Input on keyboard/nvidia drivers

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zalif.2810

Zalif.2810

Hello everyone!

I have been having trouble with input on keyboard, because when I press keys they do not work right away. I tested in other games and it works fine, so it’s not the keyboard. This only happens in GW2, and I also noticed that if I hold the right mouse button all the time the keys work just fine, so this is really wierd.

Ex: pressing ‘W’ doesn’t make me go forward I have to press many times, same goes for any other key that has an action in GW2.

My graphics card is a Geforce GTX 850M and when NVIDIA released the version 361.75 (January 27, 2016) for graphics card, I upgraded and started to see this happen right away. At the time I downgraded back to version 361.43 (December 21, 2015) and the problem went away.
The last few days I was having high memory usage, like 90%, even when pc was on idle state. So I upgraded my drivers to the version 362.00 (March 1, 2016) and memory went to 20%. I didn’t upgraded till now because I feared this problem would rise up again, and it did. Have been 3 months with 3 new NVIDIA drivers patches and the problem still is going on. So I would like to know if anyone is having this issue? Who’s supposed to fix this ANET or NVIDIA?

Because at the moment I have to choose between playing GW2 or having a decent memory usage that allows me to do stuff on the pc, since with 90% always going on I can’t do anything.

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I’ve occasionally had problems where my w button wouldn’t make me go forward. Holding left and right mouse buttons won’t either. Still not sure what exactly makes it come back. Sometimes it seems to be a knockback or dodge roll will fix it. Other times I just alt tab out.

Similar issues with my mouse. Logitech g600. A random side buttons will stop working in game. I have to alt-tab out change configurations to a different set and back then it works right. Pretty frustrating when this happens in a pvp match. I’ve basically been playing with the mouse configuration software open so I can quickly alt tab and do it during a match. This happens much more often than the keyboard issue.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Could it be NVIDIA Geforce Shadowplay causing this? Others have found this issue to be the cause in the past.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Faux Play.6104

If you aren’t using it can it still mess up your settings?

Posted by: Zalif.2810

Zalif.2810

Faux Play I think what you have is a common bug many ppl have, not your fault. Usually ppl get stuck in place and can’t move and it seems to me it is this you are saying. Normally, a skill that moves you from place, such as, dash, knockback, dodge, doing /sit, etc.. fixes it.

On the topic now, in fact I did have shadowplay activated when this happened, so there’s a chance it is it. Though it’s still weird why it only affects GW2.

(edited by Zalif.2810)

Faux Play.6104

Related to the mouse, I switched from using the on board memory on the mouse to using the “automatic game detection” (settings on PC) and I haven’t had the same problems. However, there appear to be some game updates since then so I can’t confirm for sure.