I've waited a week and finally I'm back to the game. Thank you Customer Support Team a lot!

I've waited a week and finally I'm back to the game. Thank you Customer Support Team a lot!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dahgoth.4617

Dahgoth.4617

Response Gus via Email 09/07/2012 03:03 PM

Greetings,

Your account is no longer banned. Have fun!

Regards,

GM Gus
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

EDIT: I’d like to take my words back about quality of service. I know how hard your job is. I work in support more than 10 years, the last 3 years I was the head of technical support in the major companies in Russia. I want to apologize for what I said earlier to the Customer Support Team and wish them all the best.

(edited by Dahgoth.4617)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I feel sure that team would have examined the account to verify that it was not accessed from another location. But you’re welcome to update your ticket to request that they do so.

Do be aware that it’s necessary to verify this claim, because far too many times, someone claims “That wasn’t me doing [that bad thing]” when it provably was them after all.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Dahgoth.4617

Thanks Gods you’re here Gaile!

First of all I could not get access to the game more than a day before the permanent ban was occur.

Second, and you know it that it is not necessary that the access was made from a different location – it’s too easy to fake (given the fact that I use the largest ISP in Moscow there are more than 5 million users without encryption and other security methods to protect the connection).

Moreover, I have never experienced any problems with game accounts, but after losing control on GW2 account there were reported attempts to influence accounts in other games (such as WoW, D3, SC2, Entropia Universe, Ultima Online and Eve Online which was registered on same e-mail).

Perhaps there is also some misunderstandings related to the fact that English is not my native language and I often use a translator.

Posted by: Maximilious.6054

Maximilious.6054

You got caught exploiting, stop the bs, thank you.

Trying to sound smart while also saying “IT WASN’T ME” doesn’t work like you think it would, since these people are not stupid.

Posted by: Krzi.8219

Krzi.8219

^ that. Your fault Dahgoth, you’ll have to deal with it unfortunately.

Dahgoth.4617

If you’re using exploits doesn’t mean that all do the same.

Posted by: SenpriW.7981

SenpriW.7981

My guildie used the exploit, apologized for it and said he wouldn’t do it anymore. They released the permanent ban.

You shouldn’t have gone with the “It Wasn’t Me” scenario :P just sayin

Dahgoth.4617

Well don’t you think that if I did use it I’d apologize and came back to the game long time ago?

(edited by Dahgoth.4617)

Posted by: Dragonlord.6748

Dragonlord.6748

Gonna play devils advocate here and ask some questions to those of you who keepo saying its the OP’s fault

Those of you who keep saying its the OPs fault, how do you know its his fault?
How do you know he did not get his account stolen and then had someone exploit a bug?

I know it sounds far fetched, but with the sheer number of accounts that have been reported “hacked” just here on the forums, how can you really be sure?

Dahgoth, if you can prove that it was not you, that your account was stolen and someone else did it, then you should send in a ticket and give them the informations.
Otherwise you will just have to accept that your account is closed

Posted by: noobdestroyer.4271

noobdestroyer.4271

If you did the exploit, then ask for amensty and they will turn it to a 72 hr ban as previously posted. Personally speaking, I got banned and I didnt even know of an exploit, and have only 10 silver on my account. To me, this is the most ridicoulus thing I have ever seen in a game.

Dahgoth.4617

Thanks a lot Dragonlord but all proofs at ANet side and I have no access to their logs.
They’re continuing to tell me that it was me that means that all connections was made from my ISP’s subnet. So if it is then I see few ways from here:

1. The attacker got an access to my hardware (whats really unusual and hard to make).
  2. It was some kind of MITM attack (I believe it’s more real given the fact that my ISP’s network have lack of security and pretty large amount of users).
  3. It was me but that means that there’s 1 day of my life which I don’t remember or have another memoirs (smells fantastic, isn’t it?).
  4. Something I have no idea but there’s a lot of explanations…

At the moment I came to the decision to appeal as if I did use the exploit, because it’s seems much faster way to return.

I applied to the support to provide any technical information to be able to conduct an investigation on the other hand with experts from my ISP. And when I will have sufficient proof, I will contact support again to clear my name and reputation.

EDIT: I’d like to take my words back about quality of service. I know how hard your job is. I work in support more than 10 years, the last 3 years I was the head of technical support in the major companies in Russia. I want to apologize for what I said earlier to the Customer Support Team and wish them all the best.

(edited by Dahgoth.4617)

Posted by: DABhand.2079

DABhand.2079

Its one thing to spoof an IP address but to spoof one with constant connection to a game is another thing, which means someone has to have set up a proxy with your IP addy, which means someone in your home had to do that so someone could connect to you.

Then there is also the chance of getting the right IP address you have been using originally from a potential of 10s of thousands, depending on your ISPs IP range in your area, then getting your account details correct also.

To be honest OP, its looking more like you did it.

Dragonlord.6748

I think the ban for the Karma exploit was overdone.
They made a mistake and set the wrong value for the items, how the hell are the players supposed to know that the value is wrong?

And instead of fixing this issue, and perhaps do a a rollback, they proceed to ban thousands of players for doing something they had no way of knowing was an exploit.

After reading a large number of posts on the account forums here alone, I’m really starting to question Anets policy.

I keep getting the impression that players are banned for no reason at all and they get no informations as to what they did to get the ban, but instead tell players to read the TOS as if that will explain to players what they did to get the ban in the first place.

For me it has come to a point where I am actually expecting to have gotten a ban or suspension every time I log in, and find myself surprised when I can in fact log in and play.

DABhand.2079

@Dragonlord – I think they may have banned people for the amount of Karma they had, like in the 100’s of thousands perhaps :P And then checked logs to see if they bought and resold the same items over and over. That would show they knew about it.

Dahgoth.4617

Its one thing to spoof an IP address but to spoof one with constant connection to a game is another thing, which means someone has to have set up a proxy with your IP addy, which means someone in your home had to do that so someone could connect to you.

Then there is also the chance of getting the right IP address you have been using originally from a potential of 10s of thousands, depending on your ISPs IP range in your area, then getting your account details correct also.

To be honest OP, its looking more like you did it.

my ISP use non-encrypted PPTP connections what means that it’s quite possible to force users to authenticate through the compromised host instead of the gateway.

And this is just 1 example, you know

Posted by: Imagine.8623

Imagine.8623

They made a mistake and set the wrong value for the items, how the hell are the players supposed to know that the value is wrong?

And instead of fixing this issue, and perhaps do a a rollback, they proceed to ban thousands of players for doing something they had no way of knowing was an exploit.

After reading a large number of posts on the account forums here alone, I’m really starting to question Anets policy.

I keep getting the impression that players are banned for no reason at all and they get no informations as to what they did to get the ban, but instead tell players to read the TOS as if that will explain to players what they did to get the ban in the first place.

For me it has come to a point where I am actually expecting to have gotten a ban or suspension every time I log in, and find myself surprised when I can in fact log in and play.

There’s a very large difference between buying a weapon once while it was low karma for your own use and buying a boatload for pure exploitative purposes.

Dahgoth.4617

@Dragonlord – I think they may have banned people for the amount of Karma they had, like in the 100’s of thousands perhaps :P And then checked logs to see if they bought and resold the same items over and over. That would show they knew about it.

Well as they said @Reddit they loot at quantity of purchased items, so if:

• you bought less than 50 – you’ll get 3-days ban
  • you bought more than 50 – you’ll get permanent
  • you bought few (less than 10?) – you’ll get nothing and continue to play.

Corrections welcome =)

DABhand.2079

@Dahgoth – Difficult to allow 2 different connections from 2 different modems with different MAC addresses. Would require someone knowing you, your static IP address, your modems MAC address and your account details.

But you do realise Point to Point Tunneling requires a lot of work on both ends to use, and is mostly used for VPN purposes. I seriously doubt your ISP is allowing you to browse the net on a VPN, that would be the stupidest thing ever, everyone would be guilty of port scanning someone on that ISP if someone reported them.

Lets be honest, you have been caught out, just admit it.

Dahgoth.4617

There’s a very large difference between buying a weapon once while it was low karma for your own use and buying a boatload for pure exploitative purposes.

I totally agree with you

Dahgoth.4617

@Dahgoth – Difficult to allow 2 different connections from 2 different modems with different MAC addresses. Would require someone knowing you, your static IP address, your modems MAC address and your account details.

But you do realise Point to Point Tunneling requires a lot of work on both ends to use, and is mostly used for VPN purposes. I seriously doubt your ISP is allowing you to browse the net on a VPN, that would be the stupidest thing ever, everyone would be guilty of port scanning someone on that ISP if someone reported them.

Lets be honest, you have been caught out, just admit it.

You’d be very surprised what “secure” networks and “experts” we have in Russia.
And it’s really easy to make my router think that someone’s laptop IS gateway. It’s have 2 connections – 1 to a network and 1 to a gateway. And I can see all hosts in my network including all ISP servers etc. w/o using any special software.

DABhand.2079

Interesting that you know this kinda info huh, well not so 100%. :P

Dahgoth.4617

Ofcause I’m not sure what was that. That’s why I ask CS to give me some logs and/or other stuff to learn some from it.

I know this stuff cause it’s my job, you know

DABhand.2079

to be honest

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Players-Awaiting-Help-merged/page/4#post6665

That sounds like you have had previous trouble etc. Sorry but in my honest opinion you have been found out a couple of times now, and then try to blame it on other people.

Dahgoth.4617

to be honest

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Players-Awaiting-Help-merged/page/4#post6665

That sounds like you have had previous trouble etc. Sorry but in my honest opinion you have been found out a couple of times now, and then try to blame it on other people.

This is that situation, not another one.
And btw I’ve got back to the game about a hour ago =)

(edited by Dahgoth.4617)

Posted by: SenorPez.1568

SenorPez.1568

If a week to recover the account is the “best service you’ve ever had” you’ve had some really bad customer service throughout your life.

Guild Wars 2: Join the MMO Revolution!
Get banned for no reason at all!
Endure customer service that’s both slow and unhelpful!

Dragonlord.6748

Well then explain to me this, hypothetical situation:

I see an item for a low amount of Karma, and proceed to buy a large number of them.

Please explain to me how I am supposed to know that the price of these items are not the right price?

Please explain to me how I am supposed to know that I am exploiting a glitch in the game when nobody has told me that it actually are a glitch?

Please explain to me why I should be punished with a 3 day suspension or permanent ban when Anet screwed up and set the wrong price on the item?

What they are doing is punishing me for their mistakes, which is totally wrong.
I have no way of knowing if it is a bug or not, and should not be punished for their mistakes.

Why do you think so many people come here to the forums asking why they were banned for doing it?
They didnt know it was an exploit, and as such get confused when they get punished for something they thought was a legitimate action.

DABhand.2079

<snip> Thought you were Dahgoth for a second >.<

(edited by DABhand.2079)

Dahgoth.4617

If a week to recover the account is the “best service you’ve ever had” you’ve had some really bad customer service throughout your life.

I never said that. All I said was that I know how hard this job is.

Posted by: wizgamer.7123

wizgamer.7123

I’ve been waiting 10 days and still no help. What is going on?!?!