Incredible Lags/Delays

Incredible Lags/Delays

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Divine eXecution.3709

Divine eXecution.3709

For roughly 20 hours now I am experiencing incredible skill and action delays making the game, and especially competitive modes, impossible to play. I have a steady internet connection with a constant LOW ping, although any other game is just working fine and I am experiencing this only in GW2.

I am using the 64 bit client, because the game crashes frequently with the other (annoying in Dragon Stand).

Up to this point I never had performance issues with GW2 and it suddenly occurred.

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: nassaya.7109

nassaya.7109

You are not the only one i have a 100Mbit/10Mbit connection average ping is 500. I use the 64bits client and even on all settings on minimal i get 7 FPS. ATM the game is unplayable my home server is FSP EU.

The long loading time also affect Forum and Wiki everything GW2 related is haveing a winter break appearantly.

Nassaya Shadowheart lvl. 80 Necro
Nassaya Fireheart lvl. 80 Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – Guardians of the Dutch [GOTD]

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: Mysic.6158

Mysic.6158

I had the problem happen to me in the past. I had ping averages anywhere from 250-1.4k ms. What I found was that my Wi-Fi was making GW2 unplayable. I bought a powerline adapter and my ping has been less than 70ms

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: Divine eXecution.3709

Divine eXecution.3709

My ping is totally fine, I am only lagging in GW2 and nowhere else. Also it doesn’t get blocked by any firewall or whatsoever. It worked fine the whole time after all, but I started to get extreme lags since yesterday and I changed nothing. No new hardware, no new software, no settings changed… still suddenly those 20s delayes, especially in spvp.

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: nassaya.7109

nassaya.7109

Same here every other game of application runs smooth, only gw2 suffers from problems. It stared yesterday in tangeld depths at rata novus pre event. And in LA i’m suffering from the same issues so ot isn’t hot map related.

Nassaya Shadowheart lvl. 80 Necro
Nassaya Fireheart lvl. 80 Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – Guardians of the Dutch [GOTD]

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I’m almost positive it’s on their end.

I got tired of dealing with the customer support because frankly it’s robotic and script driven as if reading the charts provided is impossible.

Here is what im seeing in ping plotter.

The frequency of this occurring in the anet domain is pretty strong. Yes my ISP has a minor fault and i’ve complained to them too. Yet the only service suffering for me is GW2.

Attachments:

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: Sassy.1697

Sassy.1697

I got tired of dealing with the customer support because frankly it’s robotic and script driven as if reading the charts provided is impossible.

The frequency of this occurring in the anet domain is pretty strong. Yes my ISP has a minor fault and i’ve complained to them too. Yet the only service suffering for me is GW2.

It’s not showing any errors…?

The 100% PL hop is just the NSA watching you.

You get that for example at continental hops. (eg: reaching google US from EU and vice versa)

And your marked server has an average ping of 42 – so not really unplayable now is it?

That’s basically my GW2 plot when everything is working fine. o.O

(edited by Sassy.1697)

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: Exande.2615

Exande.2615

I’ve been having the same problem for a day or two now, a huge drop in performance and a resting fps of 15-22. However I am on the Mac client and recently installed a system update.

Not sure if its the same issue as you guys, but does anyone have any clue to what is could be?

Incredible Lags/Delays

TexZero.7910

It’s not showing any errors…?

The 100% PL hop is just the NSA watching you.

You get that for example at continental hops. (eg: reaching google US from EU and vice versa)

And your marked server has an average ping of 42 – so not really unplayable now is it?

That’s basically my GW2 plot when everything is working fine. o.O

Check the spike points of upwards of 300 ….all inside the Anet domain.

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: shaythan.1398

shaythan.1398

also here!
laggs started at friday about 4 days ago and ever since the game is practicly unplayable…
anyone saw any comment about the issue from Anet?

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: Spindelhalla.2139

Spindelhalla.2139

Same here, not sure exactly when it started but it was 4-5 days ago. My ping which is usually between 70 and 80 suddently started to fluctuate between 70 and up to 900. The first time I experienced it I think I was playing a ranked match in legacy of the Foefire. I have this problem in spvp, major cities and Heart of Thorns maps. Tyria usually works and so do the WvWvW borderlands.

Everything else internet related works fine.

Incredible Lags/Delays

Sassy.1697

These lags are, unlike previous ones, not consistent. They appear for 5-20 minutes and go away for a period of time.

It really looks like the servers just can’t handle the holidays that well.

Too many people playing the game – hehe.

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: JanHermann.2436

JanHermann.2436

I can second almost all of the above. For me pings reach 1500 sometimes (game not playable in that state) and my client (64bit) often loses connection altogether. Everything else on the PC works fine and other internet connections have no problems. Started happening in January, a few days ago.

Any official comment?

Incredible Lags/Delays

shaythan.1398

i sent a ticket to Anet explaining the situation and referring them to this thread (and another one about the same issue)
so far they told me to send a report created by a diagnostic software of theirs and i am still waiting for a follow up..
i’ll update here if anything usefull comes out of it..

Incredible Lags/Delays

TexZero.7910

i sent a ticket to Anet explaining the situation and referring them to this thread (and another one about the same issue)
so far they told me to send a report created by a diagnostic software of theirs and i am still waiting for a follow up..

Don’t worry all that will happen is they will notice something odd and ask you to run something else. Then if that doesnt work they’ll ask you to open command prompt and use netsh winsock reset. Which will do nothing.

At this point either you’re a much nicer person than me or you will give up with their support as its just a joke.

Incredible Lags/Delays

Spindelhalla.2139

I contacted support and they responded very quickly and are trying their best to help me but we haven’t found a solution yet. The problem is that we are trying to find a software or service that somehow interferes with Gw2 but the way the ping behaves I doubt the problems are on my end. For example I noticed that I never experience this problem in the new WvWvW maps but I do experience it 95% of the time when I’m in Verdant Brink. If it was a software conflicting with Gw2 I think the ping should go crazy no matter on which map I’m playing, right?

Incredible Lags/Delays

shaythan.1398

Don’t worry all that will happen is they will notice something odd and ask you to run something else. Then if that doesnt work they’ll ask you to open command prompt and use netsh winsock reset. Which will do nothing.

At this point either you’re a much nicer person than me or you will give up with their support as its just a joke.

so far i just ran a diagnostic software and they still need to respond… but i assume the tech support guy sitting somewhere behind a screen on the other side of the planet can’t really understand where the problem is at. they probably have scripted flow charts to go through in situations like this…

I contacted support and they responded very quickly and are trying their best to help me but we haven’t found a solution yet. The problem is that we are trying to find a software or service that somehow interferes with Gw2 but the way the ping behaves I doubt the problems are on my end. For example I noticed that I never experience this problem in the new WvWvW maps but I do experience it 95% of the time when I’m in Verdant Brink. If it was a software conflicting with Gw2 I think the ping should go crazy no matter on which map I’m playing, right?

i have these laggs on two diffrent computers, i doubt it has anything to do with a software interfering with the game client…
i think i should try connecting one of them to a diffrent ISP and check if the aggs persist… problem is it’s not as easy as it sounds when both are desktops…

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: Syronus.7605

Syronus.7605

I’m getting this too, worked when I got home 2 hours ago but now I haven’t been able to log in for the past hour and when it did let me log in once it gave me 900 to 4000 ping.

Turns out 10 minutes after I posted this I could log in as normal again so unsure what happened for that hour.

(edited by Syronus.7605)

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: Jasun.1798

Jasun.1798

I have been having issues for a few days now of extreme delays in my action buttons (1-0) firing off. Their icons change to look like they are trying but it can take 10-40 seconds for them to actually fire. I’ve missed entire combats only to catch up and be dead from a fight. I did the full diag and sent the info in to support.

Incredible Lags/Delays

Sassy.1697

The revenge of the potatoe servers..
(pictures say more than words)

Attachments:

Incredible Lags/Delays

Spindelhalla.2139

The revenge of the potatoe servers..
(pictures say more than words)

I’m not an expert but I guess PL stands for Packet Loss and your picture shows that it happens when the packets reach the ncsoft servers, right? And I guess ~33% of packets getting lost is a bit too much.

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: Dunkelbunt.1064

Dunkelbunt.1064

it’s the exact same thing for me. the game is completely unplayable at times. The pvp league system makes this even more frustrating for me and for people on my team.

Attachments:

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I’m having a lot of issues too. I was fine Thursday night/early Friday morning (Central Time). Then, starting Friday afternoon, I get between 11-18 FPS and can barely play. I’ve checked my internet speeds and they’re normal (I used Verizon’s Speed Test AND and outside tester). I can still play other games and use Netflix, just not really GW2.

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: verstellemi.5047

verstellemi.5047

I have terrible Latency in GW2 since HOT released. I was originally fine. Averaged 90 in GW2. 50+ in any Blizzard game. Most other games are the same for me. Since HOT I have an average of 300 ping in Guild Wars 2. It’s unplayable in PVP, which is all I play GW2 for. I have done tracert to the GW2 servers, and its always the Telia(sp?) servers. I have killed all other connections to my wifi, all apps or anything that would be using internet on my computer. I reformated my entire PC, killed all applications that use my connection. Monitored my network traffic from my router, and still have terrible latency in GW2. Sadly, think I am gonna have to stop playing because there is no cure I can implement on my side.

Incredible Lags/Delays

Posted by: Swag.4923

Swag.4923

Same issues here. Game is effectively unplayable.