Initial download slow

Initial download slow

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Memnoch.6371

Memnoch.6371

I bought the digital copy 12 hours ago and has not stopped downloading since.
The download is extremely slow running an average speed of 40KB/sec.
This just does not make any sense to me when I have a 2MB/sec Internet speed that has been running fine all night.
This is very frustrating specially when once in a while the download speed just goes to 0KB/sec for a few minutes.

If this is a problem with Arenanet server is their a way for me to torrent all the patch and just update it like that?

If I continue this route it will take me a week before I can actually play….. I know all of you knows how that feels….

Initial download slow

Posted by: xuron.6280

xuron.6280

I am having the same problem. It ALWAYS gets stuck installing at 3% or so. Then just stops.

Initial download slow

Posted by: Hazmist.7456

Hazmist.7456

Having the same problem. With Steam for example, I download games at 1.2mb/s. For GW2, I’ve got speeds of 49KB/s, which is ridiculous.

At this rate, it will take a few days to download ( which is unbelievable these days).

What is ArenaNet doing about the problem. Would like a solution please.

Initial download slow

Posted by: PrinceVern.6458

PrinceVern.6458

I have the Stuck at 3% issue, can’t believe I might have to DL it from a mirror o_o;;

Initial download slow

Posted by: Jon The Hero.1305

Jon The Hero.1305

bump. ANet needs to address this now. It took me days to download this game. I also made the mistake of buying this 2 days before the black friday sale so i did not get the free digital “Deluxe” edition either – but as I am still sitting here waiting on download I am incredibly pissed off. Thanks a lot!!!!!!

I test an average of about 1.5 to 1.6 Mbps download speed on speedtester – but this client will only download in the range of 0 to 150 kbps. If I leave the computer for more than 5 minutes the download stops completely. What the hell?