Ingame message real/fake?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Demonic Survivor.6157

Demonic Survivor.6157

Hey guys I was hoping you could help me.
I use multiple gw2 accounts for laurels and world boss chests. i dont multi-box or anything strange like that.
My question is, I got an ingame message saying that my account is gonna be restricted for gold transfering and abnormal loggings. I do transfer gold and items between my accounts but its all earned by me. (got the accounts during the massive sale)
Is this for real or fake? I notice the text at the bottom saying its from another player, so I just wanna be sure.
I have attached a screen cap

Thank you

Attachments:

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It’s a scam. Don’t worry just Report & Block for Scamming – and make sure you don’t go to the link. ArenaNet will never inform you about a ban, it’ll just happen.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Demonic Survivor.6157

Demonic Survivor.6157

Ok thats awesome. TY very much for your help

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

In the future, whenever you see the message, ‘This mail was sent by another player….’, you can rest assured it was not sent by any ArenaNet official. (Which is why the message is there, in the first place.)

Good luck.

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

“This message was sent by another player. It was not sent by the Guild Wars Team.”

Also ANY message by a GW2 rep with have the GW2 logo in red on the message, you will know when a dev contacts you.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.