in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ForAce.1943

ForAce.1943

Hi.
Actually I have Acer 5750G with this specification:
i5 2450M
Geforce 630M 2GB
8GB Ram DDR3
With this specification in game I have something about 30-50fps. But… When I want kill Shatterer or Tequatl where is too many people, my fps drops to 10-15fps. Also on WvW.

I found Lenovo Y580 with this specification:
i7 3630QM
Geforce GTX660M 2GB
8GB Ram DDR3
I found with standard resolution 1366×786.

So my question is simple. ;P Is there a sense to buy this notebook, and how much fps will rise on dragon or on WvW (zerg attack :P)

http://www.gw2info.pl – All informations about Guild Wars 2 in one place. In polish.

Is there a sense to buy Lenovo Y580?

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

I dont do laptops to well, but that Lenovo is way better than your current Acer.

I would estimate a fair chance of medium/high settings with frame rates in the 50fps region normally. WvW or “zergs” in general however I have no idea, but it would definately have an improvement.

Posted by: ForAce.1943

ForAce.1943

It will be nice, if someone who have this laptop will write something about FPS.

@Lexandro. I dont want to play wih everyting maxed. I thing some oprions on medium looks exacly the same as on high. I want play comfortable on every aspect of this game. But thanks for respond.

http://www.gw2info.pl – All informations about Guild Wars 2 in one place. In polish.

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

In the worst case scenario of 100+ man battles in WvW and that amount of people doing a DE, you will get sub 30 FPS. Even the biggest and baddest processors from Intel and AMD can’t handle that amount of people without dipping into the upper 20’s and lower 30’s.

The 660M should be able to do a mix of medium to high settings, but since you’ll be playing at a lower resolution, I think you may even be able to pull everything to max besides maybe supersampling.

The 3630QM is pretty solid, but only 300MHz faster than your previous CPU. That said though, the i7 is a true quad core, doubling the amount of real cores you have available which should help our your FPS some.

Personally, laptops used for desktop gaming don’t make sense…Not yet at least. My guess is you would see a minimum of 15FPS and go to 25FPS. I have no experience with either this processor or this graphics card, so take my word for what you will. I’m just basing those parts off what I run and guessing at the outcome.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

It is indeed a better laptop and will give u betetr FPS. But in all honesty u will still get ‘bad’ FPS in high population area’s. This is simply down to the CPU. Although the 3630QM is one of hte best and widest used CPU’s for laptops, it cant really be OverClocked and as such will never give ‘good’ FPS for GW2.

The GPU is a BIG upgrade. A 630m to a 660m is a great thing to have. The 660m is imo a tad low for ‘proper’ gaming as its more like a desktop 650…but its MUCH better than a 630m.

If u have the cash spare then yes it may be a good idea ot upgrade. IMO you shouldmaybe save a little more to get a slightly better one with a 670m and maybe even a 3740QM or 3820QM CPU for those precious extra Mhz.

ofcourse the best advise would simply be to build a desktop, as you will get much morep erformance for you money.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |