Improving My FPS

Improving My FPS

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Hi, my laptop runs the game on lowest settings at 20 FPS at best. This is my computers info

Dell System Inspiron N7110

Intel® Core™i5-2410M CPU2.30GHz

Intel® HD Graphics Family

Not sure what other info might be needed.

Someone please let me know why my computer runs so slowly for this game

Bad Elementalist

Improving My FPS

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

Your computer runs so slowly because the cpu must do 2 jobs at the same time. You don’t have an actual stand alone graphic card. So it’s almost junk if you want to play games on it.

Improving My FPS

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Is it possible to replace it?

Bad Elementalist

Improving My FPS

Posted by: tsmith.7915

tsmith.7915

no. All parts in a laptop besides the RAM dimms are soldered to the motherboard. While some laptops will allow for a processor upgrade or replacement, most of the time if something goes bad on a motherboard the whole thing is scrapped and replaced. So since the GPU is a part of your processor, there is no way possible to replace it with something better. Even if you did have a discrete GPU like a low end Nvidia 8300M you couldnt replace it. It might be a "discrete" GPU, but since it is soldered to the main board, it is NOT something that can be replaced.

[AMD FX6300 @3.5Ghz][ASRocks 970D Mobo][8GB DDR3 G. Skill Sniper]
[XFX R9 270X O.C Edition][Thermaltake 600W PSU]
[Windows 8.1 64-Bit]

Improving My FPS

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

Well intel HD graphics are all integrated gpus (i think) So the you can either buy a new laptop (knowing you will have to spend more than 999$ for a good gaming one), or buy a desktop computer.