the end I ended up inadvertantly linking my serial to an old email I use but mheh I end up registering the game finally while in work this afternoon.

Still being super suspicious I dont believe everything is fine until I see it so while the kids dinner is cooking I quickly log in which works!! yey, then I create a character on the first realm I see to make sure I can create a character and access the game! yey again its works....

Eat dinner and put kids to bed return to game and notice the server I selected is German, Being English I logout and try to creat a new character to find I cant seem to swich servers for a new character?!?! seriously im now stuck on a German server and It appears to cost 1000 gems (at this moment I have no idea how much this is but having just spend £50 im not enthused at paying again) so I can log into a english server with my lvl 2 toon.

Can someone please please help, Have I made an error in character creation ?? has the trouble i have encountered thus far melted my brain? any advice is welcome

Rake

Posted by: Unspec.9017

Unspec.9017

You selected a European server that speaks German. You probably should have paid more attention when selecting a server (there is a server filter when selecting servers)

Your account (and characters) are linked to a home server. All characters created on that account is connected to that server. There was a period when server transfers were free, but that ended on the 28th.

Linking the GW1 account is optional, and the passwords you tried may have been blacklisted due to various reasons. Anet is very tight about account security.

Rake.9523

I have never ever played GW1 so I dont understand why it would make me link an account (there was no option to skip)

I get I may have paid more attention but at this point my ANet experience has been very very poor I just want to play the game! there was no warning about home servers etc really just feel like uninstalling and putting this down as a bad experience

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

No offense, but you made the mistake, so if you decide the experience is poor, it’s due on you and not on Anet. The fact that the servers are listed as European and North American and none of the NA servers are non-english so it means you were on the wrong tab to begin with, and that would be, again, completely on you. As to having issues creating an account, I was able to create mine is about 30 seconds, so it sounds like again, it’s on you.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Rake.9523

Did you even read my whole post before jumping on your high horse??

I have a ticket open with Anet advising me the creation issue was an issue on their side. The server selection was mistake was my mistake as I have said but the overall hassell its the cherry on the top to be honest…

Im not sayign teh game sucks or Anet sucks (I have not had chance to experience yet) I just would like some kind of assistance

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

Also, u can just lvl up your chars there, farm money gold then turn it into gems so u can transfer, not suck a big deal 1000 gems are about 14gold. U don’t even need to pay real cash for the transfer (u could tho). It was your mistake they may or may not solve ur problem either would be ok. I think is kind of rude on ur part just say it is developer’s fault. For example if i delete a 1000g weapon by accident i cannot say it was arenanet fault by any means i just made a mistake period.
Server transfers are paid for a reasson, to keep some sort of server population balance on endgame PVP content aka WvWvW.

(edited by Rampage.7145)

Posted by: Unspec.9017

Unspec.9017

I have never ever played GW1 so I dont understand why it would make me link an account (there was no option to skip)

I get I may have paid more attention but at this point my ANet experience has been very very poor I just want to play the game! there was no warning about home servers etc really just feel like uninstalling and putting this down as a bad experience

You just ignore the account link for GW1. The website doesn’t know if you played GW1 or not, so its there for everyone.

Rake.9523

Also, u can just lvl up your chars there, farm money gold then turn it into gems so u can transfer, not suck a big deal 1000 gems are about 14gold. U don’t even need to pay real cash for the transfer (u could tho). It was your mistake they may or may not solve ur problem either would be ok. I think is kind of rude on ur part just say it is developer’s fault. For example if i delete a 1000g weapon by accident i cannot say it was arenanet fault by any means i just made a mistake period.
Server transfers are paid for a reasson, to keep some sort of server population balance on endgame PVP content aka WvWvW.

Yup I get this was my mistake in this instance, I was just making sure the game was up and running after the issues I had experienced even just trying to create the account my main concern was that I had spent £50 on a serial no already in use I was so relieved I just could log in that I rushed through and wanted to have a play with character create etc while my kids were eating dinner in preperation of actual play time when they went bed.

It seems Anet will not move my character had a copy paste response to my ticket regarding world change it appears they didnt understand what I was asking.

How much is 1000 gems to buy?

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

12.5 USD, but you’ll have to buy 1600 gems more than likely since they don’t sell gems in 1000 increments. They sell them in 800 increments.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]