I was accused of botting

I was accused of botting

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

I haven’t log into guild wars 2 since Thursday the 15th of August. I have been busy with work and I didn’t have time to play until today Sunday 19th at 12:00 am UK time.

Now the problem is that I was resetting my password on Origins and I didn’t receive it so I checked my spam box only to find out I was wrongfully banned for botting. I NEVER use bots in any games. Can someone please tell me if this is true or was the email in my spam folder as a scam or phishing

And second if this is true can you explain under what circumstance you claim that I was botting. The following is what was written in the email:

Guild Wars Account Will Be Shut Down Inform

We are sorry to inform you that we found you have been used bots. We will give back your account in 72 hrs.Since you used it for a short time,we decide to offer a chance for you. Please, please click the following link to verify your identiy::
https://account.guildwars2.com/login
Guild Wars 2 Team

Now i click on the website that says to verify you identity. This ask for your serial key and email. I know for a fact that with this you can reset the password.. Also i have attached the verification page.

Please help.

Attachments:

I was accused of botting

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I haven’t log into guild wars 2 since Thursday the 15th of August. I have been busy with work and I didn’t have time to play until today Sunday 19th at 12:00 am UK time.

Now the problem is that I was resetting my password on Origins and I didn’t receive it so I checked my spam box only to find out I was wrongfully banned for botting. I NEVER use bots in any games. Can someone please tell me if this is true or was the email in my spam folder as a scam or phishing

And second if this is true can you explain under what circumstance you claim that I was botting. The following is what was written in the email:

Guild Wars Account Will Be Shut Down Inform

We are sorry to inform you that we found you have been used bots. We will give back your account in 72 hrs.Since you used it for a short time,we decide to offer a chance for you. Please, please click the following link to verify your identiy::
https://account.guildwars2.com/login
Guild Wars 2 Team

Now i click on the website that says to verify you identity. This ask for your serial key and email. I know for a fact that with this you can reset the password.. Also i have attached the verification page.

Please help.

This is a known phishing email. If you have given them any account or email information, please immediately change the passwords to your account and your email account, and contact Customer Support and apprise them of the situation.

I was accused of botting

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

That email was not from us. Please read this forum thread for more information:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/A-Note-about-Phishing-Emails-1/first#post2556003

And of course contact Support and they will try to help you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

I was accused of botting

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

Lol seriously? Read the text the use of grammar is so bad it should have been obvious it was a phishing email. Also the attached screenshot. Look at the url. It is just not right.

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

I was accused of botting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Lol seriously? Read the text the use of grammar is so bad it should have been obvious it was a phishing email. Also the attached screenshot. Look at the url. It is just not right.

Well, some people are not English speakers so they might easily not see that bad grammar. And others are not very computer literate so they might not know how to read urls. I didn’t till very recently, learned it from seeing people explaining it in this forum .

I was accused of botting

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Yeah, sounds like the OP might not be an english native. Good chanec of it too since the OP references “UK time”.