Is A Nvidia GTX 770 good enough?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Phaseshift.5912

Phaseshift.5912

Hi I am upgrading my video card. I currently have 2 GTX 470’s in SLI. I do not have much cash atm (as I recently resigned from work and my vehicle died) but was thinking of buying a single GTX 770 until I have more cash to get new pc. I only play GW2 and Star Wars The Old Republic. (No shooters that need higher frame rates). To get a GTX 780 will take 6 more weeks to save for it at least so would the 770 be a reasonable upgrade until I return to higher income?

Thnx for any advice offered,

Phaseshift.

Posted by: Primernova.5791

Primernova.5791

I use a GTX770sc with a 3570k, both very OCed and they run GW2 great. The only dips I get are in Lions Arch and if there is a really big zerg nearby and even then it’s only into the mid 40s with everything on ultra.

IMO, it’s the best card for the money atm. The 780 is better but I don’t think it’s $250+ better. But keep in mind, your current processor may very well bottleneck it and the difference may be minimal until you fully rebuild.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

GTX 770, looking at the charts at Techpowerup, is about 15% slower than a GTX 780 (stock speed Vs stock speed). It’s also 35% cheaper. How a GTX 770 performs Vs a pair of GTX 470s, don’t know.

With this game, GTX 770 isn’t going to be your problem.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Phaseshift.5912

Phaseshift.5912

Thnx guys, going to grab a 770 then, appreciate your help