I've been trying to authenticate my account

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: MIGenius.1520

MIGenius.1520

Hello, I’ve just recently purchased the game yesterday and I’ve been trying to authenticate my account. It asks something about SMS and I’ve literally no clue what that is or how to use it. I did try to input my phone number but that didn’t do anything . I clicked the link for the other option to authenticate my account and it tries to get me to download some phone app.
All I have is some five year old ipod that can’t download anything from the app-store, due to it being so out-dated. There was an option for me to download some program to my computer but it looked shady and I didn’t feel comfortable trying to download that.
I don’t know what to do, I can’t get all the game’s feature if I don’t authenticate my account and really really want to experience the game as a whole and not in bits in pieces. I’ve played for over a week now and have had team-speak verbal conversations with guild members. Would someone please be so kind as to help me out? Are there more alternatives?
I did look through the forums for a couple pages trying to see if someone else had the same problem but I didn’t see any. I might’ve overlooked one and if so I am sorry to bother you. I’m just a bit confused and frustrated trying to play what so far seems to be an awesome game.
-Pierota

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The Burninator

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

WinAuth, the app for your computer is perfectly safe. You can also use a land-line for SMS authentication.

Good luck.

Posted by: MIGenius.1520

MIGenius.1520

I’ve tried inputting my landline number and that doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve tried so many times trying to get it to work. I’m definitely inputting my number correctly but it says I didn’t. I want to be able to progress in the game but it seems I need to first use the ‘optional’ authentication thing. I don’t want to download some weird app to my computer, even if it supposedly safe. I’ve supposedly already authenticated my account with email but it still won’t work. I can’t purchase stuff from the black lion market place as I am ‘a new player’ and ‘need to get my account authenticated’ even though I already bought the game.
I am so frustrated, this game is suppose to be fun and instead its becoming aggravating with all these security limitations.
Please for the love of God let me play the game I paid to play :P
Thank you very much.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Do be aware, new accounts have features that are time-gated.

For assistance, you can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below. Posting on the forums will rarely get a response for such issues.

Good luck.