Insane lag

Insane lag

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Fraze.1923

Fraze.1923

Recently I experience huge lag spikes (especially if world events happen at Dragon’s Stand or Tangled Depths or even Silverwastes). Game becomes unplayable (skills not responding at all and after a while game disconnects (sometimes only everything gets “frozen” – I can move and stuff but all players and monsters and everything freezes. Even on an empty map at Dragon’s Stand I can’t make map completition because of this lag. I have no problems with other games running online. Anyone have the same experience? Anet is aware of this problem? Please check it out at my ping usually goes to 2000 ms+ during regular day time (CET around 15:00 always hits hard for example).

Insane lag

Posted by: Boska.3940

Boska.3940

Maybe you need to forward ports for guildwars2 ?
I’ve experienced this before .. and when you join new instances you disconnect .. so either you go to character select and try to login again .. " it works " sometimes

or just forward ports ..

Insane lag

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

Being the fact the it isn’t affecting “every” player, it points to an issue somewhere in your connection to the Anet servers. Download and run pingplotter when you are having the lag, this will show you where the problem is and who you need to contact. Other online services are located in different places and your connection takes a different path, this is why you have no other issues.

Insane lag

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

its not just him, its happening to me and quite a few other people in game as well

only started very recently and is getting worse

Insane lag

Posted by: darkm.4839

darkm.4839

It’s not just him. I just had a hell of a lag spike. Sat for about 5 minutes before my character finally responded to prompts. During this time I was able to open my laptop and load google, look up the server status, get on facebook, message my fiance, and load a youtube video. It wasn’t my end.

Insane lag

Posted by: Darko.5893

Darko.5893

My ping ranges from 300 to 3,000 MS in the past several days.
no matter what address i ping or trace, even PingPlotter doesn’t show gw2 IPs having latency issue.

Attachments:

Insane lag

Gator.5729

It’s not just him. I just had a hell of a lag spike. Sat for about 5 minutes before my character finally responded to prompts. During this time I was able to open my laptop and load google, look up the server status, get on facebook, message my fiance, and load a youtube video. It wasn’t my end.

It may not be your end, but it may not be Anet’s end either. It could be any one of the several nodes your connection passes through. All these other nodes are owned and maintained by 3rd-party companies. Your ISP pays these 3rd-party companies for the use of their nodes. Download “Pingplotter”, as I said above, it will show you where the problem is. Facebook, YouTube and zillions of other website will work fine because their servers are in different locations and you connection to them takes a different route than it does to the Anet servers.

Run pingplotter, if you see the words Level3 or Telia anywhere in the middle of your route, there is a 99.9% chance that is where the problem is.

Insane lag

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

I’m having this same problem but my husband isn’t and we have the same IP.

Insane lag

Darko.5893

I have changed the routing with my ISP, it’s better but still unplayable most of the time.

Insane lag

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Just extending from what Gator said, you wouldn’t happen to be in OCX are you OP? Me and my guildies from OCX are having same issue, experiencing 1 frame per 5-10s lag spikes while my guildies from other regions are fine. Generally ping is around 200-250 for us but when lag spike strikes (instances, wvw, pve, pvp whatever) it can go up to 1500-2000 ping.

I even swap to my phone’s internet to test out (which normally is same ping if not better due to flatmates), which uses different ISP yet I still experience such lag. I think its a problem when connecting nodes from country to country.

Insane lag

Posted by: Xinagent.8197

Xinagent.8197

I have similar issues since the latest patch. Most of the time the game runs fine with around 50ish ping.

(edited by Xinagent.8197)

Insane lag

Posted by: AndrejG.3247

AndrejG.3247

I have same issue! 1-3000 ping latency every map, every hour and every server for days ago.
I restared my router, change my IP, take everything, not help.
I can play 10-20 min then get massive lag, crash, restart etc…
I’m standing in the middle of the city (Divinity’s Reach) doing nothing and get 830 ping atm.

(edited by AndrejG.3247)

Insane lag

Posted by: Wolf.7623

Wolf.7623

+ I have huge lag spikes too maybe a month or so 4k ping can’t play at all.

Insane lag

Gator.5729

People who continue to post that they are having ping issues and lag, please read my posts above. You need to determine where the problem is and take the correct steps to get it fixed. Most of the time it is not Anet’s fault and there is nothing they can do to fix it. There are people who frequent these forums that can point you in the right direction.

Just posting I have problems and can’t play, isn’t going to get anything fixed.

Insane lag

Gator.5729

I have similar issues since the latest patch. Most of the time the game runs fine with around 50ish ping.
Than these happen: http://imgur.com/a/cD4Um

The pingplotter results you posted shows packet loss at your own router and then your problems start at the node “BR1.FFT1.alter.net”. You need to send this pinplotter result to your ISP. They may tell you at first there is nothing they can do, tell them you want to talk to the next level of support. Your ISP as a contract with every node your connection passes through. They can push them to fix it.

Insane lag

Posted by: Ashura.1052

Ashura.1052

indonesian player here has some problem with bad lag spikes and random disconnect, especially when doing raid, pve meta event, and world bosses. This began about week ago till now and it become worse. ANET plz fix this!

Insane lag

Gator.5729

indonesian player here has some problem with bad lag spikes and random disconnect, especially when doing raid, pve meta event, and world bosses. This began about week ago till now and it become worse. ANET plz fix this!

Please read my 2 posts right above yours.

Insane lag

Darko.5893

My screenshot looks good, not the game tho

Attachments:

Insane lag

Darko.5893

My screenshot looks good, not the game tho

Got me thinking i had a different issue,
i have found the solution for me.
MTU set to 580 (checkpoint 1000n)
solid 80ms now.

Insane lag

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

In the last days I’m getting a insane latency only in Guildwars2 up to 4000/5000.
My internet connection is good to another websites.

Mac OSX user from Brazil. My internet is a DSL from the company Oi Velox.

Subdrop

Insane lag

Posted by: dpnz.4539

dpnz.4539

same here, huge lag spikes. i was in a DS before and could use chat and TP but couldnt use any skills or use any updrafts. have been getting it in wvw also. I also have a thing when i use LFG during the lag spikes i cant join any maps it just says network connection error. but yeah pretty unplayable for the last week or so.
EDIT: a bit more info I am OCX also from NZ and a few guildies from AUS have the same issue, same deal as what OP was saying. I will try the stuff gator was saying but im curious how come it just started happening now for a lot of people if it was nodes etc? if it was all fine before and I haven’t changed anything I don’t know how the routing and nodes work but if that was a problem wouldn’t it have happened always?
EDIT again: after looking into it and learning abit more disregard the last edit question, there appears to be a lot of documented problems with the telia nodes lately so I will run the ping test tonight to confirm im getting stuck at that node then let my ISP know. hopefully they fix it soon so we can play again.

(edited by dpnz.4539)

Insane lag

Posted by: Ktoamen.3821

Ktoamen.3821

I have same problem, constant lag spikes 4k+ ms in WvW.
Here is my test
http://imgur.com/a/AhO0A

Data from PingPlotter Pro:
https://mega.nz/#!hNVnCb6C!7OHbxyFabIOKm7qtEr5m941M73Y21gLwa1VwW7kjFkg

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Insane lag

Gator.5729

Here is my test

Thank you.

Your problems start at Level3. That node is outside of Anets control. You will need to contact your ISP and provide this information to them. They might tell you there is nothing they can do, but they can.

Insane lag

Posted by: Ktoamen.3821

Ktoamen.3821

Here is my test

Thank you.

Your problems start at Level3. That node is outside of Anets control. You will need to contact your ISP and provide this information to them. They might tell you there is nothing they can do, but they can.

Thanks for quick replay. It looks to me the problem start from hop 2 with IP10.20.22.111, could it be the internet modem?

Edited: I have contect my service’s provider and that IP is Default Gateway, we are now trying to pingpoint the problem.

Thanks for help.

(edited by Ktoamen.3821)