Installation Help

Installation Help

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I have an Acer Aspire 9410-2829 laptop that i recently recovered to base systems so all the data was wiped. When i go to install gw2 it reaches 10700kb then stops. At this point it asks permission for the Guild Wars 2 game client to continue, upon clicking continue, the client disappears, reappears then disappears again. This happens even when ran as administrator and firewall permissions.

The system specs are:

intel premium dual-core processor t2080 (1.73GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache)
intel graphics media accelerator 950
2 GB ram
windows vista 32 bit

The laptop is a few years old but im sure itll be able to run gw on low graphics, need it for a vacation or i wouldnt bother.

I created a ticket and they told me to run the gameadvisor, this too doesnt even open. Other programs ive been able to download and install to the laptop but the game client and the “fix finder” dont work, any help?

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Installation Help

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi there,

The reason you’re encountering this issue is because both your graphics card and processor do not meet the minimum requirements to play and so the installation will not continue. Unfortunately there really isn’t a way around this and I can only advise playing Guild Wars 2 on a system that meets all minimum hardware requirements.